Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleming County 07
Was just curious about ;
1) What Fleming lost from last year's team

2) How many returning starters they have on each side of the ball

3) Who will be their go to players on off and who's gonna shine of def.

4) How you think they will do in thier new district
Sorry there is another thread from awhile back that is exactly the same as this one.....

Oops... How do you delete a thread?
RUNNING DOWNHILL Wrote:Was just curious about ;
1) What Fleming lost from last year's team

2) How many returning starters they have on each side of the ball

3) Who will be their go to players on off and who's gonna shine of def.

4) How you think they will do in thier new district

1) Fleming graduated 8 seniors that all started. On offense they lost their QB, TB, 2 WR's, and 3 linemen. Losing that much on offense is nothing new for Fleming, most of those seniors were first year starters last year. On defense they lost their entire secondary, 1 LB, and 2 linemen.

2) On offense they return 4 full-time starters and several that played a lot last year. On defense they return 5 full-time starters and again, several that played a lot last year.

3) It is a little early to pick to the go to players but I would guess that returning starter, sophomore Ryan Jackson (6' 250 pound fullback) will be in the mix. Their QB will be a sophomore, Tyler Newsom (6'1 225) that is a load and can throw the ball as well as any QB they have had. Their receiving corp is faster than it has been, they are just young. On defense, the strength will be the linebacking corp. They started 3 sophomores last year and another sophomore played a lot.

4) I think they will do alright in the new district. They are familiar with everyone except Cawood. Fleming will be young with several sophomores and juniors starting. If things go well for them early on, and I expect they will, I think they will be OK. I really expect them to at least finish second in their new district. Breathitt and Estill will be tough district games and Mason, Harrison and Bryan Station will be tough non-district games.