•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Football 2007
Estill Leaves For Camp At 7 In The Morning...
estill will have a good season....but they will lose horribly to powell county.
bluegrassballa Wrote:estill will have a good season....but they will lose horribly to powell county.

Why Does Everyone Say This... I Talk To Former Players From Powell Who Say That They Dont Think The New Coach Will Make Much Of A Difference And That No One Understands That Powell County Just Doesnt Have The Talent... Dont Get All Offended...I'm Quoting A Former Powell County Player Here...
bluegrassballa Wrote:Estill will have a good season....but they will lose horribly to Powell county.

I had the opportunity to see both teams last year and if Estill loses to Powell by any margin it will be horrible. I just don't think Powell has it in them.

Interesting fact that I just compiled. In the past 9 years both Estill and Powell have a combined record of 28-64 and a combined record against one another at 4-4. On paper this game should be a coin toss but I think that a new coach along with trying to implement a new system will be to much for Powell to overcome this year.
I can't see Powell County beating Estill County by any margin. If Powell couldn't handle Estill last year then it's hard to believe they'll be capable of it this year.
to tell u the truth, i dont really care who wins. if powell wins, yay. if estill wins, yay. im neutral.
bluegrassballa Wrote:to tell u the truth, i dont really care who wins. if powell wins, yay. if estill wins, yay. im neutral.

Now This Just Confuses Me...Why Say They Will Lose Horribly To Powell And Then Say You Dont Care... I'm Just Curious As To What Makes You Really Think That Estill Will Lose HORRIBLY????
3-7
[[3-7]] ARE YOU CRAZY???? There Is NO WAY!!! And If They Do Go 3-7 And I Will NEVER Watch Another Estill Football Game Again...EVER!!!
Midee1 Wrote:I had the opportunity to see both teams last year and if Estill loses to Powell by any margin it will be horrible. I just don't think Powell has it in them.

Interesting fact that I just compiled. In the past 9 years both Estill and Powell have a combined record of 28-64 and a combined record against one another at 4-4. On paper this game should be a coin toss but I think that a new coach along with trying to implement a new system will be to much for Powell to overcome this year.

Just wanted to add to your facts. The 9 years prior to that, Estill alone, had a combined record of 44-40. I can tell you this, THE SCHEDULES were not padded!!!
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:[[3-7]] ARE YOU CRAZY???? There Is NO WAY!!! And If They Do Go 3-7 And I Will NEVER Watch Another Estill Football Game Again...EVER!!!
No, They won't go 3-7, I do not believe.
BUT, IF SO, YOU GOTTA BACK WHAT YOU SAY.......
7-4
RIP_28 Wrote:No, They won't go 3-7, I do not believe.
BUT, IF SO, YOU GOTTA BACK WHAT YOU SAY.......

And I Will Do So...If They Go 3-7... I Wont Watch Another Estill Game... But If You Dont Mind Me Asking How Exactly Would YOU Know If I Didnt Or Didnt???
Benchwarmer Wrote:3-7

Please tell me you are not serious! :confused: They would have to forfeit games to be that bad! :dontthink
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:Now This Just Confuses Me...Why Say They Will Lose Horribly To Powell And Then Say You Dont Care... I'm Just Curious As To What Makes You Really Think That Estill Will Lose HORRIBLY????

