Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Bell Co 39 Rockcastle Co 6
Obsession? Hardly. lol. It's just myself and a few of the other posters who've all been here awhile see all of the Bell County chest thumping. And we are just bring out the fact that they have a garbage schedule. You also have juvenile fans who want to create new threads proclaiming Bell County #1. That's not how we have typically done things here on this forum since I've been on it. Which I started back in 2012.
Besides it's a message board. It's all in good fun! Don't get so upset by it. Save yourself that feeling for the playoffs.
Not upset your interesting to say the least !! Some fans are a little excited, our kids have been through a lot and it’s nice to see them having fun again . We may not get far who knows . I will agree there are lots of great teams Belfry always is !! My son plays for Bell and I will tell you this , we do have a good team . Strong O-line , a lot of skilled players , speed and one of the top quarterbacks!! I do wish our schedule was more and so does most Bell fans . That’s out of our hands though . So for now I am just encouraging mine to play his heart and ignore negative people and most of all have fun !! And hope for the best we have as good a chance as anyone at this point!!
I wonder how Dudley ever won three state titles considering he’s always played a weak schedule. Either he knows something you all don’t or them championships must have been flukes. Either way I’m fine with it. Go Bell!
Here’s the thing about scheduling high school games. It’s hard to say who will be good next year, because of graduates.
If Bell had Southwestern on there schedule and Corbin, no one would have said a word about being weak schedule. Both of them are average this year! But have been very good the past several years.
Bell folks thought Knox Central would have been a really tough game, but wasn’t and over at half.
Whitley was the most physical game of you ask Dud And asst coaches.
Harlan Co will be a war hopefully.
Could have schedule Beechwood and people would had thought it was a great schedule, but they are struggling and has won 1 or 2 games..
Who knows on scheduling!!
Bell does have a very weak schedule but I also think that with their location within the state it’s hard to find a schedule full of tough opponents without having to travels 2+ hours with the exception of Corbin. It’s much easier to schedule teams when your close to the interstate or in a highly populated city. Tough scheduling will either help in the long run or really hurt the morale of the kids come playoff time. It’s also not their fault that they’re in an extremely weak district. Bell is good but will struggle against a good team. Either way I love my Bobcats and will be here til the end. Goodluck to all.
Corbin Schedule: they have played two teams with winning record. Whitley co 3-3 and Pulaski Co. 6-1
Bell co schedule: Whitley Co 3-3, Rockcastle 3-3,
Corbin has beaten 1 team with a winning record (Whitley)
Bell has beaten two teams with winning record..
I hope my Jackets gets back to playing both Corbin and Bell next go around.
When Hilton was at Bourbon County, surrounded by "interstates", his schedule was still exceedingly weak.

When Dudley was at UPike, and the schedule was not wholly in his control, oddly enough, he had a losing record.

For his three state championships, Hilton defeated Owensboro Catholic, Lincoln County, and Meade County, none of which are even mid-level state programs.

Hilton has built a resume of 350+ wins against talent profoundly weaker than his like peers, Haywood, Glazer, Harp, French, Redman, Beatty, and Mueller.
They played bullitt east in his last state championship
BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote:They played bullitt east in his last state championship

You are absolutely correct, it was Bullitt East, which was a team that inspired a great deal of woe to many a school in my youth.

And in 2008, that 9-6 Chargers team was fearsome. Absolutely horrifying for their opponents to line-up against.

I would ask my nephew about playing Bullitt East this year, but I worry it would make him catatonic.
I just noticed that the great Dudley Hilton is 0-4 against Ty Scroggins.

As it happens, Scroggins is on the DeSales' coaching staff; his son's the QB.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Here’s the thing about scheduling high school games. It’s hard to say who will be good next year, because of graduates.
If Bell had Southwestern on there schedule and Corbin, no one would have said a word about being weak schedule. Both of them are average this year! But have been very good the past several years.
Bell folks thought Knox Central would have been a really tough game, but wasn’t and over at half.
Whitley was the most physical game of you ask Dud And asst coaches.
Harlan Co will be a war hopefully.
Could have schedule Beechwood and people would had thought it was a great schedule, but they are struggling and has won 1 or 2 games..
Who knows on scheduling!!

