Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An easy way for ESPN to improve
Get rid of that loudmouth punk Stephen A. Smith! That guy gets on my last nerve, and Im waiting for somebody to bust him in his mouth. I just hope that when it happens, Im watching live. Seriously though, I cant stand him, and I wish ESPN would get rid of him, and he never finds another job dealing with television.
I agree...lol i was watching him on last night's draft and I was thinking how great it would be to bitch slap the hell out of him.
ESPN has went downhill the past few years in my opinion. Getting rid of him would be a great choice for them to make.
I 100% agree. I mean you have guys like Joe Morgan and people like that who can compare players to themselves and talk about all of there negative attributes, but when a guy like Stephen A. Smith gets on there and downplays the hell out of players, knowing he has probably never picked up a ball of any sort in his life is ridiculous! He is loud and obnoxious and is not the least bit funny when he thinks he is!
More people in the media need to let there opinions known and not worry about what the person is going to think... too many buttkissers anymore... You can call out Stephen A., but I'll never question his ability to tell his opinion, and I respect that...
I agree with you that there needs to be more people giving their own opinion. But Smith is TERRIBLE. The ONLY thing he knows how to do is give his opinion. But other than that, the guy is terrible. To me, he's the worst on TV right now. When we talk about someone giving their opinions, give me Jim Rome or Trev Alberts, but somebody needs to whip Stephen A. Smith's ass.
FreakNasty Wrote:More people in the media need to let there opinions known and not worry about what the person is going to think... too many buttkissers anymore... You can call out Stephen A., but I'll never question his ability to tell his opinion, and I respect that...
Just make sure I am around TH32 if you decide to try to whip his , so I can pull him off of you Smile. LOL!!!!!!!
Can we say, "freedom of opinion".
I agree, that everyone n the media has the right to voice their opinion and just let me say, Smith does a good job of letting his opinion on how things are to be. I have listened to Smith as all of us have to listen to the "ESPN" way of things for the past couple of seasons.

While the NBA has continued to bring in the $$$$$, the image of the league has taken a toll..that is where I think Smith irritates many of us yet, the Brassness of his hip hop in your face way of conveying "you better listen to me" could be the way of things in the NBA,but, as far as Smith's "stock" as a particular part of the show, "sell or buy", My "opinion" is to sell !!
Right, he may have that "IN YOUR FACE" attitude, but he is only 5'7 and a buck 25! I would break him, and he will find out one day the hard way!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I agree with you that there needs to be more people giving their own opinion. But Smith is TERRIBLE. The ONLY thing he knows how to do is give his opinion. But other than that, the guy is terrible. To me, he's the worst on TV right now. When we talk about someone giving their opinions, give me Jim Rome or Trev Alberts, but somebody needs to whip Stephen A. Smith's ass.

Jim Rome is the brighest mind in the media by far....
Agreed. Bar none the most enjoyable guy to listen to. Now THAT guy knows how to rant, lol. :thumpsup:
FreakNasty Wrote:Jim Rome is the brighest mind in the media by far....
Yeah right, lol. That would be like putting Urkle in the octagon with Forrest Griffin.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Just make sure I am around TH32 if you decide to try to whip his , so I can pull him off of you Smile. LOL!!!!!!!
FreakNasty Wrote:Jim Rome is the brighest mind in the media by far....

I agree. He really is the one analyst on ESPN that I can stomach. Rome has the same attitude in his opinions as Stephen A. Smith but to me he still seems a whole lot more tolerable.
FreakNasty Wrote:More people in the media need to let there opinions known and not worry about what the person is going to think... too many buttkissers anymore... You can call out Stephen A., but I'll never question his ability to tell his opinion, and I respect that...

I don't respect him one bit. I think he's an arrogant punk who knows a lot about yelling and screaming, but his rants rarely contain any substance. He's one of those guys that thinks that if he is loud and in-your-face, then everyone will think he is 'hip' and 'edgy'. Well, not me. ESPN made a big mistake by letting go of David Aldridge in favor of this doofus.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I totally agree about David Aldridge. I miss the "NBA Beat" segment he used to do for Sportscenter. I thought he was one of the best insiders they had.

I agree...:thumpsup:

The one thing that is getting on my nerves about ESPN in general (especially ESPN Radio) are these guys who have to yell and scream to get their opinions heard. Host like Erik Kulisieus, who are combative and respect anyone elses opinion.
I can't stand Smith either, although I do enjoy the tell it like it is style. He's just too obnoxious for me.