Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfers in the 15th region
^ No doubt, Williams dad is on the BOE at Paintsville... it's even worse.
How does he get eligible? This will be interesting.
Just my opinion but the kid from MC never moved so how does he explain that, then explain that they ended up in the same house if he says he really did move?

Williams will need a change of residence so if they claim to live in the county school district his dad must resign from the school board because he no longer resides within the Paintsville School District. So then his sister should be charged tuition.

Such a tangled mess...

There's lots of baggage from both of these moves and if Paintsville fights their eligibility then it could be a long drawn out process.
Flip a coin on the transfer process. Who would’ve thought that two of the Lemaster grandkids would’ve been eligible after playing football for Ashland last fall. They were declared immediately eligible at Paintsville with no residence change.
^ Same as the Fitch girl that transferred from Paintsville to JC last year... how did that happen so easily?
Can't someone who lives in Paintsville go to Central if they choose? Also, don't you think the family knows the rules and has thought it through?
jetpilot Wrote:Can't someone who lives in Paintsville go to Central if they choose? Also, don't you think the family knows the rules and has thought it through?

Johnson Central is part of the Johnson County School system.
Paintsville is part of the Paintsville Independent School system.
^^^^^^^^^^ DUH!!!!!!

There is no set school districts/zones as far where students live in Johnson County.

So yeah, kids that live in Flat Gap (one of the farthest points in the county) can go to Paintsville.... kids that live on Main Street in Paintsville can go to JC.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Johnson Central is part of the Johnson County School system.
^^^^^^^^^^ DUH!!!!!!

There is no set school districts as far what students has to go based on where they live in Johnson County.

So yeah, kids that live in Flat Gap (one of the farthest points in the county) can go to Paintsville.... kids that live on Main Street in Paintsville can go to JC.

I don't think we are talking about the same thing.
If a kid lives on Main in Paintsviile and transfers to Central are there any requirements thru KHSAA to be eligible to play sports?
^ Absolutely, if they attended Paintsville High School and played varsity sports. Just like if a kid lives on Main St in Pikeville, attends Pikeville HS, plays varsity sports and transfers to Pike County Central does.
The difference is JC is in Paintsville city limits.

Can't think of any reason not to be eligible.
Would be dumb to insist on change of residence if you live in the city, where the school is.
^ Good point indeed, but KHSAA transfer rules still apply
If they insist on change of residence I would "rent" a room from my neighbor lol

I think the kid will be fine...
Johnson Central High School is in the city limits, but it's not part of the Paintsville System, and yes there are boundries. A person living in Flat Gap can't serve on the Paintsville Board and a person living on Main Street can't serve on the county board. I would guess that when Johnson Central was built it wasn't in the city limits at that time. The City annexed that area when the shopping centers were built if I'm not mistaken.

Paintsville City limits are not the school districts lines. The city can annex areas around the town, but that doesn't move the school district. If that's the case Mayor Runyon could try to annex the entire county, but that doesn't make Johnson County Schools go away.

The young man your discussing lives in the city district. According to the KHSAA he will have to establish legitimate residence in the district he intends to play for. If he doesn't want to play sports, he can live where he's at and be a student in the county district, or that's the way I understand the rules.
So no one who lived in the city ever played for JC and vice versa?
Didn't say that...I was pointing out that there are two separate school districts in Johnson County and according to the KHSAA to transfer you are "suppose" to make a legal change of residence and move into the district your transferring to.

l
Brady Dinguss went to Paintsville as a Freshman / 9th grader which he is allowed to do according the KHSSA rules and he was not required to move from Martin County.

He still lives in the same house in MC.

I would think it will be handled just like the LeMaster grandkids transferring back to Paintsville from Ashland.

It was my understanding the parents still lived in Johnson county when the kids went to school in Ashland.

Hopefully this is not if Paintsville does it's OK but no one else.
Brady may of had a problem transferring to any other school other than Martin Couny without moving, but that’s not the case, he lives in Martin County now and doesn’t have to make up fake addresses or have anyone swear to a lie about where he lives.
Might as well dissolve the KHSAA. Rules mean nothing and then others want to blame parents, coaches, and kids for not thinking they have to abide by any rules. They don't!
BallFan1952 Wrote:Brady may of had a problem transferring to any other school other than Martin Couny without moving, but that’s not the case, he lives in Martin County now and doesn’t have to make up fake addresses or have anyone swear to a lie about where he lives.

