•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Football 2007
OLDTIMER#1 Wrote:Sounds like you guys need to look up some history. You make Estill sound like they are just starting Football.

How much history do you now about Estill football old timer?:confused:
F.N.L. Wrote:How much history do you now about Estill football old timer?:confused:
More than you or anyone on this site!!!!
OLDTIMER#1 Wrote:More than you or anyone on this site!!!!

Pretty bold comment there oldtimer.

Please leave the personal attacks out of the discussion. It is about Estil 2007. Not who has the most knowledge of the entire football program.
Estill has had some great players over the years
(Wiseman, Abney, Bennett, the Nieces, Richardson,)
and some very fine teams. They have faced tough
district competiton over the years (Lincoln Co.,
Rockcastle Co., Russell) and have not come out
favorably in big games. They do NOT have a consistent
tradition of excellence in football, but, like so
many school with low numbers in football, every so often
a group comes along and posts good win totals. The
effect of talent upon coaching is greater than the effect
of coaching upon talent: coaches, for the most part, know
the sport and work extremely hard. While debate is interesting,
even a modicum of logic often goes out the window. As
the commercial says, "clean it up."
We also have never had a feeder program at Estill either. I started a youth program 5 years ago and this years freshman are the first group out of it. So if we can keep this youth program going you will be able to see more changes years to come. Everyone knows you need some sort of feeder program to be successful. This is why I'm working my butt off trying to make changes.
one playoff game, but to hear them talk it was every year
pikeville used to play weak schedule, and was healthy going into playoffs
thanks, appreciate the props for coach jones, estill was in playoffs jones second yr and third year, 2 yrs ago started 9 freshmen, those 9 were soph last year, 3 yrs ago had two outstanding rbs. move out, the neers need to start with success like they ended last year, they didnt want the season to end
yea they do, its time, estill has not had a good coaching staff until last yr, everything is much better, back in those day estill had a good staff, hey coach jones and bebo did those two playoff yrs all by their lonesome, now they have the staff, and been preparing those 9 jrs for two yrs
coach jones is the problem. i think mike yeagle at beechwood, ivan mcglone at russell, some guys in ga and fla, would say, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
VLW53 Wrote:We also have never had a feeder program at Estill either. I started a youth program 5 years ago and this years freshman are the first group out of it. So if we can keep this youth program going you will be able to see more changes years to come. Everyone knows you need some sort of feeder program to be successful. This is why I'm working my butt off trying to make changes.

Exactly right and thats why we are gonna improve and keep on improving we have athletes that know football and know our system and it all starts with the youth league and the dedication by the people that coach it just because they love the game and to around the kids and its looking pretty good
i think estill will do pretty good....they will lose to breathitt an fleming....powell will be a toss up....whichever team scores frst will be the victors....the rest they will definitely win.
bluegrassballa Wrote:i think estill will do pretty good....they will lose to breathitt an fleming....powell will be a toss up....whichever team scores frst will be the victors....the rest they will definitely win.

If Powell is a toss up, everyone they play except BC and FC will be a toss up!!!
F.N.L. Wrote:You have a good attitude jc. You need to remember other people have been where you are, so they may know a little more.
tell 'um TEEN WOLF(LOL)
Estill has a good solid center in the Pucket kid. Can't wait to see the match up vs. Powell's 6'3, 330 lb nose guard who benches 350lbs.(HARLAN ELAM). Alot of people mistake Harlan for soft, BUT I PROMISE YOU , HE WILL NOT BE SOFT AND HE'S GOT SOMETHING TO PROVE IN THIS ONE.
This game will be a defining moment for Harlan. HE WILL TAKE NO PRISONERS OR LEAVE NO DOUBT. Not a player on Estill's line will match his size or strength. Now all Estill will do is double team him but he defeats double teams on a daily basis.
All this " BE ONE FOUR LEGGED MAN" crap don't work in this one. I promise you he will knock centers backwards. 6'3, 330 and comming off the ball with " SOMETHING TO PROVE VS. ESTILL".
RIP_28 Wrote:This game will be a defining moment for Harlan. HE WILL TAKE NO PRISONERS OR LEAVE NO DOUBT. Not a player on Estill's line will match his size or strength. Now all Estill will do is double team him but he defeats double teams on a daily basis.

I watched Russell's noseguard in 05 get double teamed many times and he was only 6' and 225. He went up against several big centers and never really had any problems with them. If the Elam kid can't at his size there is a definate problem.
Our line will have no problem containing this harlan kid. the ball will be by him before he even gets out of his stance. the double wing offense just happens too fast for a 300+ lb lineman to stop.
ok so this nose guard is big and strong...right? ok. he better be quick if he wants to stop our offense. he's got about a second before we make the pitch and the wingback is across the line with 4 blockers in front of him. this guy is gonna have his work cut out for him if he plans to stop us on his own, but then again he probably won't even be out of his stance by the time the ball crosses the line of scrimmage.
RIP_28 Wrote:tell 'um TEEN WOLF(LOL)

tryin' too Boiler Man! Elam kid at Powell is as good as he wants to be. They should be solid up front. If the new system is hitting early, they will give people fits.
Just curious, what does he have to prove against Estill? Wasn't Ledford out last year when they played?
I hear they are working triple teams on him? Any truth? If so, that leaves most offenses bad out numbered up front. If he is that tough and has the grades, he should be D-1 or at least 1-AA.
RIP_28 Wrote:This game will be a defining moment for Harlan. HE WILL TAKE NO PRISONERS OR LEAVE NO DOUBT. Not a player on Estill's line will match his size or strength. Now all Estill will do is double team him but he defeats double teams on a daily basis.

My thoughts are that he can be as big as a house and he can practice against double teams in practice but can he take four quarters of getting pounded play after play after play? Size is great but not always enough. Alot of guys look good in the gym and in uniform but when it comes down to it is your giant gonna "Get down or Lay down?"
I love it when an opposing team is so worried that they try to play mind games with the players.... Little do they know how mentally tough Estill is!!!!
NEERSFAN2270 Wrote:I love it when an opposing team is so worried that they try to play mind games with the players.... Little do they know how mentally tough Estill is!!!!

I would like to second that comment. I love it that Estill has gotten in so many peoples heads on here. I think that the kid from Powell being focused on us may cause him problems because he should be focusing on game 1 and worry about game 3 when it's time.:howdy:
Neersfan Wrote:I would like to second that comment. I love it that Estill has gotten in so many peoples heads on here. I think that the kid from Powell being focused on us may cause him problems because he should be focusing on game 1 and worry about game 3 when it's time.:howdy:
I totally agree. Some of Powell's opposition may have to give Estill partial credit for their victories over Powell....
this kid may be big and strong but how quick is he cuz thats what it comes down to if a nose guard is gonna be succesful against our offense. id be willing to bet he'll still be in his stance by the time the ball crosses the line of scrimmage.
Why would that be? Sounds like Estill is saying and doing the same things on here. Sounds like the horn is blowing before the train has even started moving.
Neersfan Wrote:My thoughts are that he can be as big as a house and he can practice against double teams in practice but can he take four quarters of getting pounded play after play after play? Size is great but not always enough. Alot of guys look good in the gym and in uniform but when it comes down to it is your giant gonna "Get down or Lay down?"

If he is taking up that much space and personell, his opponents will be taking 4 quarters of pounding as well. The offense will be out numbered any way you want to look at it.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next