Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dakotah Euton verbals to UK...
As of today Rose Hill big man is going to play his ball at UK.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/viewprospect....08&sport=2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beat me to it Alfus...

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/101156.html

A reputation for hard work and the Holy Spirit landed Kentucky a commitment from Dakotah Euton, a promising high school sophomore-to-be on Monday.
Euton, a 6-foot-8 forward for Rose Hill in Ashland, committed to UK after a two-hour meeting with Coach Billy Gillispie on Monday morning.
The commitment came as Euton and his parents stopped in Lexington while returning home from his participation in an elite camp at Florida last weekend.
In explaining why he quickly said yes to a scholarship offer from Gillispie, Euton noted how much he liked the UK coaching staff.
“Coach Gillispie told me no coach will outwork him,” Euton said. “I really liked that.”
Euton also noted UK’s tradition and the power of prayer.
“I really prayed about it,” Euton said. “I think this is where God wants me. I said, ‘God, let the Holy Spirit speak to my heart.’”
Euton said he sensed a spiritual epiphany as he showered Monday morning in preparation for meeting with the UK coaches.
“I asked God, ‘When we meet, please don’t let me be nervous,’” Euton said. “He gave me a sense of calmness. He gave me joy.”
Euton joined G.J. Vilarino, a high school junior-to-be from McKinney, Texas, as underclassmen who have committed to Kentucky since Gillispie became coach in April.
Gillispie also signed two celebrated high school seniors, McDonald’s All-American Patrick Patterson and Parade All-American Alex Legion.
This spring, Euton’s father noted the difference Gillispie had made.
Until the change of coaches, Clay Euton said, his son favored Florida. Dakotah Euton described his rooting for Florida as “When I was a kid, I liked whoever the best teams were. I was sort of a bandwagon. I really, really liked Kentucky, too.”
During his weekend at the Florida elite camp, Euton said he worked out with Coach Billy Donovan. The Gators offered a scholarship, which Euton described as “tempting.”
Euton acknowledged that the early commitment means he’ll have to wait three years before joining the UK team.
A lot can happen in three years. After all, in 2005 UK advanced to the region final and came within a rebound of reaching the Final Four. Then-Coach Tubby Smith was celebrated as one of the nation’s top coaches.
“It’s a risk I’m willing to take,” said Euton, who turned 16 on March 10. Gillispie “told me he wasn’t going to back out on me, and I wouldn’t back out on him.”
Will this sure is great news!!!!
Well for those of you that havent watched this kid play he is big but doesnt like to bag around under the basket. He needs to work hard on his inside game or he will be in some big time trouble. He is a great kid dont get me wrong but I think he needs lots and lots of work. Great upside he can fill it up from outside.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Well for those of you that havent watched this kid play he is big but doesnt like to bag around under the basket. He needs to work hard on his inside game or he will be in some big time trouble. He is a great kid dont get me wrong but I think he needs lots and lots of work. Great upside he can fill it up from outside.

He'll get there. He is just barely a Soph...
And he's not ashamed to let anyone know he's a good Christian kid with morals and values. No wonder Tennessee didnt go after him.
Never said anything about that. Just he needs to work a lot on his inside game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Ok so the kid has christian morals and values, what does that have to do with playing basketball? Nothing at all, it doesnt make him a great ballplayer or anything like that, just makes him a good person. Also hes an in state recruit, something UK doesnt need unless they are from around Louisville or Lexington or that surrounding area. Plus hes just a big white kid from northeast ky and sophomore to be, so there is plenty of time for him to change his mind, which is what I hope happens.
SportsFan80 Wrote:Ok so the kid has christian morals and values, what does that have to do with playing basketball? Nothing at all, it doesnt make him a great ballplayer or anything like that, just makes him a good person. Also hes an in state recruit, something UK doesnt need unless they are from around Louisville or Lexington or that surrounding area. Plus hes just a big white kid from northeast ky and sophomore to be, so there is plenty of time for him to change his mind, which is what I hope happens.

Give credit where credit is do. CBG should be heralded for already achomplishing another recruiting achievement. He is not just recruiting a talented thug that will get arrested his sophomore year of college. He is recruiting a soon-to-be solid player with fantastic morals and values. That means this kid has a hard work ethic, diligence and a focused mind which are apparently CBC's player traits. Besides CBC knows what he is looking for in a player and I have all confidnece in his decision to extend the offer.
IT WAS A JOKE ABOUT TENNESSEE PEOPLE. Jeeeeeeeez.
SportsFan80 Wrote:Ok so the kid has christian morals and values, what does that have to do with playing basketball? Nothing at all, it doesnt make him a great ballplayer or anything like that, just makes him a good person. Also hes an in state recruit, something UK doesnt need unless they are from around Louisville or Lexington or that surrounding area. Plus hes just a big white kid from northeast ky and sophomore to be, so there is plenty of time for him to change his mind, which is what I hope happens.

The kid will get bigger and stronger. He is just 16 and a Soph.. Hell, if Billy D liked him, that is good enough for me. As for everything else that you said in you statement though.....:moon: .
Here's the Daily Independent article on Euton.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...52814.html
OffTheHook Wrote:The kid will get bigger and stronger. He is just 16 and a Soph.. Hell, if Billy D liked him, that is good enough for me. As for everything else that you said in you statement though.....:moon: .

You are speaking the truth brother. I feel the same way.

For a kid to come out and publicly say he's a Christian and living a Christian life shows great character. I think a little bit of character is in dire need these days from up-and-coming talented athletes instead of trying to mimick Kobe B.
he is 16 and he is 6 foot 8
that means he will probably grow another inch or 2.
and he has time to get way better.
Deron Feldhaus, John Pelphrey, Richie Farmer, Larry Conley, Anthony Epps, Travis Ford, Joe B. Hall, Reggie Hanson, Rex Chapman, and so on and so on.

