Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon Kenton/Tates Creek 8/9/19 (scrimmage)
SK scrimmages at Tates Creek tonight. Should be a good game.
Also SK scrimmages X next week. And opens the season against Henry Clay at Lafayette in a double header.
I was told SK looked really good.
UK1fan Wrote:I was told SK looked really good.

I thought their offensive line looked good and running backs ran hard. The defense was disciplined and rarely got out of position. Tates Creek 1”s could not run the ball but passed it well (22 of 29) with the exception of some mental errors that can be fixed. SK lacks difference makers and athleticism imo. If TC cleans up the mistakes I think they will be the better team. IMO SK will be solid but they are who they are with not much upside.
Frank Martin Wrote:I thought their offensive line looked good and running backs ran hard. The defense was disciplined and rarely got out of position. Tates Creek 1”s could not run the ball but passed it well (22 of 29) with the exception of some mental errors that can be fixed. SK lacks difference makers and athleticism imo. If TC cleans up the mistakes I think they will be the better team. IMO SK will be solid but they are who they are with not much upside.

Not much upside? They are going with a Freshman qb who did great. Hammack ran the ball really good.
UK1fan Wrote:Not much upside? They are going with a Freshman qb who did great. Hammack ran the ball really good.

Yep, IMO not much upside. Freshman qb played as good as he can and I’ll leave it at that. The RB ran hard and was very productive as I stated. They were disciplined and made very few mistakes. Still, in my opinion they lack game changers/playmakers. Where’s the upside? They played about as well as they can and still the scrimmage was at best even when the 1’s were in. Were you in attendance? You said you heard they looked really good.