•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Football 2007
Word has it, Fleming requested the move.
Neersfan Wrote:You might want to know that based on the change in the classes the schedule was pretty well made up by the end of last season. Also know this fact that we dropped no one from our schedule they dropped us for their new district and all of the other teams that are on the schedule this year called us up to play when we were sitting at 0-5 last season. All of a sudden Estill's not a push over and some people are worried. Whether you like us or don't like get used to us because we will be in your face every week on here and in the paper!:ChairHit:
I have noticed in the last few years some of the teams who have beaten Estill have not been invited back to play. Estill has too much talent to be playing the schedule they are playing this year. Say what you want, they padded the schedule. The kids don't deserve false security by beating teams and the game be over by half.
thecoacher Wrote:Fleming was asked to move to even out the districts. If Fleming would have stayed in their old district that would have made a 6 team district (Russell, Mason, East Carter, West Carter, Lewis and Fleming). The other district would have had 4 teams (Breathitt, Estill, Powell, and Cawood) with Cawood leaving, possibly after 1 year. Fleming County already played Breathittt, Powell, and Estill and they were geographically closer to them than any other team in their old district. Now you have two 5 team districts and even if Cawood leaves, the district will still be full (4 teams). So, I don't think Fleming chose Breathitt over Russell, it just worked out that way.
Word has it, Fleming requested the move.
F.N.L. Wrote:Word has it, Fleming requested the move.

I know, the KHSAA posted the reasons why people were moved up a class or from one district to another and it has Flemings reason as the coaches request. However, I can guarantee you that Fleming County (Coach Peterson) was contacted by Gary Deerborne (KHSAA representative from Pendleton County) and asked if they would consider moving. Coach Peterson said yes and they had him fill out the form. If you look at the KHSAA site you will see that many schools requested moves and were denied, if the KHSAA did not want this to take place it would have been denied.
I really don't think Fleming was running from Russell or that new district (they still play many of those teams including Mason County). I also don't think they chose Breathitt over Russell (their track record is about the same against both schools). I think they went with the district that will be more balanced in number of teams allowing them more freedom to play non-district games.
As far as travel goes, the only new trip will be Cawood and that should be a one time deal. The other trips (Breathitt, Powell, and Estill) are not much different than Russell, East Carter, West Carter and Morgan County.
F.N.L. Wrote:I have noticed in the last few years some of the teams who have beaten Estill have not been invited back to play. Estill has too much talent to be playing the schedule they are playing this year. Say what you want, they padded the schedule. The kids don't deserve false security by beating teams and the game be over by half.

We didn't pad the schedule. Like I said it was made by the end of last season by teams calling us and the reclassification. Those teams apparently felt that they could get an easy win by playing us this year. If we still ran the spread they probably would and if we get the big head and believe like some on here do that our schedule is soft we will be right back at 3-7. We are still fairly young in numbers but the attitude is what has changed. The wonderful thing about football is that anybody can beat anybody on any given friday night. I just look forward to putting the pads on seeing what we have. The passing leagues are great but really don't show you what you have , ya know.
Neersfan Wrote:We didn't pad the schedule. Like I said it was made by the end of last season by teams calling us and the reclassification. Those teams apparently felt that they could get an easy win by playing us this year. If we still ran the spread they probably would and if we get the big head and believe like some on here do that our schedule is soft we will be right back at 3-7. We are still fairly young in numbers but the attitude is what has changed. The wonderful thing about football is that anybody can beat anybody on any given friday night. I just look forward to putting the pads on seeing what we have. The passing leagues are great but really don't show you what you have , ya know.
Especially when you're the Engineers.
Neersfan Wrote:We didn't pad the schedule. Like I said it was made by the end of last season by teams calling us and the reclassification. Those teams apparently felt that they could get an easy win by playing us this year. If we still ran the spread they probably would and if we get the big head and believe like some on here do that our schedule is soft we will be right back at 3-7. We are still fairly young in numbers but the attitude is what has changed. The wonderful thing about football is that anybody can beat anybody on any given friday night. I just look forward to putting the pads on seeing what we have. The passing leagues are great but really don't show you what you have , ya know.
I am almost positive all those teams would not call you all, the coaches calling works both ways. I am not trying to disgrace Estill Co football, just saying if you all don't go 8-2 or 9-1regular season, you may need to see where the problem is!!!!
thecoacher Wrote:I know, the KHSAA posted the reasons why people were moved up a class or from one district to another and it has Flemings reason as the coaches request. However, I can guarantee you that Fleming County (Coach Peterson) was contacted by Gary Deerborne (KHSAA representative from Pendleton County) and asked if they would consider moving. Coach Peterson said yes and they had him fill out the form. If you look at the KHSAA site you will see that many schools requested moves and were denied, if the KHSAA did not want this to take place it would have been denied.
I really don't think Fleming was running from Russell or that new district (they still play many of those teams including Mason County). I also don't think they chose Breathitt over Russell (their track record is about the same against both schools). I think they went with the district that will be more balanced in number of teams allowing them more freedom to play non-district games.
As far as travel goes, the only new trip will be Cawood and that should be a one time deal. The other trips (Breathitt, Powell, and Estill) are not much different than Russell, East Carter, West Carter and Morgan County.
Makes more sense, rumors flow.
jc#44 Wrote:hey fnl thats wat where out to do again and the past is the past and forget about this is now and where comin back to make a team that the best teams wont wanna play because we are going to pur a beatin on any team that gets in our way trample the weak hurdle the dead thats our moto
IF you DON'T have a PAST, you can't have a future!
Neersfan Wrote:You might want to know that based on the change in the classes the schedule was pretty well made up by the end of last season. Also know this fact that we dropped no one from our schedule they dropped us for their new district and all of the other teams that are on the schedule this year called us up to play when we were sitting at 0-5 last season. All of a sudden Estill's not a push over and some people are worried. Whether you like us or don't like get used to us because we will be in your face every week on here and in the paper!:ChairHit:
Where is Mercer, Rockastle, Madison Southern? I understand you have to change to form districts. But Phelps and Berea outside the district, come on. Madison Southern is the same distance as Berea and there are 20 teams closer than Phelps!!
RIP_28 Wrote:Estill could win 6 games. Powell won't be 1 of them though.
I am not sure Powell will be adapted enough to the new system to beat Estill. They play early in the season.
srixon2 Wrote:How did Whitaker do at Madison Southern when he was there?
He didn't coach at Madison Southern!
Lucky13 Wrote:Especially when you're the Engineers.

