Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is in your top 5?
What teams this year would you put 1 through 5? Seems to be the biggest talk every time you turn ESPN on and they are talking college football so I wanted to get a discussion going on here
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Just based on how they’ve played so far, not how I think they’ll finish, I’d say—
1. Ohio St. (Pains me to say that).
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. LSU
5. Oklahoma
Van Hagar Wrote:Just based on how they’ve played so far, not how I think they’ll finish, I’d say—
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. LSU
5. Oklahoma

That’s a fair list. Now give me the how you think they’ll finish list
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
That’s tougher, just because of the SEC where teams are gonna beat up on each other. Clemson, who hasn’t looked dominant, and Oklahoma, whose conference isn’t that strong, could both wind up undefeated, although OU will probably have to beat Texas twice. And Ohio St. still has Penn St., Michigan and Wisconsin (probably twice). But I’ll take those three, I think the SEC might be held to one playoff team this year just because those other three could be undefeated. Loser of SEC title game could be undefeated until then, then get left out. So from the SEC, this year I’m taking LSU. Think they’ve got enough offense to get it done. Playoffs Ohio St. vs. Clemson, LSU vs. Oklahoma. Championship LSU over Ohio St. Now I’ll be lucky to have one team right.🙄
Van Hagar Wrote:That’s tougher, just because of the SEC where teams are gonna beat up on each other. Clemson, who hasn’t looked dominant, and Oklahoma, whose conference isn’t that strong, could both wind up undefeated, although OU will probably have to beat Texas twice. And Ohio St. still has Penn St., Michigan and Wisconsin (probably twice). But I’ll take those three, I think the SEC might be held to one playoff team this year just because those other three could be undefeated. Loser of SEC title game could be undefeated until then, then get left out. So from the SEC, this year I’m taking LSU. Think they’ve got enough offense to get it done. Playoffs Ohio St. vs. Clemson, LSU vs. Oklahoma. Championship LSU over Ohio St. Now I’ll be lucky to have one team right.🙄

What do you think about a 6 team playoff? First two teams get a bye? But then you run into the fact that people will just say make it 8 teams and so on and so forth. But I think with 6 teams you have a real shot at giving the best opportunity to see who is the best team in the country. A lot of these teams face circumstances the others don’t. Like SEC when they are good have to play the LSUs, Auburn’s, Bama’s and Georgia before they even potentially make it to the playoffs.
#BBFL
You know, I could get behind that, let all five conference champions and one wild card in. No matter what number you let in, be it four, six, eight, or 64, some folks will always complain about who gets left out when a committee is doing the picking.
Van Hagar Wrote:You know, I could get behind that, let all five conference champions and one wild card in. No matter what number you let in, be it four, six, eight, or 64, some folks will always complain about who gets left out when a committee is doing the picking.

That's my thinking as well. 6 teams would be perfect in my opinion and 8 would be too many but they could persuade me and I could see it being 8 before it would a 6 team playoff.
#BBFL
I haven't got to see a lot of college football this season. I have watched a lot of the highlights on ESPN and Fox Sports as well as watched a lot of the game day shows. The "experts" seem to be jumping on the Ohio State bandwagon which tickles me not only because I'm a Buckeye fan, but because I'm tired of the annual Clemson-Alabama national championship game. The Buckeyes have a long way to go get as do the other teams. As far as LSU , they showed a lot of promise last year then got beat. The SEC West is a beast to get through them you are going to have Flordia or Georgia waiting for you in the conference title game. That is brutal.

I hope the playoffs are not expanded. I like it at 4 teams. The old 1 AA or FCS started their playoffs at 4 teams back in the late 70's and now they have around 20 or so teams getting in. That is just too many and I hope FBS isn't headed in that direction. I know it is just a matter of time before it is expanded, but I wish they would leave it alone.
Van Hagar Wrote:Just based on how they’ve played so far, not how I think they’ll finish, I’d say—
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. LSU
5. Oklahoma

I agree with this top 5. But as far as the order goes, who knows?
Guess you’d have to replace Georgia with Clemson now. I’m actually pulling for LSU to win it, but they’ve still got a long, hard road ahead.
Not so sure. Both Clemson and Georgia have dropped the ball at some point during the season.
(see what I did there?)

Confusednicker:
Oh, you’re the clever one.😂😂But Clemson as defending champs just need to keep winning, be it ugly or not. They are at Louisville this week. So keep winning, Clemson.