Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expectations for UK basketball in 07-08.
More Cowbell Wrote:I will actually disagree with both of you. While UK fans always have high hopes for the basketball team, I think the expectations will be tempered somewhat this year. The last couple of years have been fairly disappointing, and I think most fans realize that the team Billy Clyde inherited is not one that should be expected to win an SEC championship or go to the Final Four. UK will have only 2 scholarship players above sophomore level this year, and those two remaining members of the vaunted recruiting class of 2004 (Crawford and Bradley) have underachieved so far in their UK careers.

I think the fans are so giddy about the high-level recruits that Gillespie has landed, that he will likely have one season, maybe two, as a 'honeymoon ' period. After that, well, we had better be playing on the last weekend of the season! Big Grin

I agree. I would even say that with each year we can expect that next step without question. Upcoming year sweet sixteen, next year elite eight, next year final four and championship contender. I think that that would be totally resonable. However, I think that this team will grow alot as this season goes on and possibly make it to the elite eight which would not be that big of a surprise if you ask me.
The Cats will struggle for awhile, but I see them getting it together by Tourny Time and making it to the regionals.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The Cats will struggle for awhile, but I see them getting it together by Tourny Time and making it to the regionals.

I think that they may struggle through a couple losses there at the beginning but by the heavy hitter games they will be ready!
The SEC as a whole looks to be down this year. Florida, Alabama, Vandy and LSU all sustained important losses. Tennessee looks to be UK's biggest obstacle to winning a conference championship. (did I really just say that?)
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grand Slam Wrote:they will be some excitement in the air when big patrick patterns throws in down on big blue madness

I would enjoy that big time... In all honesty I don't recall seeing us throw any alley opps last year. Maybe a few but not many at all.
More Cowbell Wrote:The SEC as a whole looks to be down this year. Florida, Alabama, Vandy and LSU all sustained important losses. Tennessee looks to be UK's biggest obstacle to winning a conference championship. (did I really just say that?)

Yes you are indeed correct. Tennesse will be our # 1 foe this coming season. I will say that we will split with them (I would be very happy with our home win). Then we beat them in the SEC Championship Cool
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Yes you are indeed correct. Tennesse will be our # 1 foe this coming season. I will say that we will split with them (I would be very happy with our home win). Then we beat them in the SEC Championship Cool

Maybe Gillespie and Peterson could have a bet, where the loser has to go to the other team's home arena and paint his chest in the opposing team's colors!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Maybe Gillespie and Peterson could have a bet, where the loser has to go to the other team's home arena and paint his chest in the opposing team's colors!

You meant Pearl right? lol Wink
i predict we are going all the way baby!!!!!
russelldevils54 Wrote:i predict we are going all the way baby!!!!!

LOL Now there is some spirit. That is the UK fan mentallity every season (without reationality of course). In all honesty by the end of the year they COULD grow into being a good contender....COULD being the key word.