Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berea 21, Pineville 0 (scrimmage)
Final from Berea
Long year for Lions
surprising even for a scrimmage.
will frazier be eligible by the mccreary central game
I was told Pineville had three starters out with Frazier being one. They said Berea has a unreal freshman RB. Don’t count Pineville out yet. 7 on 7 scrimmages and controlled scrimmage doesn’t show a lot. I think Pineville could have a great year.
This was a 10 play 10 play setting as well. Pineville gave up two long passes. Secondary has to have some work. The other was a nice run for 15 by the fullback. Pineville offense wasn't stop at all just by play count. They moved the ball well. No chains were used. Berea did a good job with their passing game. Pineville will be fine I know Berea had a lineman out and Pineville set their best lineman and Corner. Defense will get much better with time. This is a new system for all. Best of luck to the Pirates and go Lions!!!!
four quarters Wrote:I was told Pineville had three starters out with Frazier being one. They said Berea has a unreal freshman RB. Don’t count Pineville out yet. 7 on 7 scrimmages and controlled scrimmage doesn’t show a lot. I think Pineville could have a great year.

Pineville also played a ton of kids so the coaching staff could give them a shot. Things are going to be good.
Good luck to both Berea and Pineville this year. Never mind these scores, scrimmage games can only help teams. Good luck!
Berea is much deeper this year than in year's past with a ton of young talent ready to play behind the returning upper classmen. The freshmen come in off an 8-2 8th grade season as well. Berea is loaded in long athletic kids with a lot of athletic and strong linemen. Not saying they are going to be a top ten team, but with the schedule they have which is needed to continue building interest in the program; I think they will win six games and possibly steal a seventh.
four quarters Wrote:I was told Pineville had three starters out with Frazier being one. They said Berea has a unreal freshman RB. Don’t count Pineville out yet. 7 on 7 scrimmages and controlled scrimmage doesn’t show a lot. I think Pineville could have a great year.
I agree. it seems Berea is improved though, and had a good scrimmage.
New system and coach is what Pineville probably needed. 5-6, 6-5, 7-4......it has been the same for the last coach tenure on KHSAA records. Frazier and new staff will definitely help and get that program going in the right direction. Good luck to them.
Does Pineville have anymore scrimmages?
four quarters Wrote:New system and coach is what Pineville probably needed. 5-6, 6-5, 7-4......it has been the same for the last coach tenure on KHSAA records. Frazier and new staff will definitely help and get that program going in the right direction. Good luck to them.

Frazier is a quality coach.
Middlesboro didn’t think so. The man took them to a 9-3 record. Almost beat Somerset in 2nd round. I’d definitely get rid of him. That decision has led Middlesboro to some of the worst years in school history.
Sounds like Berea might have a pulse. Good luck to the mighty Pirates!
papagrit Wrote:Sounds like Berea might have a pulse. Good luck to the mighty Pirates!

:Cheerlead
Newspaper has Pineville playing Leslie county Friday in a grid-o-rama. I guess that will be their last scrimmage until the season begins.
Pineville will be fine. Insert Frazier - not the coach and they become a lot better real quick (RB)
Colby Frazier has been at the beach folks. He will make Pineville a different team once he’s back.