What do all those names have in common? All UK quality players NOT from the Louisville or Lexington area. Contrary to "popular" opinion given earlier quality recruits can, have, do, and will come from places in Kentucky other than the Louisville and Lexington area.

Saying that UK only needs to focus on recruiting in "big population" areas is CRAP! I can't argue that most high quality players will come from big cities ---high population means higher numbers of quality bball players. But sometimes good or even great players come from THE STICKS. Just look at Larry Bird ---the Hick from French Lick.

I don't know if the Euton kid is/will be good. It's early and hard to tell... But just saying to write him off because he's from Northeast KY is CRAP. By the way --the Ashland Tomcats have one more state bball championships than any precious Lexington or Louisville School.
firetubbyplease! Wrote:the Ashland Tomcats have one more state bball championships than any precious Lexington or Louisville School.
If I'm not mistaken, haven't the Ashland Tomcats won more high school basketball games than any other high school in the COUNTRY?
StrikeoutKing Wrote:If I'm not mistaken, haven't the Ashland Tomcats won more high school basketball games than any other high school in the COUNTRY?

Ashland is the only Kentucky school to ever win a boys basketball national title.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:If I'm not mistaken, haven't the Ashland Tomcats won more high school basketball games than any other high school in the COUNTRY?

They do lead all state boys teams in all-time wins...

1,677 Ashland Blazer, 1921-02 (1,677-690-1)
1,610 Paducah Tilghman, 1911-02 (1,610-643)
1,578 Central City, 1926-90 (1,578-556)

http://www.khsaa.org/records/basketball/...etball.pdf
It's great to see Gillispie go after KY kids hard early. First Miller, now Euton. Let's hope he is serious about UK. Good luck throughout HS, Dakota. Hope to see you in the Blue & White.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:It's great to see Gillispie go after KY kids hard early. First Miller, now Euton. Let's hope he is serious about UK. Good luck throughout HS, Dakota. Hope to see you in the Blue & White.

With this kid being at Rose Hill he will be playing in the spotlight of so many eager UK fans. I think that seeing so many interested fans will strenghten the support for his earliy decision.

I am extremely excited to see CBC go after these Kentucky boy early (as you mentioned).
Well I dont much care, we will see what happens when the time comes. I will always stick by my mentality of no talent in east ky. Especially big or small white kids. Basketball is a black guys game, and no im not meaning that racially or anything like that. How many successful white players do or have u seen, with exception to Bird, Maravich, and select others. Actually I cant stand the thought of seeing east ky players playing for UK, remember Todd Tackett, he didnt do anything. Besides, most east ky players go to smaller schools, and thats because of one of two things, either they are afraid to go far from home or they dont even get looked at by big schools. Truth be told, the only reason Billy G went after this kid is because he gets or has gotten pressure from spoiled UK fans to go after in state recruits. If I was coach at UK, I would never look at anyone in east ky, I would keep my recruiting based in central and western ky. Sorry, but thats the way I feel. If ya dont like it, I dont care.
SportsFan80 Wrote:Well I dont much care, we will see what happens when the time comes. I will always stick by my mentality of no talent in east ky. Especially big or small white kids. Basketball is a black guys game, and no im not meaning that racially or anything like that. How many successful white players do or have u seen, with exception to Bird, Maravich, and select others. Actually I cant stand the thought of seeing east ky players playing for UK, remember Todd Tackett, he didnt do anything. Besides, most east ky players go to smaller schools, and thats because of one of two things, either they are afraid to go far from home or they dont even get looked at by big schools. Truth be told, the only reason Billy G went after this kid is because he gets or has gotten pressure from spoiled UK fans to go after in state recruits. If I was coach at UK, I would never look at anyone in east ky, I would keep my recruiting based in central and western ky. Sorry, but thats the way I feel. If ya dont like it, I dont care.

You're just so full of sunshine and your comments are always spot-on. Rolleyes

It would do you some good to use your summer vacation learning how to respect the game of basketball instead of hating it's many different players.
SportsFan80 Wrote:Well I dont much care, we will see what happens when the time comes. I will always stick by my mentality of no talent in east ky. Especially big or small white kids. Basketball is a black guys game, and no im not meaning that racially or anything like that. How many successful white players do or have u seen, with exception to Bird, Maravich, and select others. Actually I cant stand the thought of seeing east ky players playing for UK, remember Todd Tackett, he didnt do anything. Besides, most east ky players go to smaller schools, and thats because of one of two things, either they are afraid to go far from home or they dont even get looked at by big schools. Truth be told, the only reason Billy G went after this kid is because he gets or has gotten pressure from spoiled UK fans to go after in state recruits. If I was coach at UK, I would never look at anyone in east ky, I would keep my recruiting based in central and western ky. Sorry, but thats the way I feel. If ya dont like it, I dont care.

Well, How many successful black players do or have u seen, with exception to Jordan, Johnson, and select others? This is one of the most retarded post I have ever seen. lol.

Have you watched the NBA lately? Nash, Ginobili, Norwitski, Williams and select others.....:confused:
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, How many successful black players do or have u seen, with exception to Jordan, Johnson, and select others? This is one of the most retarded post I have ever seen. lol.

Have you watched the NBA lately? Nash, Ginobili, Norwitski, Williams and select others.....:confused:

You're dead on----the game has gone foreign!
:1: Woo! I'm just happy UK is finally getting the talent it deserves I hope he keeps his word and goes to UK!! :1: