•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region team to beat in '08
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Gonna make a big prediction right now. The regional champion will be between Johnson Central and one of the other two teams in the 57th. They may not be the #1 team, but they will be good enough to be the #2.

Looks like it could happen.
INSIGHT Wrote:Mr kimball ....I would like to respectfully disagree with you ..on two accounts...I like yourself have seen mike conley and cody parker pitch all through little league and high school.....Conley had a few good games, but he is not a strong pitcher....and Parker has let down every team that has presumed to count on him when it mattered ....you may know more than I on this matter but from what I've seen in the past , would jchs not be better off counting on a nick vance or a jeramy stacy and I do not mean to take anything away from Mike conley, he has become a good player, but we are talking about pitching

Oh well, what the heck do I know?
OMG Wrote:so you are honestly saying that conley and parker are as good as grimm and shepherd? im may have taken that wrong, but it sounds like your saying if they are matched up with one of those two then they will be able to win...i really just dont see that...if your going on the section last season, the pitcher LCC had throwing the third game is not even close to being on the same level as grimm and shepherd
Respectfully, I wasn't far off was I?
Keep 'em coming...those are good. :thatsfunn
I like the 2nd one, the best.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mr.Kimball Wrote:As as happened the last few years their regular season district record has not been the districts best. I think that with the tough schedule they have this season, they will use those games to make themselves tournament hardened. They will get better and better and better as the season goes on. These guys are still young, but there is a lot of talent there. They may end up with a #3 seed, but, never the less I honestly believe that they are cabable of making it to the championship game and have a realistic shot at winning the whole thing. I know it's a bold statement, but one I firmly believe.

Premonition?

This pretty well wraps up the way in which I honestly thought that things would turn out.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Premonition?

This pretty well wraps up the way in which I honestly thought that things would turn out.

All Hail the REAL GURU OF BASEBALL "MR. KIMBALL"
:kneel:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Oh well, what the heck do I know?

ok it all boils down to this....one kid cannot win a baseball game for an entire team and the facts are that mike conley did not have as much of an outstanding performance as grimm did not have any big game performance again for the tigers..and the tigers were plagued with the same old problems which have haunted them for the last couple of years ......if a coaching change is not made at paintsville next season then they will be playing with a few less players than they are currently counting on....well coached game for coach hall
but for paintsville #1 you should not lead off a kid with a 785 slg% and I will not elaborate any further but suffice it to say that this game and the entire last three seasons should have been different,, congrats to jchs and coach hall...
INSIGHT Wrote:ok it all boils down to this....one kid cannot win a baseball game for an entire team and the facts are that mike conley did not have as much of an outstanding performance as grimm did not have any big game performance again for the tigers..and the tigers were plagued with the same old problems which have haunted them for the last couple of years ......if a coaching change is not made at paintsville next season then they will be playing with a few less players than they are currently counting on....well coached game for coach hall
but for paintsville #1 you should not lead off a kid with a 785 slg% and I will not elaborate any further but suffice it to say that this game and the entire last three seasons should have been different,, congrats to jchs and coach hall...
I agree, Paintsville's leadoff hitter, IMO should be in the #3 hole. I believe I made that statement in the preseason. I also said that the loss of Pugh and Sublett could be devastating. In reality there are only two day in and day out real offensive threats at the plate for Paintsville, that being Adams and Grimm. IMO, Paintsville should have moved someone like Butcher into the leadoff postion and then used Adams to drive him and Humphries around. With the speed of both, I think they could have done a better job at playing small ball to manufacture runs.

No you are right, it is a team game all the way, but I thought that Mike was exceptional on both the mound and at the plate. His ability to be effective in this type of game was questioned and scoffed at , but I knew what he was capable of doing. I dont remember exactly how many hits he gave up but I can only remember the HR by Adams and the two hits by Grimm. Perhaps there might have been some others but for the most part he basicly shut down any Paintsville offensive attack. He did put a few runners on himself, but like Grimm he was able to work himself out of trouble on a few occasions.

