Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions on East Ridge vs Grundy
i dunno it will be a good one someone told me that they suck but i want ur opion about it
yea the Grundy team hasnt been really strong in the past......and i also heard that they wasnt that good this year...i think it will be a really good game, but in the end i think ER will take this one
This game isnt til Aug. 31 why talk about it now? Lets talk about the Pike County Bowl instead when we play Phelps?
warriorpride Wrote:This game isnt til Aug. 31 why talk about it now? Lets talk about the Pike County Bowl instead when we play Phelps?

Grundy by 1 TD
I think Grundy has a little more coming back than ER, plus hiring a coach this late in the game (regardless of how good he is) hinders ER more than it helps.
Grundy usually has a bad record in Virginia, but when they play Kentucky teams they spank them most of the time. I'll take Grundy 35-12
Grundy usually spanks KY teams because they usually play teams like Shelby Valley, Pike Central, Jenkins, etc... and ER is no different. I would compare Grundy to the equivalent of a Hazard or Paintsville. Nowhere near the class of a Belfry, Johnson Central, etc... but a definitie cut above your EKY mediocre teams.

What you will see out of a Grundy team is a very physical team that will grind you out on the ground, play pretty good defense, and posess very little speed.

I'll take Grundy by two to three TD's.
ER is familer with Grundy I dont believe we will lose to them. we scrimaged Grundy last year and had mulitply chances of winning but ER's offense couldnt get the job but at the same time the defense held Grundydown to a tie 12-12. So i will say
ER 24 Grundy 18
IMO ER can't get the job done down the stretch. Last year they had Sheldon Clark tied at half-time and lost 37-8, they had Shelby Valley down 12-8 at half-time and lost 20-12. They were tied with Pike Central in the final 2 minutes and lost 28-21. Also they scored a last minute touchdown on Magoffin Co and elected to go for the win with the two-point conversion and failed on that. That is four missed opportunities. ER has a history in not coming through in the clutch so that is why I am picking Grundy in this one.
i think it will be a nail bitter with er comming out on top 20-16
I'll take Grundy by two TD's.
Grundy has never played Pike Central. Yeah, we lay it on Jenkins & SV (our ONLY win last year), but we've also beat Knott Central (46-16 in 1998), Prestonsburg (18-0 in 1999 and 27-13 in THEIR 2000 HC game) & Morgan Co. (55-0 in 2000), and we lost to Sheldon Clark (37-6 in 1999), all in the not-to-distant past.

As to our "bad record in VA", you must have a VERY short memory. We were 9-1 in 2004, then 7-3, 8-2, 8-2 and 9-1.

Like others, I think the late hiring and unknown QB will hurt ER the 1st few weeks.
p_casey#21 Wrote:i dunno it will be a good one someone told me that they suck but i want ur opion about it
Id tell ya what you can suck but theyd bar me from this forum.....you and warrior pride must be legends in"your own minds"...you boys getting like Shelby Valley...I'll pass it on them Va boys as if they need anymore incintive to open a can on your ass..
gridironguru Wrote:Id tell ya what you can suck but theyd bar me from this forum.....you and warrior pride must be legends in"your own minds"...you boys getting like Shelby Valley...I'll pass it on them Va boys as if they need anymore incintive to open a can on your ass..

All I did was tell my honest thought about the game. That it so dont run your mouth to me. I did nothing wrong...
warriorpride Wrote:All I did was tell my honest thought about the game. That it so dont run your mouth to me. I did nothing wrong...
If you give coach B as much effort as you put into runnin your mouth on this board youll fare a helluva lot better...you dont win dog crap here it's on the field.......which I d bet the field time you see is during warm ups and as you run across it at half time...
gridironguru Wrote:If you give coach B as much effort as you put into runnin your mouth on this board youll fare a helluva lot better...you dont win dog crap here it's on the field.......which I d bet the field time you see is during warm ups and as you run across it at half time...

Im not going to aurgue with you about this its just plain stupid.
warriorpride Wrote:Im not going to aurgue with you about this its just plain stupid.
well I guess you got bored trying to figure out a starting lineup for your coach on here so you and your buddy figured hell lets figure out how bad we gonna whup everybody this year..Im sure there must be a hill at lick creek that coach B can put to use with you boys that have all them answers can run ...For the record and VHSL Helper knows better than me,Grundy is the smallest 2A school in Va this upcoming year and could play 1A if they chose to drop,but they dont..They choose to play 2A and stay in the toughest in my oppinion district in 2A.....I shouldnt kicked ya in the knee but you guys need to focus on puttin a team of 11 on the field instead of saying"Grundy or any other team sucks,how bad we gonna beatem" thread..you better mature quick son or it's gonna be a long season for you...
gridironguru, you're the one who is coming across as the instigator in this thread. These kids were just creating a discussion....on a DISCUSSION board.

It seems to me you have a bone to pick with East Ridge. At least these kids are out there, practicing. And I think it's great that they have confidence in their team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
gridironguru Wrote:Id tell ya what you can suck but theyd bar me from this forum.....you and warrior pride must be legends in"your own minds"...you boys getting like Shelby Valley...I'll pass it on them Va boys as if they need anymore incintive to open a can on your ass..

What kind of comment is that? That kind of talk doesn't belong on here...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]