Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 07
I know this is a common thread but now that we have lost some players and some have moved. What's everyone's thought's on the outcome of this season?
A tougher schedule but still plenty of talent. Attitude will be the deciding factor on how far this team goes.
Seth Moved- who else?.....Some have not been out but that means better competition for others. I have not seen the team but on paper we look stronger than last year and the year before.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Devils will be just fine...May take a little time to gell but you can rest assured they will be hitting on all cylinders by late October...
^
Love the Avatar
i believe that this years team is going to be more of a team than some of the years in the past. and we are a very strong team. yes its a tougher schedule but its about time we get a tougher schedule, i think it will better prepare us for the play-offs.:thumpsup:
A-men Brother !!!!!!!
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
does anyone know anything about Simon Kenton???
RedDevil_TE Wrote:i believe that this years team is going to be more of a team than some of the years in the past. and we are a very strong team. yes its a tougher schedule but its about time we get a tougher schedule, i think it will better prepare us for the play-offs.:thumpsup:

I think the that you guys will be just fine. You have a great coaching staff and alot of kids out. You may have lost some players but I don't think you'll be hurt too bad. The Coach knows how to win and how to bring the best out in his players. Good Luck to the Devils this season.
Simon Kenton-6A playing at Russell 3A,,, is the home field winning streak coming to an end???? I dont know how many wins at home it is now.....
31 game home win streak. (last home loss Ashland Sept 5 2003 score was 33-14)

The 2007 Red Devil team will field 18 Seniors according to last years roster at the awards banquet .

These 18 guys will take the field with 30 full games under their varsity belts.

10 of which were play off games against some of the best teams in the state.

Belfry x 2 , Newport, O- Cath, Mercer Co x 2 , Fleming Co x 3, Corbin, Henry Co, Ashland Blazer x 2. Of these games they lost 1 to Mercer Co 15-12.
Needless to say, but "I feel good about 2007!":devilflam
^
They also lost one game to Ashland and Boyd County each during that stretch. Also, I wouldn't consider Henry Co. as one of the toughest teams in the state. IN 05 they finished 6-5 and then 3-7 in 06 missing the playoffs.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
SIMON KENTON
- Finished last season 6-4
- Return 6 starters on both sides of the ball
- Lost their QB and RB, but return their top two receivers.
- Picked to finish third or fourth in their distirct behind Boone County, Ryle, and Campbell County.
- Should be decent on the line, biggest strength on defense will be their LB's.
DevilsWin Wrote:31 game home win streak. (last home loss Ashland Sept 5 2003 score was 33-14)

The 2007 Red Devil team will field 18 Seniors according to last years roster at the awards banquet .

These 18 guys will take the field with 30 full games under their varsity belts.

10 of which were play off games against some of the best teams in the state.

Belfry x 2 , Newport, O- Cath, Mercer Co x 2 , Fleming Co x 3, Corbin, Henry Co, Ashland Blazer x 2. Of these games they lost 1 to Mercer Co 15-12.
Needless to say, but "I feel good about 2007!":devilflam
Keep in mind that Belfry enjoyed a two and a half year stretch like that in which they had won over 25 consecutive games against Kentucky competition, and had not lost to a AA team between Breathitt County in the playoffs of 2002 til Russell in the state semi's of 2005..... but low and behold the Devils got them. Streaks are meant to be broken, and I am sure there are a couple teams capable of ending those streaks, one of which wears Red and White. Wink
Tomcat68 Wrote:^
They also lost one game to Ashland and Boyd County each during that stretch. Also, I wouldn't consider Henry Co. as one of the toughest teams in the state. IN 05 they finished 6-5 and then 3-7 in 06 missing the playoffs.

Not at home...That's what he was talking about...They have lost but not at home since Ashland '03...
I'll agree with that...They were not very good...

Very true TC68. Ashland in 2006 was a tough game and a tough pill to swallow. Ashland found out what kind of RB Matt Thomas was going to be in 2007 that night and we were all impressed.

The Boyd Co game in 2005 was this simple. 80% of their coaching staff were former Russell standout players who played under Ivan. They were in the Russell huddle all night. Good job by the BC coaching staff that night.

As for Henry Co. Their O-Line average size was the same as most D1 colleges, well over 300lbs per man. They didn't have the horses to make the plays they needed but they had a winning season against good teams and made the play-offs.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Keep in mind that Belfry enjoyed a two and a half year stretch like that in which they had won over 25 consecutive games against Kentucky competition, and had not lost to a AA team between Breathitt County in the playoffs of 2002 til Russell in the state semi's of 2005..... but low and behold the Devils got them. Streaks are meant to be broken, and I am sure there are a couple teams capable of ending those streaks, one of which wears Red and White. Wink
Well first off there isn't gonna be any teams that wear Red and White playing at RHS in 2007.

