Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry or Pike Central
Wow.
Fan1 Wrote:Allen Central's JV had to go to the Varsity tournament in Ashland this past weekend and beat Belfry's Varsity (25-23, 25-21, 15-5)
I haven't seen that score posted yet on KHSAA and all other AC scores are? But if that be true then maybe they should play over varsity because the varsity is 1-3 against Belfry haha.
Allen Central's Varsity gives everyone a hard time. even BELFRY. everytime they have played them. I didn't mean that AC's JV was sooo much better, but that they simply beat Belfry. If AC's coach thought that they would do better with their JV, he would play them in Varsity. Varsity players are picked for a reason.

My point behind it was that Belfry is not that good, and they should be looking out for AC more. It's not fair that Belfry gets all the credit, even over Johnson Central (which in my opinion is a better team.) They only player that Belfry has that scares anyone is Paige Thacker, and even Rick Mounts treats the team like that.

Letcher beat Belfry in 2 games, and AC has beat letcher TWICE this year.
I'm just sayin that Allen Central is capiable of doing anything they set there mind to. And now Belfry had better be worrying about their Varsity team.
Fan1 Wrote:Allen Central's Varsity gives everyone a hard time. even BELFRY. everytime they have played them. I didn't mean that AC's JV was sooo much better, but that they simply beat Belfry. If AC's coach thought that they would do better with their JV, he would play them in Varsity. Varsity players are picked for a reason.

My point behind it was that Belfry is not that good, and they should be looking out for AC more. It's not fair that Belfry gets all the credit, even over Johnson Central (which in my opinion is a better team.) They only player that Belfry has that scares anyone is Paige Thacker, and even Rick Mounts treats the team like that.

Letcher beat Belfry in 2 games, and AC has beat letcher TWICE this year.
I'm just sayin that Allen Central is capiable of doing anything they set there mind to. And now Belfry had better be worrying about their Varsity team.
I was told they didn't play, and its not listed on KHSAA by neither team and both has other games listed.
By the way LCC never beat Belfry? Belfry is 3-0 against LCC, and as far as against AC, they have yet to be a third match in any of the games they played, unless they played at Ashland. Some of the games with AC has been good and some has been routed, like 25-9 and 25-14.
But Belfry has lost 2 games, one to you guys, and other to Betsy Layne, which Paige didn't play.
They have plenty of talent besides Paige like Brittney Branham and Meghan Staten, but I or anybody else in the Region would center their team around Paige, she is best player in Region hands down.
Pike Central took home 2nd place and Huntington W.V. won first place, I don't know how well Allen Central did, Just that they beat out Belfry, There were games being played at 2 gyms all day long so I didn't get to see who beat them because we were at the other gym.
Belfry Wins Wrote:I was told they didn't play, and its not listed on KHSAA by neither team and both has other games listed.
By the way LCC never beat Belfry? Belfry is 3-0 against LCC, and as far as against AC, they have yet to be a third match in any of the games they played, unless they played at Ashland. Some of the games with AC has been good and some has been routed, like 25-9 and 25-14.
But Belfry has lost 2 games, one to you guys, and other to Betsy Layne, which Paige didn't play.
They have plenty of talent besides Paige like Brittney Branham and Meghan Staten, but I or anybody else in the Region would center their team around Paige, she is best player in Region hands down.

You were told who didn't play?
AC's JV beat Belfry in that tournament in 3 games. I dont care whats not posted on KHSAA. I know for a fact.

And whats the 25-9, 25-14. Allen Central has never played a game with that bad a score. esp. not against Belfry.

Paige is a good player. if the ball comes right to her.
She's an awesome hitter, don't get me wrong, but she will only hit the ball if it's a perfect set. And as far as playing back row goes, she sucks. She cant dig the ball unless it comes right to her. She's not an all around good player. and she acts like its always the teams fault if she messes up.
Fan1 Wrote:You were told who didn't play?
AC's JV beat Belfry in that tournament in 3 games. I dont care whats not posted on KHSAA. I know for a fact.

And whats the 25-9, 25-14. Allen Central has never played a game with that bad a score. esp. not against Belfry.

She's an awesome hitter, don't get me wrong, but she will only hit the ball if it's a perfect set. And as far as playing back row goes, she sucks. She cant dig the ball unless it comes right to her. She's not an all around good player. and she acts like its always the teams fault if she messes up.
That is two of the scores Belfry beat AC by, they have had some close matches and Belfry has dominated some. And your the first person Ive ever heard say Paige isnt a All around good player. Teams literaly develop a game plan around her.
Belfry vs AC season scores, dont know about Ashland tournament because neither team has it listed.
In Letcher Tourney they played 3 times, Belfry won championship .........Belfry won 25-21, 25-19 and 25-12, 27-25 in champ. AC won a game over Belfry in that tourney, 25-21, 25-23, Belfry had two starters missing during that tourney and a sub player.
Then later they played at Allen Central and Belfry won 27-25, 25-14.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Belfry vs AC season scores, dont know about Ashland tournament because neither team has it listed.
In Letcher Tourney they played 3 times, Belfry won championship .........Belfry won 25-21, 25-19 and 25-12, 27-25 in champ. AC won a game over Belfry in that tourney, 25-21, 25-23, Belfry had two starters missing during that tourney and a sub player.
Then later they played at Allen Central and Belfry won 27-25, 25-14.

