Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds sweep Braves in 15 innings today...5-4
Brandon Phillips comes through with a 2-run single in the top of the 15th inning and the Reds hold on to win 5-4...

The Reds are now 9-4 under new manager Pete Mackanin.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Brandon Phillips comes through with a 2-run single in the top of the 15th inning and the Reds hold on to win 5-4...

The Reds are now 9-4 under new manager Pete Mackanin.

Brandon Phillips has morphed into the Reds new star player in the last month and a half. He has proved that he will be a long lasting, contributing member that the Reds and possibly build around for the future.
I stopped watching in the bottom of the 10th Braves had a runner on third with no outs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:I stopped watching in the bottom of the 10th Braves had a runner on third with no outs.

Usually I would too... and to tell you the truth I kind of did. I was flipping back and forth with a video game and the Reds game on TBS. Once it got to that situation I changed it and then flipped it back in time to see Phillips' AMAZING catch. I mean that kid had to have springs in his legs to get that one. It saved the game and paved the way for him to be the savior once again in the 15th.
Nice job redlegs keep it up
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Brandon Phillips has morphed into the Reds new star player in the last month and a half. He has proved that he will be a long lasting, contributing member that the Reds and possibly build around for the future.

Phillips is on pace to become the 1st 30homers/30stolen bases guy for the Reds since Barry Larkin...
jammin' jamey Wrote:Phillips is on pace to become the 1st 30homers/30stolen bases guy for the Reds since Barry Larkin...

that is fantasic. I truely think that he is our rock to build on. In recent post I put that Hamiltion and EE will probably be up there eventually but Phillips has already arrived! He is set to be an all-star.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:that is fantasic. I truely think that he is our rock to build on. In recent post I put that Hamiltion and EE will probably be up there eventually but Phillips has already arrived! He is set to be an all-star.

I would've been an All-Star this season if the Reds were enjoying a better season and somewhat in the spotlight in terms of the NL Central.
jammin' jamey Wrote:I would've been an All-Star this season if the Reds were enjoying a better season and somewhat in the spotlight in terms of the NL Central.

LOL true. But I mean that Phillips is growing and getting better every month. He will be that Barry Larkin type player that goes to the all-star game year after year. That exactly what the Reds need.
Am I the only fan that thinks Phillips should be team captain???
time for the run it is possible to sweep the marlins also.
First time in 17 years this has happened! And I agree JJ Phillips needs to be the team captain, hes a great player, I bet the Indians regret giving him up.
-STATS- Wrote:First time in 17 years this has happened! And I agree JJ Phillips needs to be the team captain, hes a great player, I bet the Indians regret giving him up.

Buddy now that JJ has mentioned it I would say that is not that bad of an idea. I would say that griffey would have been that"captain" earlier in his Reds career but now that he is on the brick of dismisal from Cincy I would say that Phillips would be a fantastic captain. He is young, talented, and seems to had the personality to be a team captain. If I am not mistaken he would be the first since Barry Larkin. Correct me if I am wrong.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Buddy now that JJ has mentioned it I would say that is not that bad of an idea. I would say that griffey would have been that"captain" earlier in his Reds career but now that he is on the brick of dismisal from Cincy I would say that Phillips would be a fantastic captain. He is young, talented, and seems to had the personality to be a team captain. If I am not mistaken he would be the first since Barry Larkin. Correct me if I am wrong.

I thought Sean Casey was team captain after Barry Larkin left, but I'm pretty sure Larkin was the last team captain. Griffey is too laid back and not vocal in the clubhouse to be a leader and has never been that type - even during his days in Seattle, it was guys like Jay Buhner and Edgar Martinez calling the shots.
jammin' jamey Wrote:I thought Sean Casey was team captain after Barry Larkin left, but I'm pretty sure Larkin was the last team captain. Griffey is too laid back and not vocal in the clubhouse to be a leader and has never been that type - even during his days in Seattle, it was guys like Jay Buhner and Edgar Martinez calling the shots.

BTW when I put brick on my last post I meant brink. Sorry about that. Now that you mentioned it I think Sean Casey was the accepted captain of the Reds but I don't think he ever got that pretty lil C on his uniform like Barry lol.