You all done tried that one with Uzi and it didn't work. All the while he was living with the head coach.
Uzi and Brady are 2 different cases. Brady has always lived in Martin county, went to school at Inez Elementary school, then Warfield Middle school.

So how is that the same as Uzi and different from Johnny's grandkids?
Olderthandirt Wrote:Johnson Central High School is in the city limits, but it's not part of the Paintsville System, and yes there are boundries. A person living in Flat Gap can't serve on the Paintsville Board and a person living on Main Street can't serve on the county board. I would guess that when Johnson Central was built it wasn't in the city limits at that time. The City annexed that area when the shopping centers were built if I'm not mistaken.

Paintsville City limits are not the school districts lines. The city can annex areas around the town, but that doesn't move the school district. If that's the case Mayor Runyon could try to annex the entire county, but that doesn't make Johnson County Schools go away.

The young man your discussing lives in the city district. According to the KHSAA he will have to establish legitimate residence in the district he intends to play for. If he doesn't want to play sports, he can live where he's at and be a student in the county district, or that's the way I understand the rules.

For the record, I used the word Kids..... I wasn't talking about adults who can serve on the different school school boards.
[quote=The Eagle Knows]Uzi and Brady are 2 different cases. Brady has always lived in Martin county, went to school at Inez Elementary school, then Warfield Middle school.

So how is that the same as Uzi and different from Johnny's grandkids

Johnny's grandkids was in neither my comment or the comment I quoted! Nor did I compare the 2 situations.
Creeker Wrote:^ Same as the Fitch girl that transferred from Paintsville to JC last year... how did that happen so easily?

It's all in the paperwork to KHSAA. Fitch stated that she was transferring to become a member of our Honors Choir. Paintsville doesn't offer that to their students so it was an automatic qualifier.
I don’t think Fitch was automatic either. It was about 6 weeks waiting for her eligibility.
Also Fitch’s mother divorced the man she was married to when Fitch was going to school at Paintsville and legitimally moved. Now granted she only moved about 2 blocks she was still able to use the divorce and move as part of grounds to transfer.
As a friendly reminder...... BGR is not the place personal drama to give your opinion on why people divorced.

If the topic of divorce is used to explain why a student transferred or moved, then that is good. Giving your opinion about why a couple divorced or what you think about one of the parties involved is not good.
I don’t see anywhere in my statement where I mentioned why they divorced at all, or what my opinion is on either of the parties. I simply said they divorced and therefore it made her transfer a legit reason to need to transfer. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Pulp I don't remember saying you said adults...I was only making a point that are two separate districts in Johnson County and there are borders without walls separating them. You're extremely defensive regarding your post and comparisons other might make.
philbilly2009 Wrote:I don’t see anywhere in my statement where I mentioned why they divorced at all, or what my opinion is on either of the parties. I simply said they divorced and therefore it made her transfer a legit reason to need to transfer. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

My comment was not for you.... the post in question was by a different user and I deleted it very soon after it was made.
jetpilot Wrote:Can't someone who lives in Paintsville go to Central if they choose? Also, don't you think the family knows the rules and has thought it through?

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Johnson Central is part of the Johnson County School system.
^^^^^^^^^^ DUH!!!!!!

There is no set school districts/zones as far where students live in Johnson County.

Olderthandirt Wrote:Johnson Central High School is in the city limits, but it's not part of the Paintsville System, and yes there are boundries. A person living in Flat Gap can't serve on the Paintsville Board and a person living on Main Street can't serve on the county board. I would guess that when Johnson Central was built it wasn't in the city limits at that time. The City annexed that area when the shopping centers were built if I'm not mistaken.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:For the record, I used the word Kids.....I wasn't talking about adults who can serve on the different school boards.

Olderthandirt Wrote:Pulp I don't remember saying you said adults...I was only making a point that are two separate districts in Johnson County and there are borders without walls separating them. You're extremely defensive regarding your post and comparisons other might make.

I said kids & students in my initial post replying to jetpilot..... in your post, you talked about people serving on school boards. How county residents can't serve on the city school board and vise versa.

Where kids choose to go to school that live in Johnson County is a different conversation than where adults live in Johnson County and what school board they can serve on.