Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny's New College Football Article: Heisman Contenders
ttt
Cant believe Andre Woodsons name wasnt even mentioned.
That is rediculous. Erik Ainge is in the long shots section and Woodson isn't even in any of the categories.
Now Freak you should've put Andre' Woodson in there somewhere.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:That is rediculous. Erik Ainge is in the long shots section and Woodson isn't even in any of the categories.

Name me the last Heisman winner who's team didn't win atleast 10 games.... I rest my case....
FreakNasty Wrote:Name me the last Heisman winner who's team didn't win atleast 10 games.... I rest my case....

Hey man I am just saying that he will be overlooked. You can not sit there and tell me that Woodson don't deserve to be in the discussion. HE IS THE SEC'S BEST QB. If you think that his name should not be thrown in the the mix please justify why not.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Hey man I am just saying that he will be overlooked. You can not sit there and tell me that Woodson don't deserve to be in the discussion. HE IS THE SEC'S BEST QB. If you think that his name should not be thrown in the the mix please justify why not.

He may very well be the best quarterback in the SEC, but the team success is just as important as putting up the stats needed to win the award.....

2006-Troy Smith (12 wins)
2005-Reggie Bush (12 wins)
2004-Matt Leinart (12 wins)
2003-Jason White (12 wins)
2002-Carson Palmer (11 wins)
2001-Eric Crouch (11 wins)
2000-Chris Weinke (11 wins)
1999-Ron Dayne (10 wins)
1998-Rick Williams (9 wins)
1997-Charles Woodson (12 wins)
1996-Danny Wuerffel (12 wins)
1995-Eddie George (11 wins)
1994-Rashaan Salaam (11 wins)
1993-Charlie Ward (12 wins)
1992-Gino Torretta (11 wins)
1991-Desmond Howard (10 wins)
1990-Ty Detmer (10 wins)

Once since 1990 has a Heisman winners team not won atleast 10 games (Ricky Williams broke the all-time college rushing record in 1998....)

Woodson can throw 50 touchdowns and it wont matter if Kentucky doesn't win 9 or 10 games...
[quote=FreakNasty]He may very well be the best quarterback in the SEC, but the team success is just as important as putting up the stats needed to win the award.....

1999-Ron Dayne (10 wins)
1990-Ty Detmer (10 wins)

Once since 1990 has a Heisman winners team not won atleast 10 games (Ricky Williams broke the all-time college rushing record in 1998....)

Woodson can throw 50 touchdowns and it wont matter if Kentucky doesn't win 9 or 10 games...[/QUOTE]

I know all about your point that if UK does not goes 9-3 or 10-2 then it won't matter but do YOU think that he should be in the mix? He may not get it because of the team but do you think that he still should not even be mentioned in a preseason poll?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:[quote=FreakNasty]He may very well be the best quarterback in the SEC, but the team success is just as important as putting up the stats needed to win the award.....

1999-Ron Dayne (10 wins)
1990-Ty Detmer (10 wins)

Woodson can throw 50 touchdowns and it wont matter if Kentucky doesn't win 9 or 10 games...[/QUOTE]

I know all about your point that if UK does not goes 9-3 or 10-2 then it won't matter but do YOU think that he should be in the mix? He may not get it because of the team but do you think that he still should not even be mentioned in a preseason poll?

He shouldn't be because they have very little chance of winning that many games (I have them projected as five)...

I could have posted this article in every part of the country on any message board and someone would find someone from their area that should be on the list.... I made it 15, and left Woodson out... there are others that could be discussed that were left out as well.... I am sure someone in another part of the country will look at the article and curse me for leaving off their guy....

Going to have to agree to disagree....
Freak it is just silly to not have andre woodson in this discussion...name me all the heisman finalists over the last 10 years that have been on a team with 10 of them. im willing to bet that PLENTY have beene finalists with less. Tim couch for one, and Andre Woodson is just as good, if not better then Couch, how he is not on your list completely BAFFLES me....Your hatred and biased against Uk is VERY apparent
corndog23 Wrote:Freak it is just silly to not have andre woodson in this discussion...name me all the heisman finalists over the last 10 years that have been on a team with 10 of them. im willing to bet that PLENTY have beene finalists with less. Tim couch for one, and Andre Woodson is just as good, if not better then Couch, how he is not on your list completely BAFFLES me....Your hatred and biased against Uk is VERY apparent

Actually... I think your bias and love of a university get in the way of your opinion....

I have said several times that Woodson is the best quarterback in the SEC (check my preview)... you saying I have "hatred" towards the University of Kentucky isn't worth commenting about....
Heisman Runners up....

2006: Darren McFadden (10 wins)
2005: Vince Young (13 wins)
2004: Adrian Peterson (11 wins)
2003: Larry Fitzgerald (8 wins)
2002: Brad Banks (11 wins)
2001: Rex Grossman (10 wins)
2000: Josh Huepel (13 wins)
1999: Joe Hamilton (8 wins)
1998: Michael Bishop (11 wins)
1997: Peyton Manning (11 wins)

80 percent had 10 or more wins....