I agreeSmile
F.N.L. Wrote:I am almost positive all those teams would not call you all, the coaches calling works both ways. I am not trying to disgrace Estill Co football, just saying if you all don't go 8-2 or 9-1regular season, you may need to see where the problem is!!!!

So you are saying this team that was 3-7 last year should go 9-1? Which means they will beat everyone one thier schedule and also either beat Breathitt or Fleming. So by going 9-1 they would have to beat Fleming or Breathitt and if they don't beat one of those two you should "see where the problem is (just because they don't beat one of two really good teams) ???? It's good to have high expectations, but should you start looking "where the problem is" if they go 8-2 or 7-3? Let's not forget that Powell is supposed to be very much improved and Cawood has a new staff and everyone down that way is expecting big things out of them also. It just appears that someone is on a witch hunt??????:confused:
RUNNING DOWNHILL Wrote:That was a tough district on 03. Even though Estill was 8-2, they were the 4 seed. A testament to how tough that district was that year. 1 seed Russell beat 4 North Oldham 21-6/ 2 seed Fleming beat Mercer 42-35/ 3 seed East Carter beat Newport 45-6 / 4 seed Estill lost to Lloyd 62-28. 2nd round Lloyd beats Fleming 63-28, 3rd round Lloyd beats Russell 30-12. You may call Estill beating Russell and losing to Fleming and East not consistant, but maybe it could be that Russell was the one not being consistant, overlooking Estill and getting thier only district loss ever in that district.
Russell was on their heels the whole night. Estill earned the win in 2003. Probably the best game the school has ever played.
DevilsWin Wrote:Russell was on their heels the whole night. Estill earned the win in 2003. Probably the best game the school has ever played.
I would agree with that. Fleming had Marshall all over the field that night which caused a lot of match up problems with Estill, and East Carter played a great game against Estill that year, which resulted in a one point win.
F.N.L. Wrote:IF you DON'T have a PAST, you can't have a future!

yea that is true but the past is long forgotten with estill county we have a new team and a new season and future and what happend last year dosnt mean nothing to us and what happend 10 years ago dosnt mean anything to us just come watch us play you say our scheduel is weak and you can belive what you want but i know for a fact that we arnt weak and that we dont care who we play we are gonna go balls out on every play and where gonna punish anyone that gets in our way
RUNNING DOWNHILL Wrote:So you are saying this team that was 3-7 last year should go 9-1? Which means they will beat everyone one thier schedule and also either beat Breathitt or Fleming. So by going 9-1 they would have to beat Fleming or Breathitt and if they don't beat one of those two you should "see where the problem is (just because they don't beat one of two really good teams) ???? It's good to have high expectations, but should you start looking "where the problem is" if they go 8-2 or 7-3? Let's not forget that Powell is supposed to be very much improved and Cawood has a new staff and everyone down that way is expecting big things out of them also. It just appears that someone is on a witch hunt??????:confused:
Look at the schedule. They can't help but go 8-2 at the minimum. The teams they are playing didn't have a combined 15-20 wins last year. They have had 1 winning season in the last 10 plus years. They should have another this year, but out in the first round of playoffs. If not, big problem somewhere!
jc#44 Wrote:yea that is true but the past is long forgotten with estill county we have a new team and a new season and future and what happend last year dosnt mean nothing to us and what happend 10 years ago dosnt mean anything to us just come watch us play you say our scheduel is weak and you can belive what you want but i know for a fact that we arnt weak and that we dont care who we play we are gonna go balls out on every play and where gonna punish anyone that gets in our way
You all should punish everyone you play, look up their past! Breathitt and Fleming are going to be difference makers, Fleming is less physical than Breathitt. The past means more than you think! Best of luck!
Lucky13 Wrote:I would agree with that. Fleming had Marshall all over the field that night which caused a lot of match up problems with Estill, and East Carter played a great game against Estill that year, which resulted in a one point win.
Estill should have beat Fleming by 3 TD's that year. Estill had NO DEFENSE against anyone except Nicholas Co. and Powell Co. Look up 03', it don't lie. How Russell didn't score more is ridiculous.
DevilsWin Wrote:Russell was on their heels the whole night. Estill earned the win in 2003. Probably the best game the school has ever played.
I wouldn't go that far. That school has a long history. They have beaten some pretty good teams.
So you are saying if Estill don't go 8-2 and win a playoff game, there, "is a big problem"?