And one of those games Beechwood won was vs Corbin.

I’ll give Corbin credit. They scheduled Bowling Green.
turkeysalad Wrote:You are absolutely correct, it was Bullitt East, which was a team that inspired a great deal of woe to many a school in my youth.

And in 2008, that 9-6 Chargers team was fearsome. Absolutely horrifying for their opponents to line-up against.

I would ask my nephew about playing Bullitt East this year, but I worry it would make him catatonic.

They did beat Boyle giving the Rebels their only loss for three years.
turkeysalad Wrote:You are absolutely correct, it was Bullitt East, which was a team that inspired a great deal of woe to many a school in my youth.

Actually Bullitt East is 4-2.
I was referring to the powerhouse 2008 Bullitt East team, which was 9-6.

I did ask the nephew about B.E.'s two losses, and he told me he would be concerned, were his team not unbeaten, and on pace for back-to-back titles.

But you should probably hurry down to Conley's, heard they are giving away Listeria and Giardia lamblia this week. Maybe Lee Majors will show up.
Everyone ease up on the Bell Co. fans. This is a program with a deep tradition and suddenly there relevant again with a eastern KY legend at the helm. Who cares how strong there schedule is at this point, It’s good to be the king for a moment. They’re are several storms brewing on the horizon, and sooner than later they will have to answer the bell. Will they be prepared is yet to be seen.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Everyone ease up on the Bell Co. fans. This is a program with a deep tradition and suddenly there relevant again with a eastern KY legend at the helm. Who cares how strong there schedule is at this point, It’s good to be the king for a moment. They’re are several storms brewing on the horizon, and sooner than later they will have to answer the bell. Will they be prepared is yet to be seen.

If Dudley wasn’t there I’d be pulling for bell county to bring a ring back to the mountains. But he is there..... and people are kidding themselves if they think their schedule helps them.
ColtPride Wrote:Obsession? Hardly. lol. It's just myself and a few of the other posters who've all been here awhile see all of the Bell County chest thumping. And we are just bring out the fact that they have a garbage schedule. You also have juvenile fans who want to create new threads proclaiming Bell County #1. That's not how we have typically done things here on this forum since I've been on it. Which I started back in 2012.
Besides it's a message board. It's all in good fun! Don't get so upset by it. Save yourself that feeling for the playoffs.
Dudley is gonna make you cry in the playoffs :truestory:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Hatz Wrote:How anyone thinks Bell is better than Desales is beyond me.

You are underestimating the Bobcats.
turkeysalad Wrote:A high percentile RPI is a vital, as it is a wonderful addition to any team's depth, defensive prowess, offensive strategies, and has never shown to equate to any form of substantive predictive methodology, but, you know, tautology is bond to work, at some point in human history...

And I wholly agree with the sentiment of playing Jackson and Estill, over games at X and Catholic. What rationale person would want to play on the road, against talented teams, when you can just as well play exceptional powerhouses like Jackson and Estill? History, at all levels and perceptions, certainly proves that mediocre scheduling leads to ultimate, memorable success.

I mean, not in any social structure, athletic pursuit, or developmental scenario, but once you take those three empirical foundations away, thus making any argument a fundamental fallacy, you are absolutely correct...
I'm pretty sure Bell County's coach has some memorable success. I wouldn't concentrate on their schedule too much.
bobcatpride1 Wrote:Not saying our schedule won't come back and bite us in the butt at some point down the road, but there's an awful lot of crow piling up if Bell can manage to bring home some hardware this year. Somebody's gotta eat it!!Confusednicker:

It's comical. You'd think Dudley doesn't know how to coach :hilarious:
turkeysalad Wrote:When Hilton was at Bourbon County, surrounded by "interstates", his schedule was still exceedingly weak.

When Dudley was at UPike, and the schedule was not wholly in his control, oddly enough, he had a losing record.