A good percentage of those backups for Heisman (70 percent) had their team in a BCS bowl game....

In that same period, 90 percent of the winners had their team in a BCS bowl game... the only expection (1998) was Ricky Williams... he broke the all-time rushing record that season....

I cannot find the third and fourth place finishers (the new "trend" has been to invite only three to New York), but if you are willing to do the research I'd be glad to see some facts to back up your opinion....
FreakNasty Wrote:Actually... I think your bias and love of a university get in the way of your opinion....

I have said several times that Woodson is the best quarterback in the SEC (check my preview)... you saying I have "hatred" towards the University of Kentucky isn't worth commenting about....

Youre right, it isnt worth commenting about because you do nothing but dog and trash them every chance you get. lets see your last season SEC East preview huh?
FreakNasty Wrote:[quote=Scotty doesn't know]

He shouldn't be because they have very little chance of winning that many games (I have them projected as five)...

I could have posted this article in every part of the country on any message board and someone would find someone from their area that should be on the list.... I made it 15, and left Woodson out... there are others that could be discussed that were left out as well.... I am sure someone in another part of the country will look at the article and curse me for leaving off their guy....

Going to have to agree to disagree....

I STILL CAN NOT GET YOU TO REALIZE THIS.... I want you to envision as if each Heismen candidate in the country was on teams with the same record. Okay, now would you put Woodson in the mix based on TALENT?! not a record.
corndog23 Wrote:Youre right, it isnt worth commenting about because you do nothing but dog and trash them every chance you get. lets see your last season SEC East preview huh?

If you want to talk about someone getting "jipped" it's probably Ian Johnson, ran for over 1700 yards last year on a team that won the Fiesta Bowl....

And I was right, I figured you'd base your opinion on nothing more than your loyatly.... didn't figure you'd do any research to back up your claims...

I'd also like to add that I have Andre Woodson 1st team All-SEC East, and he would be 1st team All-SEC period if I did my preview that way...

I want to see those "bad" things I have said about Kentucky recently.... seriously.... I want to see them.... Me and every other previewer last year didn't have Kentucky in a bowl game, they overperformed their expectations.... and they deserved their acclaim for beating a very good Clemson team...

BTW I had Florida winning the SEC East last year.... how did that go?

1. Florida
2. Georgia
3. Tennessee
4. South Carolina
5. Kentucky
6. Vanderbilt

That's how I had them finishing.... this is how they finished

1. Florida (7-1)
2. Tennessee (5-3)
3. Kentucky (4-4)
3. Georgia (4-4)
5. South Carolina (3-5)
6. Vanderbilt (1-7)

I dont think they'll go to a bowl game this year based on a difficult conference schedule and a questionable offensive line....

I guess my bias and hatred toward Kentucky is why I have been covering college football for the last year and a half... Rolleyes Smile
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:[quote=FreakNasty]

I STILL CAN NOT GET YOU TO REALIZE THIS.... I want you to envision as if each Heismen candidate in the country was on teams with the same record. Okay, now would you put Woodson in the mix based on TALENT?! not a record.

I never said he didn't have the talent to win the Heisman... he just doesn't have the team to take down enough opponents on what is a difficult schedule in my opinion....
Congratulations there freak for being able to predict the national champions to win the SEC east. I sure do wish i was smart enough and cool enough to cover college football for a year and a half. the only thing i can do is watch, since im not smart enough to write an article on the internet about it.
FreakNasty Wrote:[quote=Scotty doesn't know]

I never said he didn't have the talent to win the Heisman. he just doesn't have the team to take down enough opponents on what is a difficult schedule in my opinion....

Thats just it man, I could no tget you to say it. That was what my questions where leading toward.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:[quote=FreakNasty]

Thats just it man, I could no tget you to say it. That was what my questions where leading toward.

Glad we can land on common ground... :Thumbs:
corndog23 Wrote:Congratulations there freak for being able to predict the national champions to win the SEC east. I sure do wish i was smart enough and cool enough to cover college football for a year and a half. the only thing i can do is watch, since im not smart enough to write an article on the internet about it.

I didn't question your intelligence.... part of the reason I post my work (which I do put alot of time into) is for debate....
FreakNasty Wrote:I didn't question your intelligence.... part of the reason I post my work (which I do put alot of time into) is for debate....

Well this is a FANTASTIC way to accomplish that lol Smile
Even if UK does win 10 games Woodson wouldnt get it. The reason: For some reason the heisman voters are biased against the SEC. The SEC has been the best college football conference in the country for many years and has produced all of 2 heisman winners since 1985 if Im not mistaken. Bo Jackson and Danny Wuerffel[sic] are the only players from SEC schools in the past 22 years to win the trophy. Including 1997 when Peyton Manning was robbed and the trophy was given to Charles Woodson of Michigan????? Woodson wasnt even the best player on his TEAM that year much less the best on the country.