Secondly, yeah Belfry's stretch of AA wins was impressive, and ended. But Boyle Co and Danville both had streaks that lasted longer and were more impressive.

Russell has won 31 consecutive games AT HOME and I don't see the streak ending at the hands of Ashland, but anything is possible. Just like TC68's AVATAR says. "We Believe"! The streak lives on! :devilflam
devil58 Wrote:I'll agree with that...They were not very good...

Speaking purely on terms of relative comparison.

To the Red Devils, nobody is "Very Good".:letsparty
They also lost one game to Ashland and Boyd County each during that stretch.
That's still a 17-3 record against tough competition. This group of Seniors knows what it's like to lose. And they don't like it.
i think that russel will still be a tough team to beat pleanty of players and smart coaches that know the game even with the loss of casey clark and other good player you should still be a team that will be almost unstoppable
DevilsWin Wrote:Well first off there isn't gonna be any teams that wear Red and White playing at RHS in 2007.

Secondly, yeah Belfry's stretch of AA wins was impressive, and ended. But Boyle Co and Danville both had streaks that lasted longer and were more impressive.

Russell has won 31 consecutive games AT HOME and I don't see the streak ending at the hands of Ashland, but anything is possible. Just like TC68's AVATAR says. "We Believe"! The streak lives on! :devilflam

now we do play a team who wears red and white. the boyd county lions, but if thats the teams hes talking about thats funny. and we wouldnt even play belfry until semi's and it would be at our field. i think the streak will go on.
RedDevil_TE Wrote:now we do play a team who wears red and white. the boyd county lions, but if thats the teams hes talking about thats funny. and we wouldnt even play belfry until semi's and it would be at our field. i think the streak will go on.
Actually with realignment Russell and Belfry would meet in the region finals if they both make it that far. Also the game would be played at Belfry.

I wouldn't take Boyd Co lightly either. They return alot from last year and should be much improved. Also don't forget they were the only team to beat Russell in 05 as well as being the only KY team to beat Belfry in 04.
DevilsWin Wrote:The Boyd Co game in 2005 was this simple. 80% of their coaching staff were former Russell standout players who played under Ivan. They were in the Russell huddle all night. Good job by the BC coaching staff that night.

well said, that all that needs to be said about that game. and other then the fact that they were a bunch of mules that we took lightly, and it bit us for that.
as of now for the starting line-up (this could change) but as of now

offense
TE-greg bender
LT-Travis Comptson
Guard-Evan Boyd
Center- Toby Hicks
Guard Adam Foster
RT-Drew Miller
Split end- justin mitchell
QB-Tyler Jones
HB Drew Abrams
HB David Bailey
Fullback Will rice

Defense
DE-Tyler jones
DT-mikey dillon
Nose- Johnathon Cornwell
DT Mickey Brown
DE- Adam foster
Lineback evan boyd
Linebacker Joey Roark
Corner David bailey
Corner AJ Cordle
Strong Saftey Drew Abrams
Free Saftey Derek fosson
RedDevilRB Wrote:as of now for the starting line-up (this could change) but as of now

offense
TE-greg bender
LT-Travis Comptson
Guard-Evan Boyd
Center- Toby Hicks
Guard Adam Foster
RT-Drew Miller
Split end- justin mitchell
QB-Tyler Jones
HB Drew Abrams
HB David Bailey
Fullback Will rice

Defense
DE-Tyler jones
DT-mikey dillon
Nose- Johnathon Cornwell
DT Mickey Brown
DE- Adam foster
Lineback evan boyd
Linebacker Joey Roark
Corner David bailey
Corner AJ Cordle
Strong Saftey Drew Abrams
Free Saftey Derek fosson

OKAY????????????
If I know coach McGlone lineups won't be set until there are a couple of games under the belt.
FBALL Wrote:Actually with realignment Russell and Belfry would meet in the region finals if they both make it that far. Also the game would be played at Belfry.

I was wrong on this I believe. With realignment and the new playoff format I believe Russell and Belfry would not see each other until the state semis. It would still be at Belfry though, IF they both make it that far.
FBALL Wrote:I was wrong on this I believe. With realignment and the new playoff format I believe Russell and Belfry would not see each other until the state semis. It would still be at Belfry though, IF they both make it that far.

And why would it be at belfry?? we went there last yr...it rotates every yr right
RedDevilRB Wrote:And why would it be at belfry?? we went there last yr...it rotates every yr right
Reclassification. Last year means nothing.