Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
14th Region 2020
Estill County is the region tournament host for 2020.

2019 has two games left (currently one in progress) and the regional championship.

Hazard loses 4. Andy Baker, Daltom Baker, Bailey Blair, Kyle Johnson. All are listed as pitchers on KHSAA.

Estill County. Returns nearly everyone. Loses McCreary, Rison, Chaney, Seales and three others that didn't see much playing time.

Powell County loses 5. Skidmore, Andersen, Brooks, Merion, Poe.

Breathitt County loses 6. O'Hair, Correll, Gross, Hall, Hamilton, Stacy.

Knott Central loses 5. Ka. Hofsess, Gibson, Combs, Hollon, Jacob's

Perry Central loses 2. Couch, Spurlock.

Letcher Central loses 3. Hardin, Kincer, Slone.

Who's everyone's top 5? Favorite going into.the season?
Only Jacobs and Hofsess played significant for knott this year. That is only 2 that knott will have to replace in lineup next year. Knott started 2 seniors , 2 juniors and 5 sophomores this year. A very young team.
jacobcody2 Wrote:Only Jacobs and Hofsess played significant for knott this year. That is only 2 that knott will have to replace in lineup next year. Knott started 2 seniors , 2 juniors and 5 sophomores this year. A very young team.

This two names you mentioned on monumental in their batting order. Estill loses only 1 bat and a first baseman who didn’t hit much. Estill has to be the favorite going into the season. Doesn’t mean much until they prove it though. Adams will be your region player of the year if he stays healthy!
I’ll make my projections after the trade deadline. Need to see who all ends up where. Lol
Hazard will be young next year but still very talented. Although losing the group of seniors we have would be very difficult for any program, I would not count next years team out. Go Dawgs!
Hazard will be very solid next season. Meehan will have them ready.
[Image: https://media1.giphy.com/media/l0IypeKl9.../giphy.gif] Bolz the BOE and the warroom been hopping like a mutha! BoPo wants answers to the fast exit to the baseball and softball team bruthas! Magz said bring Dr Phil in here and we need to freaking talk baby!CT was bonkers with no district championship in softball. Track team and tennis team going to stata and other spring sports brought home no tatas! Dr Phil said baby its time to freaking rise! Brought a tear to ole Fatpats eye cuz this what we talking about boi! #psychology400ishighscalestuff More mash taters please!!!
Hazard
Estill
Knott
Breathitt
PCC
Letcher
Powell
Leslie
Wolfe
Lee
Buckhorn
Owsley
Jackson City
Cordia
Don't be overlooking Leslie. Only lost two seniors last year so they are bringing back 6 starters. Hear that Coach Hubbard has had them in the weight room on the same program as the football team, expect bigger power hitting bodies and stronger arms. When I drive by the field coming through Leslie, there is always a kid or two down on the field.. They seem to be hungry after a disappointing season last year.
MaroonPancakes Wrote:Don't be overlooking Leslie. Only lost two seniors last year so they are bringing back 6 starters. Hear that Coach Hubbard has had them in the weight room on the same program as the football team, expect bigger power hitting bodies and stronger arms. When I drive by the field coming through Leslie, there is always a kid or two down on the field.. They seem to be hungry after a disappointing season last year.

As a Leslie fan and alumni, I can assure you that our baseball program is at least a few years out from being competitive. I watched several games last year and it was not pretty. So although i hope those boys are working their butts off to get better and I hope they have a great season... I do not look for us to be competitive this year. But as always, Go Eagles!
Estill plays the frosh at first and he gets swings, they will be solid
Hazard
Estill
Knott
Perry Central
Letcher
Upthemiddel Wrote:Hazard
Estill
Knott
Perry Central
Letcher

Perry
Estill
Knott
Hazard
Breathitt
The season is here! I am not sure what everyone's teams are up to, but I do know they have to be in full swing!! I am sure there are a couple basketball guys still missing from each team, but should be a fun season ahead! Looking forward to a competitive, safe season for all teams!

Top 5:

1.) Estill
2.) Hazard
3.) Perry
4.) Knott
5.) The Field
Looking for leslie county to surprise a few people this year. Theme boys have put in more work than ive ever seen a leslie basbeball team put in. Driving by the field of the evenings, coach Hubbard and coach asher has had theme guys focused for months. Should be a good season for theme
Eagleln Wrote:Looking for leslie county to surprise a few people this year. Theme boys have put in more work than ive ever seen a leslie basbeball team put in. Driving by the field of the evenings, coach Hubbard and coach asher has had theme guys focused for months. Should be a good season for theme

I'g gonna defer to Elite Eagle on this one. Do not think Leslie will be competitive this year at all in that district with Hazard and Perry. Few years away it sounds like. Just because a team puts in the work, doesn't mean they will be good. Baseball more so than any other sport, has to have talent on the field.
jumpshooter Wrote:I'g gonna defer to Elite Eagle on this one. Do not think Leslie will be competitive this year at all in that district with Hazard and Perry. Few years away it sounds like. Just because a team puts in the work, doesn't mean they will be good. Baseball more so than any other sport, has to have talent on the field.

