Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Anybody Else Be At Bengals Training Camp?
July 27th to August 15th at Georgetown College. Will anybody else be attending any of the days? If so, look for me and come say hi (last year it wasn't hard to pick me out of the crowd because I was the only person in a wheelchair, if that's the case again, it will be a dead give-away which one is me Smile )
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Hopefully I will be able to go down there...
I would love to go but I don't think I can get off from work through the week and on the weekend I am usually busy in town. I will be watching closely from home.
Aside from parole officers, the KSP, FBI, CIA, and DEA I don't anyone that will be there............
...Your really cool...thats so funny man.
NEXT Wrote:Aside from parole officers, the KSP, FBI, CIA, and DEA I don't anyone that will be there............

That was hilarious, I'd like to think you thought of that yourself, but judging from the lack of originality, I doubt it.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I bet it will kinda resemble the Guards vs Cons game in "The Longest Yard". LOL!!!!
So funny..
I will probably be there. Tried to go last year but wasn't able to. Now that I have a different position with my employer, I should be able to attend. I lived in Georgetown the first couple of years the Bengals came to Georgetown. It was pretty fun then. I have heard though that they don't let the players just wonder around and sign autographs quite like they used to.
BCF4L Wrote:I will probably be there. Tried to go last year but wasn't able to. Now that I have a different position with my employer, I should be able to attend. I lived in Georgetown the first couple of years the Bengals came to Georgetown. It was pretty fun then. I have heard though that they don't let the players just wonder around and sign autographs quite like they used to.

last year, on their way out, they just walked along the crowd line and signed autographs
BFritz Wrote:That was hilarious, I'd like to think you thought of that yourself, but judging from the lack of originality, I doubt it.

Forget about all the haters on here, man. The Bengals are going to have a big bounce-back year this season. With a healthy Carson and a much easier schedule, you would have to consider them Super Bowl contenders.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NEXT Wrote:Aside from parole officers, the KSP, FBI, CIA, and DEA I don't anyone that will be there............

You sound like one of the analysts on ESPN. "None of the fans will support the team after all of the blah blah blah...." Man Cincinnati has be waiting too long to let a few idiots (players) making bad decisions get in the way of the fans excitment.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:You sound like one of the analysts on ESPN. "None of the fans will support the team after all of the blah blah blah...." Man Cincinnati has be waiting too long to let a few idiots (players) making bad decisions get in the way of the fans excitment.
1 or 2 incidents are forgivable but 9 or 10 arrests in one year! These guys make the Raiders of the 70s look like choir boys.
More Cowbell Wrote:Forget about all the haters on here, man. The Bengals are going to have a big bounce-back year this season. With a healthy Carson and a much easier schedule, you would have to consider them Super Bowl contenders.
Why? They have no defense due to arrests and injuries. Theyre offense is great but defense wins championships. IMO theyll finish 3rd in the division behind the Steelers and Ravens.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Why? They have no defense due to arrests and injuries. Theyre offense is great but defense wins championships. IMO theyll finish 3rd in the division behind the Steelers and Ravens.

That is bold but you are very wrong. You sound completly opposed to diehard Bengals fans by just disagreeing with the fact that most people are still very excited about this team. I would say that the bengals will win the division hands down. !) they have a much much easier schedule from last year and also Carson is completely healthy. Mix the offense of Palmer, Chad, Houshmanzada and Rudi with a favorable schedule and it is no question that the Bengals are favored to win the divsion.
BTW I think that the defense will be better this year with Leon Hall.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:1 or 2 incidents are forgivable but 9 or 10 arrests in one year! These guys make the Raiders of the 70s look like choir boys.

How many of the arrests were for serious things and how many were for stupid pointless stuff? You make them sound like a bunch of murderers, I agree it's still not right, but it's not all that bad. Every NFL team has it, just the Bengals got caught.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:You sound like one of the analysts on ESPN. "None of the fans will support the team after all of the blah blah blah...." Man Cincinnati has be waiting too long to let a few idiots (players) making bad decisions get in the way of the fans excitment.

Exactly, I'll never leave them.

