Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 41 Floyd Central 6 Final
Pirates win and move to 4-2 on the season and 2-0 in district play. Belfry did what needed done. Win the game, come out with no more injuries, and get some of the backups quality playing time. With the bye next week, the Pirates look to continue healing and come out in two weeks healthier than they've been all year and be ready for the final push toward another state championship.
Belfry better strip them up Ashland just kicked the Sh-t out of Raceland they better get there crap together just saying.
Congratulations to the Pirates, get healthy and two weeks there is the next one
Congrats to the Pirates..
Congrats to the Pirates. Like 55 said this Belfry team accomplished what they needed accomplished over the last couple weeks. Get everyone healthy, get some offensive line and QB reps and get some much need playing time for backups.

This Belfry team is licking their chops that people are sleeping on them right now. Once healthy and all the pieces are back in place get your popcorn ready.
After a couple of early losses the Pirates have fallen out of the spotlight. I'm sure that doesn't bother them at all. This will be a dangerous team come playoff time.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Congrats to the Pirates. Like 55 said this Belfry team accomplished what they needed accomplished over the last couple weeks. Get everyone healthy, get some offensive line and QB reps and get some much need playing time for backups.

This Belfry team is licking their chops that people are sleeping on them right now. Once healthy and all the pieces are back in place get your popcorn ready.

That's exactly what the Pirates want Velvet, for everyone to keep sleeping on them! Their hearing all the talk, you can believe that. This Pirate team is very talented. And the two losses were against two damn good football teams. It's not like we lost to a couple of slouches. But it's ok. Belfry will more than likely go 2-1 in their last 3 games, and very possibly go 3-0 if they can get, and stay healthy, and give Johnson Central everything they got. But like I said, if we can get and stay healthy, Belfry is along way from being out of the picture in 3A. And in my opinion, their still one of the top teams.
Walt Longmire Wrote:After a couple of early losses the Pirates have fallen out of the spotlight. I'm sure that doesn't bother them at all. This will be a dangerous team come playoff time.

Sounds like it bothers more fans than it does the players. Alot of fans I've talked to have almost given up on this team Walt. And that's a shame. To much football left to be played. This Belfry team is far from being finished! These kids know what their about and how good they are when their all on the field togeher. Their gaining more and more confidence every day. They'll be very dangerous come November.
I know you know first hand of the players mind set right now 55. They should be focused and motivated that everyone is sleeping on them. This team is scary talented and no one can convince me that if they were 100% healthy that the would only have one loss on their record right now. Just listening to Coach Haywood I think he knows exactly what he has on the field and is more then happy to be out of the spotlight...cruising into the playoffs without a bullseye on there back.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:I know you know first hand of the players mind set right now 55. They should be focused and motivated that everyone is sleeping on them. This team is scary talented and no one can convince me that if they were 100% healthy that the would only have one loss on their record right now. Just listening to Coach Haywood I think he knows exactly what he has on the field and is more then happy to be out of the spotlight...cruising into the playoffs without a bullseye on there back.

This team is starting to get healthy and get their confidence back. And with the talent on this team, once all the stars align, watch out! I've not seen this team more motivated and focused than they are right now. Let them keep the spotlight. We dont want it anyway. Like you said, all it is is just a big ol bullseye!
Is Belfry's good running back back from injury yet?
watcher Wrote:Is Belfry's good running back back from injury yet?

Not yet.
Will he be back this year?
watcher Wrote:Will he be back this year?

He will definitely be back I’m guessing. He warmed up for the Pikeville game and the decision was made for him not to play. But without belfry’s easy schedule past two games and with bye week coming I’m sure they are just giving him as much rest as possible to heal that thing before the real season starts.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
watcher Wrote:Will he be back this year?

Hopefully against Lawrence County.
Dixon will be back this year. Actually could have played last night. I'm not throwing off on Floyd Central whatsoever but with the bye week coming up, it was decided to take a chance and sit him again last night against the Jags in hopes of not needing him and giving him 2 more weeks of healing. Unless some major set back happens, he will be in pads and ready to go October 18th against Lawrence County. Then, just sit back and see how different our team looks when he's in the lineup and why people have been saying Belfry could have possibly won the two games they lost if he was in. This kid is that big of a difference maker. Maybe the best player on the team. No one on the team will be more happier than Ben Bentley to see #3 back on the field. Opponents will no longer be able to just key in on him but will now have to worry about Belfry's two headed monster backfield and Bentley will start seeing more of that green grass in front of him like he did before when Dixon was playing. And with the way Hensley has been playing at Fullback, Coleman now with some games under his belt, and the offensive line looking like their starting to come together as a unit, this team will be dangerous as a cocked gun come November. The Pirates are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it couldn't come at a better time!
I forgot to add that Dixon is also one of our best DB's and kick returners. So you see why Pond Creek Nation is ready for this kid to get back on the field. I truly believe, if he can stay healthy, he MAY go down as one of the best players to ever wear the red and white. You lose a player like him and your entire team changes. The kid is dangerous anytime he's even around the football, on either side, and we have yet seen anyone completely shut him down. Like I said, things are about to change on Pond Creek, for the better, and the excitement is through the roof knowing his return is close.
Good to see Brad Lowe back last night. Another piece of the puzzle back in place
Belfry fan 75 Wrote:Good to see Brad Lowe back last night. Another piece of the puzzle back in place