Well said! I would be thrilled for my Eagles to come out and surprise me this season!
So you sayn there’s no athletes at Leslie in all sports. You really wouldn’t know what a athlete is. They have several athletes I’m pretty sure it’s a lot to do with coaching Hubbard and Asher do pretty good job to be just getting started as of other sports coaching is a real joke the athletes are there pal
eagles31 Wrote:So you sayn there’s no athletes at Leslie in all sports. You really wouldn’t know what a athlete is. They have several athletes I’m pretty sure it’s a lot to do with coaching Hubbard and Asher do pretty good job to be just getting started as of other sports coaching is a real joke the athletes are there pal

Who said anything about athletes? I said TALENT. Just because you are an athlete doesn't mean that translates into skill in a sport, especially baseball.
eagles31 Wrote:So you sayn there’s no athletes at Leslie in all sports. You really wouldn’t know what a athlete is. They have several athletes I’m pretty sure it’s a lot to do with coaching Hubbard and Asher do pretty good job to be just getting started as of other sports coaching is a real joke the athletes are there pal

I think you may have misunderstood our discussion... or maybe taken it to personal.
Hazard
Perry
Estill
Knott
Wolfe
Upthemiddel Wrote:Estill plays the frosh at first and he gets swings, they will be solid
Estill has some good freshmen too? Who should we watch out for?
CAT_FANATIC Wrote:Hazard
Perry
Estill
Knott
Wolfe

No way that Wolfe is in top 5 lol. They were last place in the 55th last year. Hazard lost everyone they had. Perry is the front runner followed by Estill, Knott, and Hazard. Breathitt will be Wolfe by 10+ every time they play this year.
clevland Wrote:No way that Wolfe is in top 5 lol. They were last place in the 55th last year. Hazard lost everyone they had. Perry is the front runner followed by Estill, Knott, and Hazard. Breathitt will be Wolfe by 10+ every time they play this year.

I would like to hear the reasoning behind this. Estill lost ZERO production from a year ago and return all their arms. I could see some putting Hazard ahead of Estill because of a dominant run they have had, but how Perry? Not saying you're necessarily wrong, just want the logic behind the thought.
CAT_FANATIC Wrote:Estill has some good freshmen too? Who should we watch out for?

Estill is a baseball school and always will be. The talent level will never deplete. They have a strong little league program and middle school. Estill has the advantage of being veterans this season while still being relatively young. They will only have like 2-3 seniors on the roster this year (one of those being the best player in the region in Micah Adams). Estill will be a force in this region for years to come.

This years Estill team reminds me of Hazard. They are experienced players and they have a heck of a lot of talented arms. That is a recipe for a great year and deep run in the postseason.
If Estill keeps it simple, 2 Freshman, 3 Soph, 4-5 Jrs and 2-3 Seniors in a hot rotation and they keep there deep pitching staff healthy, Innings managed, play glove and hit consistently they should go far.
clevland Wrote:No way that Wolfe is in top 5 lol. They were last place in the 55th last year. Hazard lost everyone they had. Perry is the front runner followed by Estill, Knott, and Hazard. Breathitt will be Wolfe by 10+ every time they play this year.

Lost everyone they had?? They did lose 4 very outstanding starters, but they return 5 starters including one of best pitchers in region in Jarrett Napier and one of the best hitters in region the last couple of years in Trayjon Campbell. Plus solid 3B Smiley Ford, OF Garrett Miller and OF Max Johnson and Utility man Sawyer Patrick, who all started last year
VICTORY FORMATION Wrote:Lost everyone they had?? They did lose 4 very outstanding starters, but they return 5 starters including one of best pitchers in region in Jarrett Napier and one of the best hitters in region the last couple of years in Trayjon Campbell. Plus solid 3B Smiley Ford, OF Garrett Miller and OF Max Johnson and Utility man Sawyer Patrick, who all started last year

You will have to forgive some people on here lol. Hazard will be tough year after year, no matter how they many they lose. However, this year, they did lose A LOT of talent. Will they be there at the end of the year? Of course, they always are! But it will be tough to replace all the talent they lost, even though they have solid returning production and talent to fill in.
It's March baby!! It's baseball month baby!! How is everyone's team shaping up so far?!?!
[Image: https://d1nwosmzpc2sru.cloudfront.net/di...f-cart.jpg] Bolz shoutout to CT and the BOE for the new ride up the hilla!Hamburglar primed for another run tater style!The team is shaping up but ole Fatpat is working on the physique as we speak knockin back some cheese puffs and some Ale8 brutha! #wifebeaterweather #wideopen #stillneedmorelegroom More mash taters please!!!