Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Carter 19 Prestonsburg 0
Final.
Good win. Now time to host Martin County…
What’s the details from this one?

Prestonsburg must have put up quite a fight, considering West beat Shelby Valley and SV just destroyed Pburg, 61-14.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What’s the details from this one?

Prestonsburg must have put up quite a fight, considering West beat Shelby Valley and SV just destroyed Pburg, 61-14.

Comets didn’t have Cline and both teams were very sloppy
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What’s the details from this one?

PBurg defense played decent, but O couldn’t get much going. Seems like every designed run had horrible blocking from the interior linemen....ESPECIALLY when pulling.

West Carter seemed to be slightly bigger than us but way more physical.

A sloppy game with both teams having several turnovers.

This was a type of game PBurg could’ve stolen if we could’ve put something together on O.

Either way, proud of these young Cats. We’ve got to regroup and get a road game against a very beatable Bath Co team. We’ve just got to keep our heads up after giving up a score, it seems we drop our heads and just let that affect us more than it should. That maturity and mental growth will come with experience though. They’re definitely going in the right direction.

Hats off to West Carter for being a well coached team. I was able to talk to their head coach after the game, and he’s a class act. A very good young coach with a passion for the game and for high school football.

Best of luck to our new district foes moving forward!
Congrats to West Carter.
Surprised the WC offense didn’t score more. But congrats anyhow.
Score is shocking. Even without Cline.
Cardinals ride Wrote:Score is shocking. Even without Cline.

If comets could have finished in the redzone then they would’ve won by 30. Comet defense was dominate in this one.
Pburg beats bath next week and takes the 4th playoff spot
Cardinals ride Wrote:Score is shocking. Even without Cline.

Not shocking considering it sounds like WC just had a bad night on O in the red zone.

West Carter has a phenomenal defense- they’ve allowed one TD offensively in district play. They’ll have a good game with Martin this week. West wins they’ll be district champs.

They’ll have to get better offensively or they’ll struggle to beat SV again.
KYHSFB Wrote:Not shocking considering it sounds like WC just had a bad night on O in the red zone.

West Carter has a phenomenal defense- they’ve allowed one TD offensively in district play. They’ll have a good game with Martin this week. West wins they’ll be district champs.

They’ll have to get better offensively or they’ll struggle to beat SV again.

The offense hasn’t looked the best without Cline. And I’ll agree with you on the defense. That unit is playing great this year and they really have all year. You don’t need much out of an offense whenever your defense is as good as theirs has been
WestCarterComet Wrote:The offense hasn’t looked the best without Cline. And I’ll agree with you on the defense. That unit is playing great this year and they really have all year. You don’t need much out of an offense whenever your defense is as good as theirs has been

I was looking forward to seeing your DL play and I left even more impressed. They controlled the LOS and therefore controlled the game.