Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Playoff Parings
Is KHSAA still doing the cross bracketing for playoffs in 2019.
what districts will match up in the opening rounds?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Inter district play in the opening round. Cross bracketing could happen when they seed.
I think it’s district matchups the first TWO rounds. Then seeding for 3 and 4
To add to that, I know you don’t get big crowds when you cross bracket and a powerhouse plays another team from a different district that’s average or worse. But if this was an attempt to save money I believe they will lose even more now. In years past I think you’d get a bigger crowd if for example Corbin played Fat Pats patriots than say a Jackson county AGAIN. That was part of the fun and allure. Playing a team from a different district you’ve never faced before. More people would have shown up for that than to watch a beat down for a 2nd time. I agree with the seeding, but they should have either done it for all rounds. Or kept cross bracketing.
They really messed this one up. They also have semi finals being played in Lexington. So a team like Mayfield for instance, only 40 minutes from Mo, makes it to semis. Now they have to drive 4-5 hours to play at Lexington. Then if they win that, they have to drive 4-5 hours the very next week for the state championship. Who is paying for all of this?
mysonis55 Wrote:They really messed this one up. They also have semi finals being played in Lexington. So a team like Mayfield for instance, only 40 minutes from Mo, makes it to semis. Now they have to drive 4-5 hours to play at Lexington. Then if they win that, they have to drive 4-5 hours the very next week for the state championship. Who is paying for all of this?
Where did you see that the semi finals will also be in Lexington? Unless something has recently changed this isn’t correct.
From the Courier Journal.
In the fourth round (state semifinals) there will be no geographic limitations, with the top-rated team hosting the No. 4 team and the No. 2 school hosting the No. 3 school. In the state championship games, the higher-rated team will be the home team on the scoreboard and wear dark jerseys.
For the rest of the people who haven’t yet quite figured out this handy little site called google, this is straight from the Courier Journal on the new RPI system. All I had to do is type KHSAA Football RPI and I found all the info that I needed.

Once the first two rounds are complete and each class has eight teams remaining, the KHSAA will go to its new RPI (Ratings Percentage Index) system to seed teams for third- and fourth-round matchups.

The KHSAA will release its first RPI ratings by Week 6 and continue them weekly through the final week of the regular season. The ratings will not be updated once the playoffs begin.

The RPI will be a calculation of winning percentage (35%), opponents’ winning percentage (35%) and opponents’ opponents winning percentage (30%). Margin of victory will not be a part of the formula. Out-of-state opponents will be given a .500 winning percentage.

To limit travel, the third round will be divided into Districts 1-4 (western half of the state) and District 5-8 (eastern half of the state). The top-rated champion from District 1-4 — according to the RPI — will host the No. 4-rated champion and the No. 2 champion will host the No. 3 champion. The same format will be used for District 5-8
mysonis55 Wrote:They really messed this one up. They also have semi finals being played in Lexington. So a team like Mayfield for instance, only 40 minutes from Mo, makes it to semis. Now they have to drive 4-5 hours to play at Lexington. Then if they win that, they have to drive 4-5 hours the very next week for the state championship. Who is paying for all of this?

You have misinformation. The semis are played at the two highest rated teams per the RPI....statewide....no geographical restriction in the semis... The top rated team hosts the 4th rated team and 2 hosts 3. Those two winners meet in Lexington for the state championship with the top RPI team being the home team.
Yea NO Semi’s at Kroger.

Wow, Mysonis55 are you thinking that mayfield want be a #1 seed and they will haveto travel to LCA in Lexington for semi or are you drinking again. Confusednicker:
Lexington is the clear favorite.