Key points of the game were the two very routine ground balls that Humphries let get by him in centerfield that allowed 3 and maybe 4 extra runs to score. Also his failure to produce tonight at the plate .

Someone else mentioned the exploitation of the corners. This was the same gameplan used for two straight years by Coach Hall as the basis of his offensive attack stategy.

Central's ability to steal multiple bases utilizing some not so swift footed base runners. Grimm will really need to focus on learning how to keep runners close to the bag at the next level. A lefty of Grimm's calibur should never be that easy to steal on. He now can look forward to holding some 6.5 to 6.7 runners at bay at the next level. These guys were mid to high 7's at best that were running at will on him tonight. His catcher never had a prayer of gunning anyone down at second. With proper tutoring I am sure that he will be able to work out a few of the kinks here and there. He has a lot of talent.

Grimm was not particularly pinpoint with his control and placed several men on base. He was very fortunate however that he was able to work himself out of a few situations in which JC several times had multiple runners in scoring position only to leave them stranded. As mentioned previously Conley put himself in the same situations a few times as well. Grimm was effective at the plate however, as he had two very nice hits.

The unavailablity of having access to Austin Lyons in a one and done setting is something I dont understand.

Congratulations to The Eagles and best of luck to the Paintsville seniors in their futures, be it on the college field or in the work force.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I agree, Paintsville's leadoff hitter, IMO should be in the #3 hole. I believe I made that statement in the preseason. I also said that the loss of Pugh and Sublett could be devastating. In reality there are only two day in and day out real offensive threats at the plate for Paintsville, that being Adams and Grimm. IMO, Paintsville should have moved someone like Butcher into the leadoff postion and then used Adams to drive him and Humphries around. With the speed of both, I think they could have done a better job at playing small ball to manufacture runs.

No you are right, it is a team game all the way, but I thought that Mike was exceptional on both the mound and at the plate. His ability to be effective in this type of game was questioned and scoffed at , but I knew what he was capable of doing. I dont remember exactly how many hits he gave up but I can only remember the HR by Adams and the two hits by Grimm. Perhaps there might have been some others but for the most part he basicly shut down any Paintsville offensive attack. He did put a few runners on himself, but like Grimm he was able to work himself out of trouble on a few occasions.

Key points of the game were the two very routine ground balls that Humphries let get by him in centerfield that allowed 3 and maybe 4 extra runs to score. Also his failure to produce tonight at the plate .

Someone else mentioned the exploitation of the corners. This was the same gameplan used for two straight years by Coach Hall as the basis of his offensive attack stategy.

Central's ability to steal multiple bases utilizing some not so swift footed base runners. Grimm will really need to focus on learning how to keep runners close to the bag at the next level. A lefty of Grimm's calibur should never be that easy to steal on. He now can look forward to holding some 6.5 to 6.7 runners at bay at the next level. These guys were mid to high 7's at best that were running at will on him tonight. His catcher never had a prayer of gunning anyone down at second. With proper tutoring I am sure that he will be able to work out a few of the kinks here and there. He has a lot of talent.

Grimm was not particularly pinpoint with his control and placed several men on base. He was very fortunate however that he was able to work himself out of a few situations in which JC several times had multiple runners in scoring position only to leave them stranded. As mentioned previously Conley put himself in the same situations a few times as well. Grimm was effective at the plate however, as he had two very nice hits.

The unavailablity of having access to Austin Lyons in a one and done setting is something I dont understand.

Congratulations to The Eagles and best of luck to the Paintsville seniors in their futures, be it on the college field or in the work force.

Walks and allowing runners to advance into scoring position without even hitting the baseball will get any team beat anytime, anyday...
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Walks and allowing runners to advance into scoring position without even hitting the baseball will get any team beat anytime, anyday...
I agree. For simplicity's sake , basicly what you have done is to allow a leadoff double. Hard to consistantly stop someone from scoring with a man on second with only one or no outs.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)