Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should The Hero Of The UNCC Shooting Be Buried With Full Military Honors
Should the hero of the University of North Carolina Charlotte shooting be buried with full military honors?

There is no doubt the guy is a hero. He did something 99.9% of people wouldn't have done. It is my opinion you really wouldn't know how you would react unless you were actually in that situation, so who knows. Anyway, what are your thoughts?
At first, I say no. Those honors should be reserved for those who actually join the military, serve, and make the ultimate sacrifice. Then, part of me says times have changed and wars are being fought constantly on the home front against terriorst. In the past our military fought other countries, now it fights terrorists groups. Regardless, the guy was a hero.
No. How would that work anyway? Would they just pretend that the hero had served in the military? Posthumously assign a rank to him? Not all heroes serve in the military and not all who served in the military are heroes. Civilian heroes who never served in the military deserve a hero's burial.
I tend to agree with Hoot. First responders that aren't veterans don't have the option of a military funeral, and I believe this kid falls into that category. He definitely needs to be recognized as a hero. He sacrificed a potential great future and his life in service and protection of others!!
I just feel that by giving him a military funeral it takes away from veterans and disrespects them. Granny Bear's comment about first responders was 100% correct. I never thought about that.