Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Clay County
***UPDATE***
THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE PLAYED ON THURSDAY NIGHT (10/3) @ Johnson Central.

JC begins district play this week as we welcome four new teams to Class 4A, District 8. FWIW.... this will be Clay County's first trip to Johnsonville in twenty years.

The series is tied 5-5.
1986: Johnson Central 22-14
1987: Clay County 30-2
1988: Clay County 16-15
1989: Clay County 34-7
1990: Clay County 20-28
1995: Johnson Central 14-0
1996: Clay County 35-7
1999: Johnson Central 49-20
2000: Johnson Central 20-14
2011: Johnson Central 40-6
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
JC wins the game before the 2nd qtr starts
I agree. Running clock in this one.
Eagles by A BUNCH!
Did we have to post this one? Haha kidding. That is an interesting timeline of games. Hopefully the Tigers can get and stay healthy for a late season push. I look for the Eagles to play for a state championship.
I'm not saying...... I'm just saying that JC is gonna be playing a team with the Tigers mascot during Apple Day.
Johnson Central big
Johnson Central will win this, but Sizemore is turning Clay County around, he's a class act and doing things the right way and Clay isn't going to be a punching back for anyone for long the way things are improving.
Johnson 58 Clay 8 Best team Johnson ever had i believe.
Long night for the Tiggers.
Game is now on Thursday....which is a joke...since I had made travel arrangements to be home in time from work to see the game on Friday. A bunch of unhappy people right now.
hoghead Wrote:Johnson 58 Clay 8 Best team Johnson ever had i believe.

I said earlier this year, JC is better this year than last year. I am still not sold on them being better than 2016, but it might end up that way.
There will be two elementary games Thursday night before the high school game...… yes, the high school game is now on THURSDAY NIGHT.
Old guy Wrote:Game is now on Thursday....which is a joke...since I had made travel arrangements to be home in time from work to see the game on Friday. A bunch of unhappy people right now.

Why do you think it’s a joke? A lot of teams are playing on Thursday. Most likely the crowd will be much better on a Thursday night instead of Friday night with the Apple Festival going on. I’d say a lot of neighboring fan bases will be there as well. It’s a no brainer financially to play on Thursday. Most likely a lot of Paintsville fans will be there as well because we play in Big Stone Gap Virginia on Friday night.
Because of the short notice. As a father of a player, who spent a lot of $$$ to be back in town on Friday night so I could watch, it stings. I have no issue of a Thursday game...but, it should have been established much earlier than 3 days prior. We all know when the Apple Festival is and this game has been on the schedule for a while.
Old guy Wrote:Because of the short notice. As a father of a player, who spent a lot of $$$ to be back in town on Friday night so I could watch, it stings. I have no issue of a Thursday game...but, it should have been established much earlier than 3 days prior. We all know when the Apple Festival is and this game has been on the schedule for a while.
How dare a school try to maximize their profits by switching the night they play on before consulting the parents first. Some of you all must be very spoiled at Central now.
Lol whatever you think man...
Eagles by alot.
Old guy Wrote:Because of the short notice. As a father of a player, who spent a lot of $$$ to be back in town on Friday night so I could watch, it stings. I have no issue of a Thursday game...but, it should have been established much earlier than 3 days prior. We all know when the Apple Festival is and this game has been on the schedule for a while.

I have to agree with you on this. Should have gave people more of a notice than this, especially the Clay County folks. I understand things happen but they've known for awhile the festival and game was on the same night. Should have made this change a week or two earlier.
Ralph Furley Wrote:How dare a school try to maximize their profits by switching the night they play on before consulting the parents first. Some of you all must be very spoiled at Central now.

Got an honest question. Would you feel the same way if it was the other way around and it was at Clay County and they all of a sudden threw a wench in your plans?
I agree, better communication is always appreciated, not everyone can just up and make changes to there work schedules and life events like the guy was saying, but it’s been done and good luck to both teams and a injury free game.
I guess what's done is done. I was just venting frustration.
JC wins BIG
I wish someone would livestream the game or something...
Old guy Wrote:I wish someone would livestream the game or something...

WSIP 98.9 will be live streaming the game.
Was hoping for video live stream ..but I will be listening for sure.
JC all the way to the semi's and final.
Should be a great night for football in Johnson County. There’s two grade school games before the varsity game tomorrow night. Flat Gap and Highlands will play at 5:15 for third place in the JCEAA and Porter and WR Castle will play at 6:15 for the championship. There’s going to be a lot of future talent playing at Eagle Field tomorrow night. It’s also worth noting that both Clay County and Johnson Central are the top two rushing teams in Class 4A.
Ralph Furley Wrote:How dare a school try to maximize their profits by switching the night they play on before consulting the parents first. Some of you all must be very spoiled at Central now.

Profits would truly be maximized if those Tigers from across the creek wouldn't have backed out of the Apple Bowl.
FBfan4life Wrote:JC all the way to the semi's and final.

Looks like you've finally come around cornhusker!!