Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will we know anything about Monroe, Zeller, Warren, Green, and Darius Miller?
Yeh I'm getting anxious waiting for them to commit so has anyone heard some dates for their commitments or maybe how we stand with each recruit?
fballfan07 Wrote:Yeh I'm getting anxious waiting for them to commit so has anyone heard some dates for their commitments or maybe how we stand with each recruit?

Last time I checked, we were an outside shot for Monroe, still up top on Zeller's list and I have not really checked on Warren lately.
As soon as I post this I will be checking though!
:Thumbs:
We're 6th on Warren's list according to a newspaper article he was quoted in recently. I can't find it now but the kid seems to be a headcase anyways.

We're climbing on Monroe and still in great shape with Zeller and Miller.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:We're 6th on Warren's list according to a newspaper article he was quoted in recently. I can't find it now but the kid seems to be a headcase anyways.

We're climbing on Monroe and still in great shape with Zeller and Miller.

Isn't Warren a guard? Anyways, I say forget about him, concentrate on Monroe and Zeller. I can't believe that we are in the running for Monroe!! That is great, especially after seeing where we were with him like two weeks ago. If we can get Monroe or Zeller, we are set!
We definitely need either Monrow or Zeller. I love all the guys Billy Clyde has picked up so far, but we need to get more size on this team, not more guards.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:We definitely need either Monrow or Zeller. I love all the guys Billy Clyde has picked up so far, but we need to get more size on this team, not more guards.

I agree. We are going to be quick any which way you look at it. Now we just need that big man that can finish once the quick guys get down the court and set up! I also think it is key to get a guy with some agility. He must be able to keep up with those guards that we have so many of. BTW that is one reason that i think Williams will struggle this first year.
Just heard today that everyone is sitting even with Monroe, he has allowed UK and G-TOWN to make strong pushes as of late, and after he makes his visits, that will be his two favorite schools IMO.
Zeller favors UK, Purdue, and UNC (UNC just got a commitment from a 5*big man, that really could hurt their chances.)
Miller will be at UK, I am confident on this one.
I want Monroe or Zeller to come to UK! Or, if you twist my arm, I'll take both. Wink

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I want Monroe or Zeller to come to UK! Or, if you twist my arm, I'll take both. Wink

I thought we only have one spot open for these two fight over? i thought I read that on here. If that is not true then heck yea I will hope we get both.
This won't sound very reliable, but a friend of mine has a cousin who plays on an AAU team and has spoken with Miller. I was told UK is 6th on his list, with Florida being #1. I would love to see Miller at UK, but we don't "need" him. Monroe and Zeller are our two best targets at our most needed position(s). We have one scholarship left for next season. Either one will sit fine with me.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I thought we only have one spot open for these two fight over? i thought I read that on here. If that is not true then heck yea I will hope we get both.

I think, if my math is correct, that we still have 2 scholarships for next year, so we could get both. I had posted on this a couple months ago, so here's how I arrive at that number:

First, you're allowed 13 players on scholarship.

UK has 12 players on scholarship for next year=
Seniors (2): Crawford, Bradley
Sophomores (6): Jasper, Meeks, Porter, Stevenson, Carter, Harris
Freshmen (4): Patterson, Legion, Stewart, Williams

Since Crawford and Bradley finish up after this season, we will be down to 10 players and will thus have 3 openings. Liggens takes up one, putting us at 11 total, which means we still should have 2 spots left. (If I have goofed up somewhere on this, let me know)

I would be very pleased with some combination of Monroe, Zeller, or Miller.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I think, if my math is correct, that we still have 2 scholarships for next year, so we could get both. I had posted on this a couple months ago, so here's how I arrive at that number:

Since Crawford and Bradley finish up after this season, we will be down to 10 players and will thus have 3 openings. Liggens takes up one, putting us at 11 total, which means we still should have 2 spots left. (If I have goofed up somewhere on this, let me know)

I agree with everything. I don't think Courey or Dwight Perry would be put on scholy when players like that are looming. I am wishing for Zeller and Monroe, I don't know as much about Millar.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I agree with everything. I don't think Courey or Dwight Perry would be put on scholy when players like that are looming. I am wishing for Zeller and Monroe, I don't know as much about Millar.