Yes it is. It's great seeing Brad back playing again. With the injury to Isaac Dixon, and Brett Coleman being out for a minute, and a few other minor injuries to other players like Ethan Wolford who has been playing hurt all year, Brad has kinda went unnoticed. But this kid is a "football player". Make no mistake about it, he was sorely missed. Blackwell and others did a good job of filling in but Brad is a huge part of this team and folks will see what I mean in a game or two when he gets his playing legs back under him. Lowe can be dominant at times.

Alot of people just dont realize how beat up the Pirates have been this season. You'd be hard pressed to show me another team in the state that has went through what Belfry has endured in the first half of the season when it comes to injuries. I know most people are tired of us talking about our injuries, and that all teams have them, but not like this. It's been epic! It's amazing that we're sitting at 4-2 right now, and that's the truth. But things are changing. Like someone said before, y'all just stand by and get ya popcorn ready! The Belfry Pirates are about to get turned loose.
There is three things in life that are guaranteed. Death, Taxes ,and a thread on a message board talking about Belfry’s injuries.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:There is three things in life that are guaranteed. Death, Taxes ,and a thread on a message board talking about Belfry’s injuries.

Actually the 3 things are death, taxes, and an Ashland butthole....
bucslover68 Wrote:Actually the 3 things are death, taxes, and an Ashland butthole....

You missed one. And that's Belfry shows up for ever game and plays anybody no matter who they are. They don't find out who they draw, get scared, and run home like a bunch of babies! 😂
Tomcat Pride Wrote:There is three things in life that are guaranteed. Death, Taxes ,and a thread on a message board talking about Belfry’s injuries.

What's the title of this thread? It's a Belfry thread genius. It's where we talk about these kinda things. If you dont like it, leave!

You have that wrong.

There are three guarantees in life.

Ashland recruiting players

Ashland turning in people for recruiting players that they are jealous that they didn't land

Ashland having team infighting after suffering a demoralizing loss to a team that they feel that they have a greater socioeconomic status than, which is caused in part by the first two points.

Shut up and take your crap elsewhere.
Fellas. Get it under control
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
bucslover68 Wrote:Actually the 3 things are death, taxes, and an Ashland butthole....

I really don’t agree with the first two bucslover68 but you definitely got the third one right. Just get BobSeger on here and he will leave
Exactly. If healthy they are 7-0
Exactly
#55piratefan you are exactly right. When belfry is 100% healthy they are the #1 team in 3A. THEY WOULD OF BEAT PIKEVILLE BY 2 TOUCHDOWNS OR MORE WITH DIXON IS HEALTHY
I WATCH ALOT OF HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL AND IF DIXON GET HEALTHY HE SHOULD BE A CANIDATE FOR KENTUCKY MR. GOOTBALL NEXT YEAR. I KNOW WHAT A TALENT THE DIXON KID IS. I HAVE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:#55piratefan you are exactly right. When belfry is 100% healthy they are the #1 team in 3A. THEY WOULD OF BEAT PIKEVILLE BY 2 TOUCHDOWNS OR MORE WITH DIXON IS HEALTHY
I WATCH ALOT OF HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL AND IF DIXON GET HEALTHY HE SHOULD BE A CANIDATE FOR KENTUCKY MR. GOOTBALL NEXT YEAR. I KNOW WHAT A TALENT THE DIXON KID IS. I HAVE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES.

I agree with everything you said buddy except the Pikeville thing. We can't say that for sure. The Panthers have a great team. And we should respect that. They won so let's tip our hats to them and cheer them on all the way to the championship. I think its theirs to lose. I haven't seen, so far, anyone in 1A that could challenge them.

As far as the rest of your post, I have to agree. I think it's very possible that Isaac could be in the Mr. Football discussion next year.

I also think that we are one of the best teams in 3A too. Still a ton of football left to play though so we'll see.