3. Mayfield 5-1 0.741
  4. Owensboro C 5-1 0.716
  5. Breathitt 6-0 0.7
  6. Caldwell 5-1 0.694
  7. Murray 4-1 0.693
  8. Washington 4-2 0.675
  9. Newport 5-1 0.672
  10. Lloyd 3-2 0.642
Breathitt at #5, I will take it. Where is Beechwood?
Cat Daddy Wrote:Breathitt at #5, I will take it. Where is Beechwood?

Beechwood still has a game with Taft, OH tonight
LCA is making statement
Eagle2009 Wrote:LCA is making statement

LCA been looking good. Are they in the same district as Somerset?
Redneck Wrote:LCA been looking good. Are they in the same district as Somerset?

Same District as Somerset. That game will be a dandy. :truestory:
JMO but these RPI ratings are crap. Bluegrassrival ratings are more realistic.
JustThinking Wrote:JMO but these RPI ratings are crap. Bluegrassrival ratings are more realistic.

This is the rankings based off the new points system going into affect. Not necessarily a ranking of the teams throughout the state. But we are biased too, Westside does a great job with his rankings.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
So, if it was time for the semi’s right now, mayfield would travel to somerset?
rookie57 Wrote:So, if it was time for the semi’s right now, mayfield would travel to somerset?

How’d you get that? I don’t necessarily understand this new setup.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
rookie57 Wrote:So, if it was time for the semi’s right now, mayfield would travel to somerset?
Either LCA or Somerset will be out.

No. Either LCA or Somerset will be out after round 2. So as the way the RPI currently sits, the winner of LCA and Somerset would be the 1 seed, Mayfield would be the 2, both would host in the semis.
RoShamBo Wrote:No. Either LCA or Somerset will be out after round 2. So as the way the RPI currently sits, the winner of LCA and Somerset would be the 1 seed, Mayfield would be the 2, both would host in the semis.

So somerset and LCA are in the same region?
rookie57 Wrote:So somerset and LCA are in the same region?

Same district. It will be intra-district play the first two rounds.
RoShamBo Wrote:Same district. It will be intra-district play the first two rounds.

I didn’t know that, thanks, that’s a shame that one of them will be out before the semis
Yeah, that's insane that either the #1 or #2 team will be out after the 1st 2 weeks of the playoffs. I'd rather see the KHSAA start seeding when it gets to 8 teams and then play the cross districts in the 1st 2 rounds.
64SUR Wrote:Beechwood still has a game with Taft, OH tonight

Dont think that game is going to help them.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Yeah, that's insane that either the #1 or #2 team will be out after the 1st 2 weeks of the playoffs. I'd rather see the KHSAA start seeding when it gets to 8 teams and then play the cross districts in the 1st 2 rounds.

I believe that was the original intent and makes sense. However, from what I am told the smaller schools complained that they could not afford to travel across state to play. Example, eastern KY team traveling to western KY to play or vice verse. I get it but the end result forces two top teams to play it out early and gives some schools easy route through playoffs. IMO KHSAA should have figured in covering travel cost to some percentage in order for the new system to run as planned.
When playoffs starts, just win baby just win. That’s all that matters.. Somerset and LCA will play twice this year..
Bump from second pages
This has changed. Beechwood's loss to Taft on Saturday moved Somerset below Mayfield.
Beechwood has been Beachnut aged thus far but they seem to be showing improvement. I think they will be dangerous in the playoffs.
RoShamBo Wrote:This has changed. Beechwood's loss to Taft on Saturday moved Somerset below Mayfield.

The RPI makes it dangerous to play out of state even if you win the return is minimal
RoShamBo Wrote:No. Either LCA or Somerset will be out after round 2. So as the way the RPI currently sits, the winner of LCA and Somerset would be the 1 seed, Mayfield would be the 2, both would host in the semis.

Right here is a perfect example as to why they should go with the top 12 teams in the East and the top 12 teams in the West ranking scenario. Like FCS used to do it. 1 plays 8, 2 plays 7, and so on. It's a shame that one of the top two teams in the class will be out that early. It's so jacked up right now it wouldn't surprise me a bit if the Phelps Hornets were the 2019 1A champions and who knows who'll end up 2A champs and the winners in the other classes! 😡
With new playoff alignment where you play district first 2 rounds, its guaranteed either LCA or Somerset out by round 2. Also guarantees either Breathitt or Beechwood makes it to round 4 barring an upset from a team in districts 5-8.
pirateforlife Wrote:With new playoff alignment where you play district first 2 rounds, its guaranteed either LCA or Somerset out by round 2. Also guarantees either Breathitt or Beechwood makes it to round 4 barring an upset from a team in districts 5-8.

Unreal!

And I hope no one takes my posts about some teams in 2A as me trashing those teams or those kids. I think most of you know me well enough by now to know I wouldn't do that, at least I hope you do. For instance, I've been pretty tough on Breathitt County because of their schedule. Dont have a thing in the world against them. I know one of their players on the line and I think the world of him and hope he gets a ring. All I'm saying is I just dont agree with this system. No way should LCA or Somerset be knocked out of the playoffs by the second week because of a tough district when other teams that's not near as good makes it to the semi's because of weak districts and weaker schedules.

And to show you I'm fair about it in my thinking, the same goes for Belfry. The Pirates play in a district that in recent history has been bad. So why should they advance to the later rounds when you got a district like district 4 with CAL and DeSales in it, two of the best in 3A IMO, but one wont make it past round 2 because of a strong district. I just think there has to be a better set up to reward teams, and fans, and get the best teams playing in the semi's and beyond.
I’m a bit purplexed by all these rankings. On the Bluegrass Rankings, McCracken has clawed their way up to the number 8 spot in 6a, primarily due to beating 2a Mayfield. However, Mayfield was bounced from 1 to 3 due to the loss to McCracken. Isn’t the 6a team expected to be better than a 2a. And now, on top of that, the rpi is sticking it to Mayfield. This even though we know Mayfield has probably played the toughest schedule in 2a.
You not only thought the 6A school wasn't better, but you predicted a running clock.
What a crying shame that big 6A school picking on widdle ol' 2A school (sarcasm off).:igiveup:

09-09-2019, 02:02 AM
mysonis55's

"Cards get a running clock here"
mysonis55 Wrote:I’m a bit purplexed by all these rankings. On the Bluegrass Rankings, McCracken has clawed their way up to the number 8 spot in 6a, primarily due to beating 2a Mayfield. However, Mayfield was bounced from 1 to 3 due to the loss to McCracken. Isn’t the 6a team expected to be better than a 2a. And now, on top of that, the rpi is sticking it to Mayfield. This even though we know Mayfield has probably played the toughest schedule in 2a.

You would think. But with the system in place now, who knows what their thinking.
Glory_Days Wrote:You not only thought the 6A school wasn't better, but you predicted a running clock.
What a crying shame that big 6A school picking on widdle ol' 2A school (sarcasm off).:igiveup:

09-09-2019, 02:02 AM
mysonis55's

"Cards get a running clock here"

Well, I didn’t realize I wielded so much power Glory. You mean since I predicted we would win by a running clock that it justifies the fact that we dropped while they gained in 6a. Makes sense. I am pretty sharp on these predictions. Makes sense to me now. Thanks.