Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Shortstop Lopez
somebody report something as soon as they can that was crazy i know wise did not mean it very bad.
On the postgame show Welsch said they think he could have broken jaw and possible lost couple teeth.
I saw the reply on the news and MAN that looks gruesome. Blood was flowing from his nose and month like a fountain. I am sure everyone has heard about the Minor League manager that was killed last week by a foul ball. Both of these situations are very shocking.
I'm sorry, but I didn't hear what happened here. Can someone give a little description please. lol. Thanks.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I'm sorry, but I didn't hear what happened here. Can someone give a little description please. lol. Thanks.
Lopez was hit in the face with a 90 plus fastball i hope he is ok.
According to ESPN he has a broken bone in his cheek. He is very lucky. This has been a bad week for baseball/softball injuries. A death to a minor league baseball coach, a death to a 12 year old girl in softball, and now this beaning.
rallo316 Wrote:Lopez was hit in the face with a 90 plus fastball i hope he is ok.
Thanks, rallo. I hope he is okay. Sounds like it was pretty bad.
Here's the extensive medical report:

--Pedro Lopez goes on the DL with a fractured cheek bone. Juan Castro takes his place, despite the still sore elbow. Lopez will be released from the hospital today.

--David Ross is day-to-day with the finger injury.

--Josh Hamilton was cleared begin to strengthened his right wrist. He thinks he'll be allowed to hit by Wednesday or so.

--Eddie Guardado is headed to Louisville Saturday for a rehab assignment.

--Homer Bailey threw some today, just played catch really. He thinks he's two weeks away. Did the groin injury affect his velocity? "Oh yeah, when you start feeling it in the shoulder, it's time to shut it down."

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/red...pdates.asp
rallo316 Wrote:Lopez was hit in the face with a 90 plus fastball i hope he is ok.

For the record, Lopez was hit flush in the face by an 83mph pitch from Brewers reliever Matt Wise.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/red...wers-3.asp
I was watching the game live on TV when it happened, it looked absolutely hideous. I guess everyone has seen the video of the incident, but if you didn't see much of the aftermath, he at first just laid on the ground flopping his legs around. Then, when they lifted him up, blood was pouring from his mouth. I was just glad to see that he was responsive and moving his eyes around appropriately.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I was watching the game live on TV when it happened, it looked absolutely hideous. I guess everyone has seen the video of the incident, but if you didn't see much of the aftermath, he at first just laid on the ground flopping his legs around. Then, when they lifted him up, blood was pouring from his mouth. I was just glad to see that he was responsive and moving his eyes around appropriately.

Thank God that he was. Do you know exactly where the minor league coach was hit? I thought I heard that it was the head be I was just wanting to make sure.
yeah it was in the head.
Did he go into a coma that night until finally passing away or was it blood loss? Sorry if I am asking alot of questions I haven't been able to read the complete story yet..