Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity vs Fredrick Douglass
FoSho Wrote:Did you even read the context of what was being discussed? I know 7v7 doesn't let you know how good a team will be, but when two teams go head to head in 7v7 you can certainly tell which team has the better skill kids. Especially when one team dominates the other like BC did FD.

Absolute comedy but I do applaud your consistency in manipulating reality and applying positive spins if, and only if, it puts BC in the best light. Also, love the way you present everything as facts because you said it. BC does have a much better QB than FD though.
Frank Martin Wrote:Absolute comedy but I do applaud your consistency in manipulating reality and applying positive spins if, and only if, it puts BC in the best light. Also, love the way you present everything as facts because you said it. BC does have a much better QB than FD though.

There is virtually no comparison between the FD and BC skill positions, passing game, however you want to describe it. What part of anything I said in this thread incorrect?

I can assure if Boyle Co played Trinity that they would not be able to merely stop the run and pound us like they did FD. If they didn't respect our passing attack we'd have put up points and probably A LOT of them. And our D is damn good.

Depth is where they get you and it would eventually take its toll on the Rebels.

Sue me.
FoSho Wrote:There is virtually no comparison between the FD and BC skill positions, passing game, however you want to describe it. What part of anything I said in this thread incorrect?

I can assure if Boyle Co played Trinity that they would not be able to merely stop the run and pound us like they did FD. If they didn't respect our passing attack we'd have put up points and probably A LOT of them. And our D is damn good.

Depth is where they get you and it would eventually take its toll on the Rebels.

Sue me.

Facts
FoSho Wrote:Did you even read the context of what was being discussed? I know 7v7 doesn't let you know how good a team will be, but when two teams go head to head in 7v7 you can certainly tell which team has the better skill kids. Especially when one team dominates the other like BC did FD.

It's amusing to say that's I'm the one missing context when I believe that's precisely your problem. It's easy to claim skill kids are good because of a 7v7 but that's not what they'll have to face on the field. IE you're taking the skill kids out of the context of an actual game setting.

Now, BC could have better skill kids and maybe BC would've performed better in this scrimmage than FD. I can't say for certain one way or the other, but it sounds like Martin hit the nail on the head when he called your assertions and opinions 'facts'.
CarzyRock Wrote:It's amusing to say that's I'm the one missing context when I believe that's precisely your problem. It's easy to claim skill kids are good because of a 7v7 but that's not what they'll have to face on the field. IE you're taking the skill kids out of the context of an actual game setting.

Now, BC could have better skill kids and maybe BC would've performed better in this scrimmage than FD. I can't say for certain one way or the other, but it sounds like Martin hit the nail on the head when he called your assertions and opinions 'facts'.

So your (or Frankie's) opinion is truth but mine in just "facts".

BC scored every possession in 7v7 versus FD and they never scored. You don't think that says something about the quality of the passing game (skill positions) of each team? You can believe all the hype or you can believe in the closest thing to "facts" as we're going to get.

I stand by the post that stated our skill kids are better and that we'd have performed better than FD did vs Trinity.
FoSho Wrote:So your (or Frankie's) opinion is truth but mine in just "facts".

BC scored every possession in 7v7 versus FD and they never scored. You don't think that says something about the quality of the passing game (skill positions) of each team? You can believe all the hype or you can believe in the closest thing to "facts" as we're going to get.

I stand by the post that stated our skill kids are better and that we'd have performed better than FD did vs Trinity.

I'm not claiming any truth. I said as much in the last post. "BC could have better skill kids and maybe BC would've performed better in this scrimmage than FD. I can't say for certain one way or the other."

You're the one dealing in an absolute 'our kids are better' because of a 7v7 while at the same time dismissing scrimmages. I'm just poking fun at you for that inconsistency.
CarzyRock Wrote:I'm not claiming any truth. I said as much in the last post. "BC could have better skill kids and maybe BC would've performed better in this scrimmage than FD. I can't say for certain one way or the other."

You're the one dealing in an absolute 'our kids are better' because of a 7v7 while at the same time dismissing scrimmages. I'm just poking fun at you for that inconsistency.

Ok let's cut the crap.

I totally understand that scrimmages and 7v7 don't tell you how good a team is going to be. But are going to sit there and say that you can't tell who's got the better skill positions when watching 7v7? Especially when it was so clear cut?

If you are willing to go out on that limb than it's an easy assumption that Boyle Co would have fared better against Trinity because they are not one dimensional. FD has a great line but if someone isn't afraid of your passing game then it's pretty easy to stop the run.

🙄
FoSho Wrote:Ok let's cut the crap.

I totally understand that scrimmages and 7v7 don't tell you how good a team is going to be. But are going to sit there and say that you can't tell who's got the better skill positions when watching 7v7? Especially when it was so clear cut?

If you are willing to go out on that limb than it's an easy assumption that Boyle Co would have fared better against Trinity because they are not one dimensional. FD has a great line but if someone isn't afraid of your passing game then it's pretty easy to stop the run.

🙄

No thanks, I'd hate to get my knife dirty.

But jokes aside, I do think scrimmages are a useful tool, which is why I've been criticizing your 'don't mean squat' stance. They don't show you where a team will be at the end of the year, but they show very well where the team is at currently. If a team subs a lot the coach is still experimenting with player placement. If a team runs varied strategies or small variations on a single strategy, the coach is still experimenting with scheme. If the team goes plays like a normal game then the coach is satisfied with his plan and is just looking for execution.

7v7's are also useful, but not as much as a scrimmage since lines, kick teams, and running are vital parts of the real game. Once again, I'm not saying Boyle County is worse than FD. I'm just saying that judging from a 7v7 alone and dismissing scrimmages is foolish.

Honestly, I'm not sure why you dismiss scrimmages since I'm told BC demolished Madison. Why not make the performance there an argument for doing better against Trinity than fd? Why focus only on the 7v7?
CarzyRock Wrote:No thanks, I'd hate to get my knife dirty.

But jokes aside, I do think scrimmages are a useful tool, which is why I've been criticizing your 'don't mean squat' stance. They don't show you where a team will be at the end of the year, but they show very well where the team is at currently. If a team subs a lot the coach is still experimenting with player placement. If a team runs varied strategies or small variations on a single strategy, the coach is still experimenting with scheme. If the team goes plays like a normal game then the coach is satisfied with his plan and is just looking for execution.

7v7's are also useful, but not as much as a scrimmage since lines, kick teams, and running are vital parts of the real game. Once again, I'm not saying Boyle County is worse than FD. I'm just saying that judging from a 7v7 alone and dismissing scrimmages is foolish.

Honestly, I'm not sure why you dismiss scrimmages since I'm told BC demolished Madison. Why not make the performance there an argument for doing better against Trinity than fd? Why focus only on the 7v7?

Let me be straight on a couple points.

I never meant scrimmages weren't important...people put way too much in the outcome so I was meaning that they don't mean squat. In 2017 Madison Central came to Boyle Co and beat us 21-0 in a scrimmage...by years end we'd have put a running clock on them.

I firmly believe we would beat FD and although I think we could hang for a while, I seriously doubt we could beat Trinity.

I mentioned 7v7 for the reasons I stated earlier...for comparing skill positions (WR, QB, DB) of BC and FD because I witnessed it firsthand.
Did Freddy Doug return their RB from last year? Big loss in losing their 6’9” tower at QB. Kid was good
Footballdude1953 Wrote:Did Freddy Doug return their RB from last year? Big loss in losing their 6’9” tower at QB. Kid was good

no