3. Newport Central Catholic
4. Hazard
5. Kentucky Country Day
6. Holy Cross Louisville
7. Williamsburg
8. Raceland
9. Campbellsville
10. Berea

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee is made up of members selected from this site.
Looks good
I think Williamsburg should be in that #5 spot but other than that it looks good.
I know next to nothing about NCC other than their history of being a solid and sometimes great program. So... here goes my best guess.

1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville (when healthy)
3. Raceland
4. NCC
5. Hazard
6. Williamsburg
7. KCD
8. HCL
9. Campbellsville
10. Berea

Raceland has a defense that can slow down any of the top tier teams and we all know that beating them twice in one year will be tough, or if they beat Paintsville in the regular season, going there in week 2 would be equally tough.

Just my opinion, but Paintsville beats Hazard by 2 TDS if Hyden plays in that game.
This is living proof that we shouldn’t have 6 classes in Kentucky. This class is watered down so bad and it’s a shame. This class is Pikeville’s to win and there will be no one on their level by the time we get to post season.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:This is living proof that we shouldn’t have 6 classes in Kentucky. This class is watered down so bad and it’s a shame. This class is Pikeville’s to win and there will be no one on their level by the time we get to post season.

What’s the problem? If we went back to a 4 class system, it would be Mayfield and Beechwood dominating Class A most years.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:This is living proof that we shouldn’t have 6 classes in Kentucky. This class is watered down so bad and it’s a shame. This class is Pikeville’s to win and there will be no one on their level by the time we get to post season.

In this I agree with you 100%. Outside of about 5 teams there is nobody in Class 1A that can compete with those top tier programs. I personally think we should go back to 4 classes and be done with it. Beechwood and Pikeville in a normal year will compete for the 2A tittle as they did in 1A. Not a huge difference in 1A and 2A.

I would argue the 6A class of teams is worse than 1A.

Pikeville is the favorite but it’s not like they are the ‘85 Bears.
plantmanky Wrote:I would argue the 6A class of teams is worse than 1A.

I've been saying this for years..... 6A, aside from the Top 5 teams, has a low quality of football.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I think 5 classes is the perfect number. Keep the biggest 32 in 5a and the smallest 32 in 1a but allow any 1a team that wants, to play up a class to do so. I’d also use some type of multiplier in calculating private’s.
Westside Wrote:1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
4. Hazard
5. Kentucky Country Day
6. Holy Cross Louisville
7. Williamsburg
8. Raceland
9. Campbellsville
10. Berea

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee is made up of members selected from this site.

I agree with the teams, might make a couple small changes but this is pretty close for now. Will know A LOT more after this weekend. Also, a team people need to start keeping an eye on is Bethlehem.
2000PHS Wrote:Pikeville is the favorite but it’s not like they are the ‘85 Bears.

No Class A team is coming in to Pikeville and winning. If Pikeville takes care of business at Hazard in two weeks they will be at Kroger playing for championship #5.
Westside Wrote:1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
4. Hazard
5. Kentucky Country Day
6. Holy Cross Louisville
7. Williamsburg
8. Raceland
9. Campbellsville
10. Berea

I agree
jetpilot Wrote:No Class A team is coming in to Pikeville and winning. If Pikeville takes care of business at Hazard in two weeks they will be at Kroger playing for championship #5.

Whatever man. I know Paintsville could do it, albeit as an underdog though. I’m sure you said the same in 2014.
All classes are too heavy. Amazing how much teams fall off after top 8 in every class.
Just my opinion but after tonight...

1.Pikeville
2.Hazard
3.Paintsville
4.Newport Central Catholic
5.Raceland
6.Williamsburg
7.Campbellsville
8.KCD
9.Bethlehem
10.Louis. Holy Cross
2000PHS Wrote:Whatever man. I know Paintsville could do it, albeit as an underdog though. I’m sure you said the same in 2014.