More Cowbell Wrote:Forget about all the haters on here, man. The Bengals are going to have a big bounce-back year this season. With a healthy Carson and a much easier schedule, you would have to consider them Super Bowl contenders.

Amen brother, Amen........... Brings a huge smile to my face.

Scotty doesn't know Wrote:That is bold but you are very wrong. You sound completly opposed to diehard Bengals fans by just disagreeing with the fact that most people are still very excited about this team. I would say that the bengals will win the division hands down. !) they have a much much easier schedule from last year and also Carson is completely healthy. Mix the offense of Palmer, Chad, Houshmanzada and Rudi with a favorable schedule and it is no question that the Bengals are favored to win the divsion.
BTW I think that the defense will be better this year with Leon Hall.

Oh, the Bengals defense is better than the Colts defense was, and granted that the Colts defense stepped it up late in the playoffs, but their offense is what carried them. The Bengals were similar with a high-powered offense and lack of a defense, but they've improved it some, not only with Hall, but Ed Hartwell, Earl Everett, Marvin White, and I'm sure there's a few more that I'm leaving out.

Ravens may still have a better defense, and some may say that Willis McGahee may have been a great add, but the Ravens may play more of a smash mouth game, and that doesn't seem like McGahee's style. I think they don't have a good enough quarterback or any receivers even if they did (Mason's like 90). Steelers are a joke.

Right now, it's the Bengals division for the taking.
BFritz Wrote:How many of the arrests were for serious things and how many were for stupid pointless stuff? You make them sound like a bunch of murderers, I agree it's still not right, but it's not all that bad. Every NFL team has it, just the Bengals got caught.

Exactly, I'll never leave them.

Amen brother, Amen........... Brings a huge smile to my face.

Oh, the Bengals defense is better than the Colts defense was, and granted that the Colts defense stepped it up late in the playoffs, but their offense is what carried them. The Bengals were similar with a high-powered offense and lack of a defense, but they've improved it some, not only with Hall, but Ed Hartwell, Earl Everett, Marvin White, and I'm sure there's a few more that I'm leaving out.

Ravens may still have a better defense, and some may say that Willis McGahee may have been a great add, but the Ravens may play more of a smash mouth game, and that doesn't seem like McGahee's style. I think they don't have a good enough quarterback or any receivers even if they did (Mason's like 90). Steelers are a joke.

Right now, it's the Bengals division for the taking.

Wow alot of quoting going onWink Yeah I agree with you. You reminded me of a good point for Hail Pikeville. The Colts freaking WON the super bowl with a sub par defense and a great offense. So are you saying the Bengals can not do the same this year with (IMO) the best offense in the league and if not the best then tied with the Colts.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Why? They have no defense due to arrests and injuries. Theyre offense is great but defense wins championships. IMO theyll finish 3rd in the division behind the Steelers and Ravens.

What an overused cliche. Neither offense nor defense wins championships, great teams win championships. You can be evenly balanced as a team, or you can be so dominant on one side of the ball that you overcome whatever deficits are on the other side. All that matters is scoring more than you allow the opponents to get.

As mentioned by others on here, last year's Colts are a prime example of a team that rode a superior offense to the title despite a mediocre defense. I believe the Bengals are capable of making a similar run this year, including winning back the division. Not saying that they'll win the Super Bowl, but they are contenders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:What an overused cliche. Neither offense nor defense wins championships, great teams win championships. You can be evenly balanced as a team, or you can be so dominant on one side of the ball that you overcome whatever deficits are on the other side. All that matters is scoring more than you allow the opponents to get.

As mentioned by others on here, last year's Colts are a prime example of a team that rode a superior offense to the title despite a mediocre defense. I believe the Bengals are capable of making a similar run this year, including winning back the division. Not saying that they'll win the Super Bowl, but they are contenders.

Exactly, and with all of the additions, they could be a solid defense. If they're able to slow teams and stop them a bit, their offense will allow them to blow teams out.
BFritz Wrote:Exactly, and with all of the additions, they could be a solid defense. If they're able to slow teams and stop them a bit, their offense will allow them to blow teams out.