Remember how the playoff format has changed. To win a playoff game means that they will either a) Probably have to beat Cawood, Powell, and one of the big two in the reg. season to have a higher seed and play at home. or b) Beat Cawood, and or Powell being a 3 or 4 seed and beat one of the big two in the playoffs.

It seems that you have some type of axe to grind with someone at Estill ???? Who has made you so bitter towards the Neers?

I mean seriously, you are implying that If you were to go let's say 7-3, and loose to Breathitt or Fleming in the 1st round of the playoffs there "is a big problem"?????

Looks like someone is on a witch hunt.
From 1990 to 1999 Estill had 3 winning seasons, and one playoff win with 2 diff. HC's. The current HC did not start at Estill until 2001.

Does this meet the criteria for "a big problem somewhere"?

The current HC has been there 6 of the last 10 years that has been mentioned in another post about only having one winning season in the last ten years. the one before him was there two years, and to round out the 10 years in question was the last year of another HC.
[quote=RUNNING DOWNHILL]From 1990 to 1999 Estill had 3 winning seasons, and one playoff win with 2 diff. HC's. The current HC did not start at Estill until 2001.

Does this meet the criteria for "a big problem somewhere"?

The current HC has been there 6 of the last 10 years that has been mentioned in another post about only having one winning season in the last ten years. the one before him was there two years, and to round out the 10 years in question was the last year of another HC.[/quote]

With old age my math is getting pretty bad. The above was only 9 years......change the underlined part to last two years of another HC.

Once you get past the big 50, it seems that one starts to slip a little!!!
Have you seen the talent that has went through that program. I see them usually once a year maybe twice. I am just saying it has been on a steay downhill ride. Now that the schedule is what it is, think about it. Is Powell or Cawood really going to give Estill fits? Pineville is not, Bourbon longest losing streak in the state, Phelps lost to Powell who won one game, Magoffin won 3, Knott Co usually not upper tier? No axes to grind here, just stating facts. They should be loaded. They should have 7 of the 10 games out of hand by the half!
F.N.L. Wrote:Have you seen the talent that has went through that program. I see them usually once a year maybe twice. I am just saying it has been on a steay downhill ride. Now that the schedule is what it is, think about it. Is Powell or Cawood really going to give Estill fits? Pineville is not, Bourbon longest losing streak in the state, Phelps lost to Powell who won one game, Magoffin won 3, Knott Co usually not upper tier? No axes to grind here, just stating facts. They should be loaded. They should have 7 of the 10 games out of hand by the half!
Sounds like you guys need to look up some history. You make Estill sound like they are just starting Football.
Not trying to imply that. I guess the main point I'm trying to make is that the talent/records over the past couple of decades have been cyclical. There will be a couple of down years, then things improve, and then they usually peak out with a really good team and then fall back down again. Not trying to make it seem like they were your stereotypical cellar dwellers. Estill does have some tradition, and a reputation of getting after people. Word is in Irvine, that the Junior class has some promise, the Freshman class has alot of #'s and talent, also the 8th grade team at the Middle School is expecting to gave a pretty good year. So let's hope that the BIG E is on the upswing and will ride out this peak and sustain a little longer.

Russell is a class act as far as football team staff and fans go. When went in there last year we didn't know what to think but at the end the better football team won. I was sorry to see the state finals end the way it did but they played a great game comsodering that Mercer should have really been considered a class higher than the one they were playing in. They had two schools combined into one team and should been playing 3A.
F.N.L. Wrote:You all should punish everyone you play, look up their past! Breathitt and Fleming are going to be difference makers, Fleming is less physical than Breathitt. The past means more than you think! Best of luck!

ok you say that it dose and you can go on and belive that but from what i know about football you can be a team that wins less than 5 games on season and the next go undefeated see FNL the past is a greater thing in history but in football what happend a year ago dosnt mean a thing i just hope that you can come and realize that
jc#44 Wrote:ok you say that it dose and you can go on and belive that but from what i know about football you can be a team that wins less than 5 games on season and the next go undefeated see FNL the past is a greater thing in history but in football what happend a year ago dosnt mean a thing i just hope that you can come and realize that
You have a good attitude jc. You need to remember other people have been where you are, so they may know a little more.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next