So where does the 25-9, 25-14 come in at? Because i'm not seeing it.
First of all if you have every come out and watched Belfry play you would know there is more than one player that makes up the team. Know one individual no matter how good they are can win ballgames alone. Rick Mounts coaches every child the same, again if you have every come out and watched Belfry play you would know that. Coach Mounts is a very good coach and cares for each and every girl on his team. Brittany Branham was also not playing when Belfry took is lose to Betsy Layne. Brittany is proably one of the top 5 players in the region. Paige Thacker is one of the best all around volleyball players this region has ever seen, and if all her sets have to be perfect how come she can hit left handed and kill the ball also...again if you ever have watched Belfry play you might know this fan 1.

I am glad that Pike Central did so well in the Ashland Tourney, it is always good to see other teams from this area do well, know matter who they are.

Every team has ups and downs in there season, and just so happened Belfry didn't play well in Ashland, just as other teams in this region haven't played well at times. This comes with being a young team, they will learn and improve from there failures that is what makes a sucessful program.

Good Luck to all the teams in district and region play.
Thank you Kitty Kat, you make a good point.
Its great PC went down to Ashland and almost came out with a first place.
maybe this region is finally getting there pace of volleyball equal with the teams down state. Pepole like to pick at Belfry as they continue to dominate the region. They might have had a mental fall out in Ashland, but Fan 1 wait till tourny time. Every one will bring there game. When Belfry gets it together the unstopable. Excluding Paige Thacker, when she was out belfry had a freshman step up and play excellent as well staten. The other half of the team couldnt pull it together. Allen Central is a great team, Pike Centrals a great team, as well as Johnson Central but lets see who leaves with the trophy to the 15th region. Thacker an all around good player front and back row. Lowe is awsome on the net, she needs a little work on the backrow. Hodge is awsome all around she would be unstopable with a little more height. Conleys a beast at blocking. All the good teams have there tool players so Fan 1 shut it.
2365 Wrote:Thank you Kitty Kat, you make a good point.
Its great PC went down to Ashland and almost came out with a first place.
maybe this region is finally getting there pace of volleyball equal with the teams down state. Pepole like to pick at Belfry as they continue to dominate the region. They might have had a mental fall out in Ashland, but Fan 1 wait till tourny time. Every one will bring there game. When Belfry gets it together the unstopable. Excluding Paige Thacker, when she was out belfry had a freshman step up and play excellent as well staten. The other half of the team couldnt pull it together. Allen Central is a great team, Pike Centrals a great team, as well as Johnson Central but lets see who leaves with the trophy to the 15th region. Thacker an all around good player front and back row. Lowe is awsome on the net, she needs a little work on the backrow. Hodge is awsome all around she would be unstopable with a little more height. Conleys a beast at blocking. All the good teams have there tool players so Fan 1 shut it.
Yeah they are a lot of good players in the Region, Staten for Belfry is really over looked, and as mentioned before Branham, then they got several good freshman.
Thing I like to look at with Belfry is their service percentages, they are usualy simply amazing.
Fan1 Wrote:You were told who didn't play?

I guess you know more than the 4-5 D1 coaches looking at her........

Sounds like someone who has a daughter that Paige might be better than..........
NEXT Wrote:I guess you know more than the 4-5 D1 coaches looking at her........

Sounds like someone who has a daughter that Paige might be better than..........

which coaches are looking at her
UK, North Carolina, Western, Eastern, Morehead and a ton of NAIA and DII
NEXT Wrote:UK, North Carolina, Western, Eastern, Morehead and a ton of NAIA and DII
Really? wow
do you have any idea who shes wanting to go with?
Well that's awesome that colleges like that are looking at her.

I'm just tryin to say that I think alot of players are over looked because everyone thinks shes so great.

But I guess we will see when tournament comes around.
I dont think that one person could say they know whos goin to win, I think it's goin to be the team that wants it the most, because they're all good teams. I should be an interesting Regional Tournament.
Fan1 Wrote:Well that's awesome that colleges like that are looking at her.

I'm just tryin to say that I think alot of players are over looked because everyone thinks shes so great.

But I guess we will see when tournament comes around.
I dont think that one person could say they know whos goin to win, I think it's goin to be the team that wants it the most, because they're all good teams. I should be an interesting Regional Tournament.

Some could view it that way but a lot of people know that Belfry has talent everywhere. I don't know a ton about volleyball but I know it takes more than 1 player for a team to have the success Belfry has had.

You can also look at it like this, if the coaches are coming to watch Paige the they are also getting exposed to the younger girls on the team too.