What do you think their record will be for the upcoming season? Iw as looking at their schedule the other day and I saw 3 losses. Pats, 1 of the Ravens games, and a screwed up game some where (Seattle, or Kansas City even though I think they should win those).
So I see us going 13-3 or 12-4.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:What do you think their record will be for the upcoming season? Iw as looking at their schedule the other day and I saw 3 losses. Pats, 1 of the Ravens games, and a screwed up game some where (Seattle, or Kansas City even though I think they should win those).
So I see us going 13-3 or 12-4.

Honestly, I could see 13-3, 12-4, 14-2, 11-5. You're right, I only see possible losses to the Pats, one Baltimore, maybe San Fran, maybe Seattle (depending if Alexander is back to form), big maybe on Kansas City. Any team can be about any team any given Sunday though, that's why they play the game.

However, assuming that Palmer can really be back to '05 form, the Bengals will come out firing every game but will be able to establish stability with Rudi- force teams to respect it. That's assuming that whoever steps in to take Henry's spot for the first 8 can at least give Palmer a target. Marvin Lewis is a defensive-minded coach, and we finally have some defensive players. While the defense may not be great, I think it will be good enough for the offense to take us places.
BFritz Wrote:Honestly, I could see 13-3, 12-4, 14-2, 11-5. You're right, I only see possible losses to the Pats, one Baltimore, maybe San Fran, maybe Seattle (depending if Alexander is back to form), big maybe on Kansas City. Any team can be about any team any given Sunday though, that's why they play the game.

I see a loss to the Pats, splits with the Ravens and Steelers, and toss-ups when they visit San Fran and Seattle. I don't see Cincy losing to the Chiefs (Brodie Croyle? Really?) or to the Titans (w/o Pac-Man to cover 85). I say anywhere from 13-3 to 11-5, so let's just say they split those West Coast games and go 12-4.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I see a loss to the Pats, splits with the Ravens and Steelers, and toss-ups when they visit San Fran and Seattle. I don't see Cincy losing to the Chiefs (Brodie Croyle? Really?) or to the Titans (w/o Pac-Man to cover 85). I say anywhere from 13-3 to 11-5, so let's just say they split those West Coast games and go 12-4.

I had a brain fade and completely forgot about how horrible the Chiefs would really be this year........ The Steelers game is a huge rivalry and always a big game, but they don't worry me. Titans don't worry me at all, especially since Young's on the cover of Madden.
BFritz Wrote:I had a brain fade and completely forgot about how horrible the Chiefs would really be this year........ The Steelers game is a huge rivalry and always a big game, but they don't worry me. Titans don't worry me at all, especially since Young's on the cover of Madden.

Same here regarding the Cheifs. I didn't have the Bengals losing to them but I will say that game is off my list for 'games that could got either way'. I really just see Pats, 1 Raven, with maybe a loss at Seahawks (depending) and a slip up somewhere. I really don't think the Steelers will give us problems, and I don't think San Fran will. So I agree with both of you between 14-2 and 12-4. My prediction.....right don the middle 13-3.
LOL..The Steelers wont give you any problems? LMAO, come on now SDK, I like you and all, but come on now!..The Bengals will be solid this year no doubt, but Im seeing around 10-6. The AFC is sooo loaded, and that division is absolutely sick. There are three very good teams, not only fighting for the playoffs, but any of them could win the division, and Cleveland will be much improved. But playing in the AFC, teams beat each other to death all year long, and crazy things happen at the end of the year. Yeah KC wont be as good as they have been, but they'd be a 10-6 team in the NFC. Theyll be alright, but although improved, that defense is still very suspect, so I see Cincy going 10-6.
me and my brother will try to be there.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:LOL..The Steelers wont give you any problems? LMAO, come on now SDK, I like you and all, but come on now!..The Bengals will be solid this year no doubt, but Im seeing around 10-6. The AFC is sooo loaded, and that division is absolutely sick. There are three very good teams, not only fighting for the playoffs, but any of them could win the division, and Cleveland will be much improved. But playing in the AFC, teams beat each other to death all year long, and crazy things happen at the end of the year. Yeah KC wont be as good as they have been, but they'd be a 10-6 team in the NFC. Theyll be alright, but although improved, that defense is still very suspect, so I see Cincy going 10-6.