I guess they could put one of them on scholly for this upcoming year, since we will have one open. However, they would then have to pull them back off for the 08-09 season.

I agree it would be awesome to get both Monroe and Zeller, possibly one of the best big man combos in a while to come to UK in the same class. I wouldn't complain about getting Miller, though, he is 5-star and a Kentucky boy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
StrikeoutKing Wrote:This won't sound very reliable, but a friend of mine has a cousin who plays on an AAU team and has spoken with Miller. I was told UK is 6th on his list, with Florida being #1. I would love to see Miller at UK, but we don't "need" him. Monroe and Zeller are our two best targets at our most needed position(s). We have one scholarship left for next season. Either one will sit fine with me.
I don't see this, Miller does not even have six teams high on his list, but he could very well go to Florida, but I think he will be at UK with everything I have heard and read.
And as for the scholarship situation goes ,after Liggins, UK will have 3 left, unless they sign another player for 07.
I was doing an audit in a finance office in near Maysville last week and Miller's aunt worked there. She pretty much said KY is on the outside looking in, ans as mentioned earlier she seemed to think the Gators are his first choice.
mcfan1 Wrote:And as for the scholarship situation goes ,after Liggins, UK will have 3 left, unless they sign another player for 07.

More Cowbell Wrote:I think, if my math is correct, that we still have 2 scholarships for next year, so we could get both. I had posted on this a couple months ago, so here's how I arrive at that number:

Cowbell is correct. After Liggins UK has two open scholarships for 08, not three.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tubby Hater Wrote:I was doing an audit in a finance office in near Maysville last week and Miller's aunt worked there. She pretty much said KY is on the outside looking in, ans as mentioned earlier she seemed to think the Gators are his first choice.

To tell you the truth, I think UK should concentrate on Monroe and Zeller wholeheartedly andlet Millar come to them if his interest climbs. If your statement is true it seems to me that if the KY boy is not fighting tooth and nail to get to UK, then target other players that will benefit the team.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:To tell you the truth, I think UK should concentrate on Monroe and Zeller wholeheartedly andlet Millar come to them if his interest climbs. If your statement is true it seems to me that if the KY boy is not fighting tooth and nail to get to UK, then target other players that will benefit the team.
I agree with you 100%, I actually have my doubts about Miller's ability to play big time college ball. And to reply to your comment about the truthfulness about my statement, I really do believe she was telling the truth.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I agree with you 100%, I actually have my doubts about Miller's ability to play big time college ball. And to reply to your comment about the truthfulness about my statement, I really do believe she was telling the truth.

I hope she was not throwing you a bunch of crap. Anyways who knows if she keeps up with him everyday. You about have to as much as he changes his mind.
If we get commitments from Monroe and Zeller, it won't matter where Miller has UK on his list. I agree, if a Kentucky boy doesn't want to come even when we are recruiting him hard, oh well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just saw where monroe has uk listed low on his list now... Florida and LSU both where high.
yeh i have to agree with everyone with monroe and zeller...

but what about jamyachal green (5 star)
I would be happy with zeller and miller.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I would be happy with zeller and miller.

If you believe some of the earlier posts, we will likely not be getting Miller. I would be very happy to land Zeller, though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just don't see us landing monroe, I'd love to have him but I don't think it's going to happen.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I just don't see us landing monroe, I'd love to have him but I don't think it's going to happen.

With him now supossively coming for a visit maybe a big push for him is in sight (after he sees the Craft Center and Rupp). I will still hope for Zeller and Monroe!!! We will be see for the next to seasons.
Just read an article on Rivals.com that 6"10 Terrence Jennings also has us in his top three. He could also help us out a lot.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Just read an article on Rivals.com that 6"10 Terrence Jennings also has us in his top three. He could also help us out a lot.

It seems like it could be a best case scenario either way you go. A win-win situation if you will. If we don't get Miller and Monroe, maybe Zeller and Jennings. If we don't get Jennings and Miller, maybe Monroe and Zeller. You get the picture, CBC has got himself into a very nice situation.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Just read an article on Rivals.com that 6"10 Terrence Jennings also has us in his top three. He could also help us out a lot.

I hadn't heard about him yet, but we could sure use the size. What is he rated (5-star, 4-star) and what year is he?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]