Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the next coach at perry central?
He had several schools after him and still does.
The names I heard today at the sweet 16 were: Noble, Collett, Blank, and Brashear. They said they wanted someone who would commit to several years.
Lots of names being thrown around. But, I’m heairinf that If Perry doesn’t hire a good one, most of those players will go to Hazard. Heard there was a meeting with the 5 RW Combs girls, including Hoskins, and 3 more. Source said they are sticking together. Said they would get to the state tournament with or without Perry. Just comes down to who Perry hires. If not a good one, Coach Caudill and Hazard Bulldogs will benefit from Perry’s loss.
I think Perry should just hire Larry Caudill. He would have the whole band back together that way.
In the end it will be Noble. I do know they contacted a couple of other ppl that's not been mentioned a month or so ago. I heard it was Noble along with 2 others that they were after.
Why would Noble leave Breathitt to come coach girls at Perry? He doesn't have a kid in high school that plays basketball.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Why would Noble leave Breathitt to come coach girls at Perry? He doesn't have a kid in high school that plays basketball.

Gonna pay him good and his daughter is young. Coach her later on is what I had heard.
John would be a dandy hire for Perry. That will be a big blow to their boys program at Breathitt as it was improving leaps and bounds.
If Perry county can hire John Noble, then they have succeeded. I do believe Blank would be a good hire as well. No matter who is hired, those shoes will be hard to fill. However, it is time for a change and hopefully Coach Napier dictates that change.
I think Noble or Collett would be best. I’ve been around a while and both are two great coaches with a lot of successes. Noble has never coached girls and Collett has been very successful there. I hope my commodores gets someone that can get us to state tourney in next 2-4 years.
Noble can coach girls with no problem. Would be a big tuneup for Perrys program. I still feel like Randy has been successful this season considering losing Hall. She stays and he may be going to Rupp.
Coach Napier did a great job this year. Had Hazard on the ropes in the District Tournament after losing to them by 34 in the WYMT tournament early in the year.
And let’s remember that everything is conjecture since Coach Napier has not stepped down. He mulled retirement last season before returning.
I think perry has had some complaints about they’re coach. 4 to be exact and i was told they want him to retire.
I think all those coaches mentioned would stay around. From the sound of it they need to find someone who will get involved with the feeder schools so they stop losing all those kids.
I think there are to many teams and to many coaches. Maybe need to have 2 teams. Get better quality coaching plus get the kids used to playing together. End the Perry County tournament. All it does is cause hate between the schools.
Historian Wrote:Coach Napier did a great job this year. Had Hazard on the ropes in the District Tournament after losing to them by 34 in the WYMT tournament early in the year.

Perry got alot of home cooking in that game. perry full court press, and just have 1 foul with less then 4 mins to go in the 2nd half. that is saying something there. and that #3 for Perry should have 3 fouls on her in the first 2 mins of the game. if you don't believe me, go watch the game film. if it wasn't for the refs Hazard would have won that game by 20 plus points also. I know two of the refs, I don't know that younger refs.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:I think there are to many teams and to many coaches. Maybe need to have 2 teams. Get better quality coaching plus get the kids used to playing together. End the Perry County tournament. All it does is cause hate between the schools.

But on the plus side, you have a lot more players with experience coming in to high school.
Maybe. Im just saying 2 8th grade teams and 2 7th grade teams. Be a lot easier to find better coaches and it would be good to blend the kids at that age and teach them to be more competitive. Positions would not simply be given because of lack of numbers on some teams.
John Noble still the top target ?
Per Zag. Neither Perry job is open. Closed. Their can be a new thread made if it comes open. Until then it stays closed.