Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin Co-67 Paintsville-64
What a great game. I would have paid top dollar to see this game. Both teams played their hearts out. You just might see these 2 teams meeting again in the regional final.

Paintsville 22-10-19-15 (64)
Magoffin 13-20-19-18 (67)

The turning point in the game was in the 2nd with Paintsville up 9 points. Manns hit 2 3 pointers in a row to put Magoffin on a roll. Both of them were wide open 3's. She's one of the best 3 point shooters in the region. What was she doing wide open???????????????

In the 2nd half, Magoffin scored numerous easy fast break points. If Paintsville would have gotten back on defense, they might have pulled this one out.

Magoffin was 12-18 from the free throw line. Paintsville was 6-8.

Paintsville was 27-68 from the field for 40%

Magoffin:
Ashley Jade Howard 29 points (20 in the 2nd, most on easy lay ups)
Manns 16 points
M. Howard 12
C. Howard 1

Paintsville:
L. Carroll 6 pts
K. Carroll 13 pts, 6 assists, 4 steals
Hall 12 pts, 6 reb
Russell 7 pts, 4 reb, 3 assists

Jarrell 26 pts, 11-16 FG, 21 reb (9 offensive), 2 steals
13 pts in both halves, 12 reb 1st half and 9 reb in 2nd

Magoffin really picked up the defense and made Paintsville really work to just get shots off. They did a great job on Jarrell in the second half, holding her to 5-9 shooting. Paintsville turned the ball over 5 times forcing the ball into her. Paintsville shot 12-36 in the second half.

Congrats to both teams. These 2 teams played arguably the 3 best games in the 15th region this year. I'm happy to have witnessed all 3 games.

Good luck to both teams and lets hope there will be a 4th game so the rest of the region can see what your games are all about.
Magoffin vs 15th region teams and margin of victories:

Prestonsburg: 17, 20, 38
South Floyd: 55, 52
Johnson Central: 19, 1
Sheldon Clark: 18, 31, 16
Betsy Layne: 23
Shelby Valley: 15, 13
Pikeville: 12

Belfry: 5
Paintsville: 6, 3, 3

I know Magoffin is praying they don't have to face Paintsville again.
WHAT A GAME....this game was one of the best girls games I've seen played. The Howard girls from Magoffin Co. took charge and allowed the Hornets to escape with the District crown. IMO, the best game tonight was played by Chelsee Jarrell. She dominated the game both offensively and on the boards, this girl is good, REAL good. Ashley Hall and Kendra Carrol played great games for the Tigers as well. The game was fast paced and back and forth...that's the kind of games that are exciting and I enjoy watching. Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game. These two schools will meet again and I can't wait.
"JKWON33" Wrote:WHAT A GAME....this game was one of the best girls games I've seen played. The Howard girls from Magoffin Co. took charge and allowed the Hornets to escape with the District crown. IMO, the best game tonight was played by Chelsee Jarrell. She dominated the game both offensively and on the boards, this girl is good, REAL good. Ashley Hall and Kendra Carrol played great games for the Tigers as well. The game was fast paced and back and forth...that's the kind of games that are exciting and I enjoy watching. Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game. These two schools will meet again and I can't wait.
Can you believe that most of the posters DID NOT have Chelsee Jarrell on their 15th region fantasy team????????

She's the best post player by a landslide. She has really picked her game up this last month. Over the last 9 game she is averaging:
18.2 points and 16.8 rebounds. This was against East Carter, Johnson Central twice, Magoffin Co twice, Sheldon Clark (only 14 pts and 10 reb), Lawrence Co, Pikeville, and Shelby Valley.

Not too shabby of competition.

Against Johnson Central twice, Magoffin twice, East Carter, and Pikeville, those numbers rise to 18.8 points and 17.9 rebounds.
Oh, by the way, it was a shame to see a player as good as Asley Jade Howard is, flip off a gym full of fans. She is a great talent, but she has a lot of growing up to do. I bet she doesn't know that a Paintsville fan has it on tape :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL....I'll have to watch that on tape. I heard from Bill_Don that she did indeed flip the Tiger fans. Chelsee would be a starter on my team reguardless of who was on it. She steps up in big games...like they say, "big players step up in big games" and she has done that all season. Good luck in region Paintsville.
Thanks for telling me that gossip. I will remember it.
There's already a thread for this game