Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coal Grove @ Lawrence Co. 08/24/2007
I know its early yet. So lets get this one going. We have a new offense and Coach G has gotten the fire back in his belly and has taken over the D. Coal Grove really took us apart last year. They lost alot to graduation but will still be a big team. I will inform more after I get to watch some live scrimmages and practice in the weeks to come.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I will see what I need to see after some live scrimmages and any info I can get on Coal Grove. They had a nice team last year and took LC apart on the line and poor tackling.
easternkysportsguru Wrote:I will see what I need to see after some live scrimmages and any info I can get on Coal Grove. They had a nice team last year and took LC apart on the line and poor tackling.
I think coal grove will have that big full back that they had last year because he was just a junior last year . That kid was a load he was bigger than any of our linemen not to mention out LB's. I think the key will be to stop him then get our offence in high gear and score some points.
They also have a tailback that is just a sophomore (Delauder....I think), but has great speed and is a strong runner. He will probably see alot of action. They also return a nice size O-line that has good strength, but below average speed. Overall they will be a big strong team in the trenches. They were also very suspect in pass coverage last year. You won't be able to get in an inside fight with them.

The outside veer scheme and short quick passes into the flats and across the middle will hurt them. I think LC has better team speed and should use it to their advantage.
Keepnitreal Wrote:They also have a tailback that is just a sophomore (Delauder....I think), but has great speed and is a strong runner. He will probably see alot of action. They also return a nice size O-line that has good strength, but below average speed. Overall they will be a big strong team in the trenches. They were also very suspect in pass coverage last year. You won't be able to get in an inside fight with them.

The outside veer scheme and short quick passes into the flats and across the middle will hurt them. I think LC has better team speed and should use it to their advantage.

I look for LC to utliize a lot of their skill weapons against Coacl Grove and keep them guessing and on their heels half the time. Coal Grove cant bring the heat if they are worried about everything else.