Sept 6, Ironton, Ohio away 7:30 PM
Sep 13, 19 Lawrence County away 7:30 PM
Sep 20, 19 Montgomery County away 7:30 PM
Sep 27, 19 Fleming County home 7:30 PM
Oct 11, 19 Greenup County (D) away 7:30 PM
Oct 18, 19 Ashland (D) home 7:30 PM
Oct 25,19 East Carter (D) home 7:30 PM
Nov 1, 19 West Carter away 7:30 PM
Correction: Sep 20, 19 Montgomery County home 7:30 PM instead of away.
Thats a nice schedule
I’d like to see Russell play portsmouth or Portsmouth west or both. Fleming and west farther trips plus the two Portsmouth schools would be better measuring sticks.
Lawrence Montgomery and mason though are good additions!
Lawrence will year your physicality for sure. Win or lose those guys will knock your head off.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Lawrence will year your physicality for sure. Win or lose those guys will knock your head off.

Agreed! The Dawg Pound has never been an easy place to win at and the bull dawgs always bring it. Ain’t no cream puffs on the field for LC.
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:Lawrence Montgomery and mason though are good additions!

You realize Fleming has beaten Mason 4 straight years, right? Not sure how Fleming is a bad game but Mason is a good addition.
thecoacher Wrote:You realize Fleming has beaten Mason 4 straight years, right? Not sure how Fleming is a bad game but Mason is a good addition.

Fleming and Mason are both way, way, way down
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Fleming and Mason are both way, way, way down

I think Fleming will be better this season. Replacing Crump and that crew was tough on them last year.
Historically Mason has always been a decent game for Devils. I still don’t understand why portsmouth and Portsmouth west were not pursued as possible games. I think coal grove who traditionally produces a hard hitting fundamentally sound teams would be another excellent option.
Why travel so far when to mason and Fleming when you don’t have to?
Local games produce fire, Pride, and passion which is the recipe for an excellent game. I think Russell would benefit more from playing in these type of games because it’s more than game your playing for community and your states pride.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:@ Rowan County ekc grid Russell vs. Rowan County August 16th at 8pm
Aug 23, 19 Mason County away 7:30 PM
Aug 31, 19 Raceland home 8:00 PM

Other than the grid, does anyone know what scrimmages Russell will have? Dates, places and times?
I know Russell is suppose to come to Powell County for a scrimmage @7pm on 8-9-19
PoCofootball Wrote:I know Russell is suppose to come to Powell County for a scrimmage @7pm on 8-9-19
Will Powell County be coming to Russell in 2020 for a return Scrimmage?
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Will Powell County be coming to Russell in 2020 for a return Scrimmage?

I honestly have no idea, I’m just going by what our schedule says.
Russell football should be back this season to looking like it's old self. The Devils have had some disappointing outings over the past few seasons mixed in with some big wins. They finished last season strong, though, and return quite a bit on both sides of the ball. I look for Russell to contend and possibly win the district title this year against Ashland and Greenup. Those games should be really fun to watch. We will find out a lot about Russell right out of the gate this year with the early Saturday matchup against Raceland.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:@ Rowan County ekc grid Russell vs. Rowan County August 16th at 8pm
Aug 23, 19 Mason County away 7:30 PM
Aug 31, 19 Raceland home 8:00 PM

Ashland game will determine district and possibly an undefeated season depending upon Ironton’s output. The other 8 are W’s in my opinion. Adding Mason and MoCo were annual W’s.
Undefeated is a very strong word to be throwing out there. They are currently on a losing streak to Greenup, Ironton and Raceland over the past 2 years. I don't see that changing this year. Greenup is greatly improved and both Ironton and Raceland are always tough games. I'd say 6-4 or 7-3 but undefeated, I don't think it's happening.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Lawrence will year your physicality for sure. Win or lose those guys will knock your head off.

Lawrence County vs Russell will be a battle. LC will be better this year then most are thinking.
Rams lost everything! Evils should kill us!😳