They SHOULD NOT lose horribly to ANYONE!! :thumpsup:
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:And I Will Do So...If They Go 3-7... I Wont Watch Another Estill Game... But If You Dont Mind Me Asking How Exactly Would YOU Know If I Didnt Or Didnt???
How would I KNOW if you didn't or didn't?????????????Is that a trick question??? But this tells me if they did(which they won't) that you are not going to back-up your statement.Cool
Oh No... I Will...If In Fact They Do Go 3-7 And I Won't Watch Anymore Estill Games... Its My Brothers Last Year Anyway... So It Wont Be Too Much Trouble... But They Won't Go 3-7 So I Really Have Nothing To Worry About
I don't know'
I heard Estill and Nichalos tied 6-6. You might ought to.
ok rip this may be a little complicated for you but please bare with me. estill runs the double wing offense. our goal is to get 3-5 yards a carry. in a ten play scrimmage when you start from your own 25 yd line you're not gonna score very much. we ran forty plays and i believe 5 of them were under 5 yards. in an actual game we would've controlled the clock and broke nicholas down physically and mentally(kind of like we did powell last year) our defense shut nicholas down for the most part. two interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown. many plays resulted in a loss of yards for nicholas. i dont think estill has to worry about going 3-7.
Wasn't at this one, but was told by someone in attendance that the scrimmage format was 10-10 starting at your own 25. Each team ran 30 plays on each side of the ball (3 series each).
With an understanding how the double wing works, a 10 and 10 is not the best scenario for a dw team. I was told that each time that Estill was on their 10th play they were in the red zone knocking on door and just ran out of plays because it was not a down and distance scrimmage. But it will be great for everone to think that we could just very well be an easy W.Wink Was also told that someone kept stats and that of the 30 plays Estill ran only 6 were for less than 5 yards with the other 24 going for at least 5 or more.
ecqb8 Wrote:ok rip this may be a little complicated for you but please bare with me. estill runs the double wing offense. our goal is to get 3-5 yards a carry. in a ten play scrimmage when you start from your own 25 yd line you're not gonna score very much. we ran forty plays and i believe 5 of them were under 5 yards. in an actual game we would've controlled the clock and broke nicholas down physically and mentally(kind of like we did powell last year) our defense shut nicholas down for the most part. two interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown. many plays resulted in a loss of yards for nicholas. i dont think estill has to worry about going 3-7.

Here at Estill Co. we don't want to wear down the below sub-par teams etc. We should score every time we touch the ball. I have heard about how fast we are, how strong and quick. We don't make excuses due to the type of scrimmage we play. A long time fan told me he expected more than he saw. Point 1: If you are a player here at Estill, you have no business being on these sites period. These are used to get in your head, and it is working. Point 2: We DEFINATELY have NO RIGHT to talk any kind of game being around 6-24 the last 3 years. Please if you are not a player, do not say we will wear down below sub-par teams. We should expect the game to be over at half! If you are a player, I would suggest, stay off these sites because once someone is in your head, they have you where they want you!!
RUNNING DOWNHILL Wrote:Wasn't at this one, but was told by someone in attendance that the scrimmage format was 10-10 starting at your own 25. Each team ran 30 plays on each side of the ball (3 series each).
With an understanding how the double wing works, a 10 and 10 is not the best scenario for a dw team. I was told that each time that Estill was on their 10th play they were in the red zone knocking on door and just ran out of plays because it was not a down and distance scrimmage. But it will be great for everone to think that we could just very well be an easy W.Wink Was also told that someone kept stats and that of the 30 plays Estill ran only 6 were for less than 5 yards with the other 24 going for at least 5 or more.

What happens if we don't score on our 10th play and they score on their 1st or 2nd? As a native I CAN say "we NEED to stay away from EXCUSES"!!!!
there's a difference between "talking game" and defending yourself. not making excuses, just using basic logic. 10x5=50, not 75. the only person that is getting in my head is you. i'd like to know why a "native" such as yourself is on this site putting fellow natives down instead of defending the engineers.
ecqb8 Wrote:there's a difference between "talking game" and defending yourself. not making excuses, just using basic logic. 10x5=50, not 75. the only person that is getting in my head is you. i'd like to know why a "native" such as yourself is on this site putting fellow natives down instead of defending the engineers.

I am not putting Estill down, just stating plain facts!!! The way we defend ourselves at Estill is on the field, not on the computer or talking. We have done that here since 1973, we have never been respected but we earned it on the field. So when we run our mouths or "defend ourselves" it makes us look like CRAP! You definately have no idea how much pride and tradition runs through Estill Co. Think about it, I am not putting us down, defend ourselves on the field!
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)