3. Somerset
4. Lexington Christian Academy
5. Owensboro Catholic
6. Breathitt County
7. Caldwell County
8. Walton Verona
9. Murray
10. Danville

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings are compiled by a panel selected from this site.
Interesting. My opinion is that Caldwell and Murray should both be ahead of OC. Murray beat them last year in Owensboro and Murray didn’t lose anything. Caldwell is better at this point than Murray.
Scratching my head about Breathitt County being ranked #6 at this point in time. :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Scratching my head about Breathitt County being ranked #6 at this point in time. :popcorn:

Breathitt, Caldwell, All the bottom 5 are mediocre. Beechwood and Somerset are the only two that have any shot at all against Mayfield.
Newport not ranked they are loaded with talent.
pjdoug Wrote:Breathitt, Caldwell, All the bottom 5 are mediocre. Beechwood and Somerset are the only two that have any shot at all against Mayfield.

Can't believe I'm about to say this, but I agree with you 100% Douglas! I think its Mayfield's from start to finish this year. The only two teams that might have a reasonable shot are Beechwood and Somerset like you said, and their longshots. Although I'd like to see Breathitt have a great year and make a run at it, in my honest opinion though, they dont have a chance. If their even in the Top 10 it would be 9th or 10th, not #6.
Thanks for the work put in to make these polls guys
Oh and great to see Mayfield at the #1 spot
#55PirateFan Wrote:Can't believe I'm about to say this, but I agree with you 100% Douglas! I think its Mayfield's from start to finish this year. The only two teams that might have a reasonable shot are Beechwood and Somerset like you said, and their longshots. Although I'd like to see Breathitt have a great year and make a run at it, in my honest opinion though, they dont have a chance. If their even in the Top 10 it would be 9th or 10th, not #6.
That's right. I like to give Mayfield a hard time, but I don't believe they have much competition this season.
Rankings of any kind at this time are pointless.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Rankings of any kind at this time are pointless.

Not entirely, they make for fun banter but other than that I would agree
Mayfield should be exceptional offensively.. They return an outstanding QB, who can really zip it on a rope and with great accuracy and touch.. There top 3 receivers are back and they all have great hands and good speed that'll gives that QB a lot of different options. The OL should be fine, as well..

They will have to improve against the run on defense and get some help from some newcomers on the DL, but, the secondary should be solid. A team capable of controlling the ball with a solid running game and keeping there offense off the field will have a shot, but, they'll have to not only control the clock, but, also end those drives with points or they'll be playing catch up which is something that teams won't want to do against the Cardinals. That plays right into there hands.
Finally less than 1 week from getting this ball rolling.
I heard some sad news today that certainly affects this poll. Coach Barnes from Caldwell Co apparently passed away. He was a top notch coach and I don’t see how the Tigers survive this.
I really dont think Caldwell was a top ten at this point to start the season. They have been dominant in years past when playing average teams in scrimmages. This year against average teams they where about even in there scrimmages from what I've read just way to inexperienced in the skill spots at this point. Now this has happened. Maybe the players will have something extra to play for now, but I think they are a year away. Haven't seen Mayfield this year or heard how the Union County scrimmage went, but I don't think the Tigers had enough experience to challenge the Cardinals this year.
I heard the Cardinals beat Union Co 63-7. The JV scored 4 touchdowns. I heard MHS looked great in all areas.
mysonis55 Wrote:I heard the Cardinals beat Union Co 63-7. The JV scored 4 touchdowns. I heard MHS looked great in all areas.
If so Mayfield should be a tough out. Union County is no slouch, and did very well in there scrimmage with Ocath. Unfortunately I'll probably only get to attend 1 Mayfield game this year
Mayfield so good even 64SUR thinks they are the favorite
Danville needs more credit then this.
Mayfield king of 2A this year
Westside Wrote:1. Mayfield
2. Beechwood
3. Somerset
4. Lexington Christian Academy
5. Owensboro Catholic
6. Breathitt County
7. Caldwell County
8. Walton Verona
9. Murray
10. Danville

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings are compiled by a panel selected from this site.

1-3 are a level above the rest. I’m not buying the Breathitt stock just yet but they may go 10-0 with their schedule.
Mayfield has a freshman RB who scored the first time he touched the ball vs Union Co. I was surprised because I saw him play last year and he was good... but this was vs kids 3 & 4 years older... future looks bright!
Mayfield all the way🏈
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:1-3 are a level above the rest. I’m not buying the Breathitt stock just yet but they may go 10-0 with their schedule.

I agree the rankings mean nothing. Should get a better idea of just how good the Bobcats may be when they play South Laurel next week.
Twitter: @tc_analytics