Very doubtful. 3 D1s in Paintsville backfield that year and Pikeville had key injuries. Transfer from JC, transfer from Huntington who flew in for the playoffs and was never seen in Paintsville again, and Kash who tried to transfer to Pikeville but Pikeville wouldn't lie like everyone else does to get him eligible. But yes you are right I always think Pikeville will beat Paintsville.
jetpilot Wrote:Very doubtful. 3 D1s in Paintsville backfield that year and Pikeville had key injuries. Transfer from JC, transfer from Huntington who flew in for the playoffs and was never seen in Paintsville again, and Kash who tried to transfer to Pikeville but Pikeville wouldn't lie like everyone else does to get him eligible. But yes you are right I always think Pikeville will beat Paintsville.
Jet making a statement! When did Paintsville’s Football savior try to leave them? I didn’t know about that one.
jetpilot Wrote:Very doubtful. 3 D1s in Paintsville backfield that year and Pikeville had key injuries. Transfer from JC, transfer from Huntington who flew in for the playoffs and was never seen in Paintsville again, and Kash who tried to transfer to Pikeville but Pikeville wouldn't lie like everyone else does to get him eligible. But yes you are right I always think Pikeville will beat Paintsville.

You mean the transfer from JC who grew up at Paintsville, transferred to JC in middle school, then came back to Paintsville? Boy from Huntington was D1? Who was the 3rd D1 back?

Pikeville had some injuries? I recall in the regular season matchup telling y’all that Paintsville was much better when they were healthy. They had 3 starting linemen out and Belcher was coming off of an injury nowhere near 100%. Y’all laughed and said it wouldn’t matter. Pikeville was without their stud WR in the playoff matchup. Who else was injured?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Jet making a statement! When did Paintsville’s Football savior try to leave them? I didn’t know about that one.

I don’t remember Chirico trying to leave?

Kash “left” during the off-season either before his junior or sophomore year. Who knows if they were ever serious about him actually transferring but he didn’t and won Mr. Football and Pikeville won the Title in 2015.

So in a year in which you all absolutely embarrassed Paintsville like 62-7 or close to it, you didn’t think or say Ayou would destroy them again in the playoffs. But now in a year that you beat us 9-8, we have no shot to win. Sound logic. Heck, y’all beat Belfry that year and they won State. You probably didn’t even watch film on Paintsville hahaha (okay that part is a joke)
2000PHS Wrote:So in a year in which you all absolutely embarrassed Paintsville like 62-7 or close to it, you didn’t think or say Ayou would destroy them again in the playoffs. But now in a year that you beat us 9-8, we have no shot to win. Sound logic. Heck, y’all beat Belfry that year and they won State. You probably didn’t even watch film on Paintsville hahaha (okay that part is a joke)

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183506&highlight=Pikeville+football+2014

Earlier he posted about 3 D1 backs for Paintsville? Kash is a D1 LB, not QB or RB. Belcher signed with Morehead, and the Hendricks boy signed with Alabama State. None of them broke the 100 yard mark individually. Hendricks was actually a horrible RB. Scared of contact, ran east and west instead of north and south.

That’s all in the past though, it doesn’t matter. Pikeville is the team to beat again this year. It’s gonna be a tall task for anyone to beat them at home or anywhere else.
Redneck Wrote:http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183506&highlight=Pikeville+football+2014

Earlier he posted about 3 D1 backs for Paintsville? Kash is a D1 LB, not QB or RB. Belcher signed with Morehead, and the Hendricks boy signed with Alabama State. None of them broke the 100 yard mark individually. Hendricks was actually a horrible RB. Scared of contact, ran east and west instead of north and south.

That’s all in the past though, it doesn’t matter. Pikeville is the team to beat again this year. It’s gonna be a tall task for anyone to beat them at home or anywhere else.

I would hate to try to speak for Jet but I’ll try lol

I think he is classifying Kash as the 3rd D1 player. Kent Phelps did not play in 2014 (injured).

I have said since the beginning of the preseason that Pikeville is the favorite. However, Jet just likes to make bold statements that the data (9-8 totally even matched game) doesn’t support.
What ever happened to Hendricks? He sure made the rounds in the Tri- State area for a couple of years.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:What ever happened to Hendricks? He sure made the rounds in the Tri- State area for a couple of years.

No idea and don’t really care. What other schools did he play for?