I may be a diehard Bengals fan, but I would have to agree with you, Hoss. The Steelers and Bengals have a heated rivalry, and I do see them splitting their games next year. Since it has probably been 15 years since the Bengals swept Pittsburgh, it would take a leap of faith to say this is the year it happens, especially since the Steelers are still a solid playoff contender.

However, I disagree with your prediction of a 10-6 record. The Bengals have a fairly easy schedule compared with last year, and I don't see any worse than 11-5. Cleveland has shown no indication that they can beat Cincy, and KC is going to take a big step back with Brodie Croyle starting at QB. I myself have predicted 12-4 (see my earlier post), with one of those 4 losses at the hands of the Steelers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:LOL..The Steelers wont give you any problems? LMAO, come on now SDK, I like you and all, but come on now!..The Bengals will be solid this year no doubt, but Im seeing around 10-6. The AFC is sooo loaded, and that division is absolutely sick. There are three very good teams, not only fighting for the playoffs, but any of them could win the division, and Cleveland will be much improved. But playing in the AFC, teams beat each other to death all year long, and crazy things happen at the end of the year. Yeah KC wont be as good as they have been, but they'd be a 10-6 team in the NFC. Theyll be alright, but although improved, that defense is still very suspect, so I see Cincy going 10-6.

Big Grin Sorry man! I just don't like the Settlers. I really don't think that the Bengals will have a problem. The Stellers may have the better defense but ole' sucko big ben is NOT a great QB and they won't outscore the Bengals. The Bengals have the better offense and I just think that the Steeler's awesome defense can't contain the Bengals elite offense. The games may be close but I think the Bengals will win. So I know it may seem like a leap of faith but I think that this Bengals team can do it ( at least they should be able to do it). WHO DEY! :letsparty
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Big Grin Sorry man! I just don't like the Settlers. I really don't think that the Bengals will have a problem. The Stellers may have the better defense but ole' sucko big ben is NOT a great QB and they won't outscore the Bengals. The Bengals have the better offense and I just think that the Steeler's awesome defense can't contain the Bengals elite offense. The games may be close but I think the Bengals will win. So I know it may seem like a leap of faith but I think that this Bengals team can do it ( at least they should be able to do it). WHO DEY! :letsparty

The battle with those two teams in recent years has always been high powered offense verse great defense and a horrible defense verse above average offense. This year, it will be high powered offense verse a great, but slightly less great, defense and an average to below average offense verse a defense that looks to have the foundation to be respectable.

Emotions always run high, and you can throw everything out, but, if you look at it on paper, the Bengals are favored.
lol, your pretty much right Fritz..especially that last sentence. Whenever Pittsburgh and Cincy hooks up, you can expect big plays on offense AND defense, and a whole lot of times, special teams make or break your chances of winning (see Ricardo Colclough handing you all the game last year at Heinz, lol)..but no matter what, you can pretty much bank on a split between them. Some way Somehow, itll happen. On paper Cincy is world beaters, and if they were in the NFC, playing a predominately NFC schedule, I wouldnt hesitate to put them at 13-3 or somewhere around there, but the wear and tear in the AFC creates an anything goes end to a season. But, Cincy will sweep Cleveland, split against everybody else in the division. However, I think the top three teams in the division will split against each other as well. I dont think Baltimore is the superteam everybody is picking to win the division though. But all in all, its going to be a fun season. Although I completely disagree with the choice for the Steelers head coach (I was wanting Whisenhunt or Grimm), the Rooneys have proven me wrong before, lol..
BFritz Wrote:The battle with those two teams in recent years has always been high powered offense verse great defense and a horrible defense verse above average offense. This year, it will be high powered offense verse a great, but slightly less great, defense and an average to below average offense verse a defense that looks to have the foundation to be respectable.

Emotions always run high, and you can throw everything out, but, if you look at it on paper, the Bengals are favored.