Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone noticed how silly this David Beckham stuff is?
I turn to ESPN to see if he actually is going to play or not, and they have a freaking "Beckham Cam" that is watching his every move on the bench, and like every time the ball goes out of play..they flash to it to see if hes getting ready, it's quite ridiculous if you ask me.
One of the most overhyped stories I've ever seen. Seemed like this past week no matter what show was on ESPN he was a topic of discussion.
Nah, not overhyped at all.

The other day, a friend of mine compared Beckham's move to the States to A-Rod going to the Yankees, but that's not it.

It's more like A-Rod signing with the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I turn to ESPN to see if he actually is going to play or not, and they have a freaking "Beckham Cam" that is watching his every move on the bench, and like every time the ball goes out of play..they flash to it to see if hes getting ready, it's quite ridiculous if you ask me.

Yes I think it is quite annoying. I just don't like soccer never have nerver will.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Nah, not overhyped at all.

The other day, a friend of mine compared Beckham's move to the States to A-Rod going to the Yankees, but that's not it.

It's more like A-Rod signing with the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters.

If you're talking about the whole world (or at least England), sure. If you're talking about this country, yes, Beckham's arrival has been extremely overhyped. Most of your regular, everyday sports fans couldn't care less (including me).
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i agree with Charles Barkley no matter who is here soccer will never be a big time sport here in the U.S.
rallo316 Wrote:i agree with Charles Barkley no matter who is here soccer will never be a big time sport here in the U.S.

I agree with Chuck. I just can't see soccer creeping up into the big 4 Football, Baseball, Basketball, and........NASCAR!!! Seriously, I read that it is more of the fourth major sport than hockey! Poor NHL.
For the true American Sports fan yes it is over rated. But for the hardcore soccer fan like my self it is great to see something great like this happen to MLS soccer. This is to help place the USA on the map for Mens soccer. As it is slowly growing in American the announcement of such a soccer celeb entering the MLS is the biggest thing since Adu decided to move to the United States. So if you all think its over played then when you see something about it change the channel. For us soccer fans its great that finally we do not have to have direct TV to see some good soccer every now and then. I love the fad four of US sports but after a while seeing it every day gets old unlike soccer for me.
for what he is being paid he should have 10 goals a game what a joke.
Collin Cowherd made a good point yesterday, he was saying soccer will never become a big time sport in the US no matter who comes to the league, and in this day and age sports fans are all about the big time scorers and homerun hitters, and hell this guy doesnt even play a position where he scores, he instead sets up goals for other guys.
see the thing is most of you all know nothing about soccer. Soccer fans are not all about the high scoring games or who has the most goals at the end of a season. Soccer fans are all about the passion and love for their team and the game. We dont focus on if Kaka or Ronaldinho scores 50 goals in a season we focus on if our team is winning and if so thats enough for us. If soccer had high scoring games and players chasing after records game in and game out then america would be all over it. The fact is soccer just is not what america likes and that is fast pace, scoring at will and chasing records. Soccer does not need to be a new american tradition b/c it is already the worlds game. Beckham is a great asset to the MLS and i am happy that he is here. Just goes to show how far we have came along. Up until last season no MLS team had came out of the season in the black.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:For the true American Sports fan yes it is over rated. But for the hardcore soccer fan like my self it is great to see something great like this happen to MLS soccer. This is to help place the USA on the map for Mens soccer. As it is slowly growing in American the announcement of such a soccer celeb entering the MLS is the biggest thing since Adu decided to move to the United States. So if you all think its over played then when you see something about it change the channel. For us soccer fans its great that finally we do not have to have direct TV to see some good soccer every now and then. I love the fad four of US sports but after a while seeing it every day gets old unlike soccer for me.

Thanks, I already do! Big Grin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Thanks, I already do! Big Grin

fair enough lol :moon:
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:fair enough lol :moon:

Hey now, be nice...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Hey now, be nice...

lol its all good