For his three state championships, Hilton defeated Owensboro Catholic, Lincoln County, and Meade County, none of which are even mid-level state programs.

Hilton has built a resume of 350+ wins against talent profoundly weaker than his like peers, Haywood, Glazer, Harp, French, Redman, Beatty, and Mueller.

I'm sure none of the top teams played in the state tournament in the years that Dudley won state championships. in 2008 Bell County beat Bullit East for the championship after beating Boyle County in the game before that. You try to act smart but you look dumb. You're an A$$ talker.
BobcatPride05 Wrote:Bell does have a very weak schedule but I also think that with their location within the state it’s hard to find a schedule full of tough opponents without having to travels 2+ hours with the exception of Corbin. It’s much easier to schedule teams when your close to the interstate or in a highly populated city. Tough scheduling will either help in the long run or really hurt the morale of the kids come playoff time. It’s also not their fault that they’re in an extremely weak district. Bell is good but will struggle against a good team. Either way I love my Bobcats and will be here til the end. Goodluck to all.

I think it is hard to schedule in remote corners.

How does Mayfield do it?

Why can’t Johnson Central and Bell get together?
Hatz Wrote:I think it is hard to schedule in remote corners.

How does Mayfield do it?

Johnson County would be a good one. That Bell County program was in bad shape and Dudley is starting to build it back up. I didn't expect him to have the toughest schedules yet.
Hatz Wrote:I think it is hard to schedule in remote corners.

How does Mayfield do it?

Mayfield does it because they are willing to travel. Also Coach Morris understands how important it is to challenge your team.
Bell had the worst football program in the mountains and turned it into a winner. He turned Breathitt into a winner. He goes to Bourbon County and wins right away. They weren’t good before or since then. Bell has had 2 good coaches replace Coach Hilton when he left. They couldn’t sustain what he did. You cannot like Coach Hilton all you want, but to act like he isn’t that good of a Coach is laughable. That argument doesn’t hold up at all.
Hound05 Wrote:If Dudley wasn’t there I’d be pulling for bell county to bring a ring back to the mountains. But he is there..... and people are kidding themselves if they think their schedule helps them.

Have you seen Bama’s schedule this season? Playing a hard schedule does not prepare you for no dang playoffs. If so? Why hasn’t Corbin won a State Title since 1982? Either your good or not good. Period.
Colt y’all better see if you can even get out of District play before you worry about Bell or anyone else. You’ll have to win two against CAL before you need to worry about other teams
Hound05 Wrote:If Dudley wasn’t there I’d be pulling for bell county to bring a ring back to the mountains. But he is there..... and people are kidding themselves if they think their schedule helps them.
Sad thing is everyone makes this about Dudley and it’s not . It’s the Kids that are working hard everyday to win . They don’t get any good words because all you here is , I Hate Dudley!!! These are a good group of kids . Actually most of them and Corbin kids are pretty good friends!! Coach works them Hard. Nothing comes easy in order to play you got to earn it !
As far as turkey salad I hate to even comment on his dumb posts. We’re perfectly happy w our coach so if Bell folks are satisfied don’t worry yourself with who our coach is and who he’s played etc..
BellCo18 Wrote:Have you seen Bama’s schedule this season? Playing a hard schedule does not prepare you for no dang playoffs. If so? Why hasn’t Corbin won a State Title since 1982? Either your good or not good. Period.

You’re serious? Hahaha. First off Bama plays in the SEC. it’s hard enough 2nd bell county isn’t Bama in looking at it in a HS perspective. 3rd, Corbin made it to the title game two years in a row and the semis before that. They knocked off the previous title holder and favorite to win it. They also YARD STOMPED bell county since ole dud has came back. Their schedule helped them do all of that. Along with talent. Those kids won’t know what to do if they lined up across a guy who is actually more talented than them, and it’s gonna happen. It happened to us several times, but we were prepared, because of our schedule. Live in the glory while it lasts I guess, if winning 10 games a year is your goal.