Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14thRegion Draw
I picked Letcher to win this one and they were right there.
I like the call. It was a foul. He had three guys around him and he went up through the contact.
Look I’m not saying it was not a foul but what I am saying is that at that time of the game it was crappy to call that. We have all seen games where that happens and the ref doesn’t blow the whistle. I mean there were calls down low missed on both sides during the game and they didn’t blow the whistle then so why at that juncture. It was a great game regardless. Congrats to Powell.
Semis will be Knott vs. Perry and Powell vs. Hazard. Both of these games could go either way, but I'm going to give some analysis.

Knott vs. Perry game will be a wild ride. Knott has beat them twice this year by 4 points in each game. Both of these wins were on Perry's home floor. Now they go to a neutral site which gives Knott more of an advantage. As far as depth, Perry gets the nod. They play about 9 deep. Knott goes 7 deep. As long as McGuire and one of the Couchs stay out of foul trouble they will be fine. The answer to be determined is whether or not Perry will have Frazier on the roster. If he does play, it could potentially cause an issue with both teams. First of all, Frazier is an excellent defender and will create issues for Knott. However, there will be little team chemistry when he's on the floor due to not playing. In addition, how much would Hoskins use him? Hoskins may be afraid to upset the apple cart by reducing someone else's minutes. I believe this is why the Williams kid hasn't played the number of minutes that he should be playing. I could go on and on with comparisons, but at the end of the day who wins? I think BB King is the better coach. I think the talent pool is even. I don't think the reffing affects the outcome of the game because the refs have been doing an outstanding job. Knott by 6

Powell vs. Hazard will be a fun game to watch. Hazard beat Powell earlier in the year by 15 at Hazard. Tonight's game will give the Pirates home court advantage. In regards to the talent pool, Pelphrey is probably one of the top 3 guards in the region and is doing an outstanding job controlling the team. Bennett is a superb athlete, but can get too emotional at times. His emotions could work either way. Powell has some talented players led by Williams. This kid can ball and understands the game well. Also, they have a few others that provide balanced scoring for the Pirates. This game doesn't have the story lines and the rivalry that the Knott/Perry game has, but it will be a fight. Holland is the best coach in the 14th (JMO) and he will probably teach young Williams a thing or two. However, Williams will grow into a premier coach within the region. Dawgs by 8.
Da Truth Wrote:Semis will be Knott vs. Perry and Powell vs. Hazard. Both of these games could go either way, but I'm going to give some analysis.

Knott vs. Perry game will be a wild ride. Knott has beat them twice this year by 4 points in each game. Both of these wins were on Perry's home floor. Now they go to a neutral site which gives Knott more of an advantage. As far as depth, Perry gets the nod. They play about 9 deep. Knott goes 7 deep. As long as McGuire and one of the Couchs stay out of foul trouble they will be fine. The answer to be determined is whether or not Perry will have Frazier on the roster. If he does play, it could potentially cause an issue with both teams. First of all, Frazier is an excellent defender and will create issues for Knott. However, there will be little team chemistry when he's on the floor due to not playing. In addition, how much would Hoskins use him? Hoskins may be afraid to upset the apple cart by reducing someone else's minutes. I believe this is why the Williams kid hasn't played the number of minutes that he should be playing. I could go on and on with comparisons, but at the end of the day who wins? I think BB King is the better coach. I think the talent pool is even. I don't think the reffing affects the outcome of the game because the refs have been doing an outstanding job. Knott by 6

Powell vs. Hazard will be a fun game to watch. Hazard beat Powell earlier in the year by 15 at Hazard. Tonight's game will give the Pirates home court advantage. In regards to the talent pool, Pelphrey is probably one of the top 3 guards in the region and is doing an outstanding job controlling the team. Bennett is a superb athlete, but can get too emotional at times. His emotions could work either way. Powell has some talented players led by Williams. This kid can ball and understands the game well. Also, they have a few others that provide balanced scoring for the Pirates. This game doesn't have the story lines and the rivalry that the Knott/Perry game has, but it will be a fight. Holland is the best coach in the 14th (JMO) and he will probably teach young Williams a thing or two. However, Williams will grow into a premier coach within the region. Dawgs by 8.

Pretty good breakdown
Da Truth Wrote:Semis will be Knott vs. Perry and Powell vs. Hazard. Both of these games could go either way, but I'm going to give some analysis.

Why did Beverly kid not play last night against Breathitt?
Patriot train Wrote:Why did Beverly kid not play last night against Breathitt?

Its win or go home time. That is why. I would rather the senior (bennett) be on the floor over a 7th grader.
I agree, Bennet had a great game too, so I feel like Al made the right decision..experience is a tremendous assets come tournament time