Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jason Foley named Southwestern Head Coach
I agree. If some of the experience on the line at P.C. goes over to S.W. and a few other positions being filled with an extremely talented defense. I also think 1 or 2 talented kids from highlands. And one of the best athletes, on and off the field #45 leading the team. This team will absolutely become a very tough team. As a whole, one of the best team S.W. has ever had. I think it should be a very exciting yr.
I don’t have an excuse and my kids aren’t even at any of the aforementioned schools.

However there are issues with both your own and plantmans comments. Yes a kid is initially ruled ineligible. However when a waiver is requested the sending school district can always challenge the waiver. Which appears to be what they have said in this case. Just from the information on this thread and the previous one it read that the administration brought in all athletes and said if there were any moves that they would indeed challenge the waiver due to “move made for athletic purposes”. Regardless if the school district is upset about a potential hire they threatened to challenge all transfers without a basis of motivation for any transfer. Every situation is different some may or may not be. Just because there is a legit move doesn’t mean a kid is ruled eligible. See it every year, kids are ruled eligible that have no business being eligible (Look at FD kids this year) and other times kids are ruled ineligible just because the previous administration was upset about a kid leaving and challenged the legitimacy of the reasons a kid left. I don’t really care about the situation just like to have some banter back and forth on my lunch. But 4theCats if you going to come at me saying I’m in correct you going to need to go do your homework and come back with some facts.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I don’t have an excuse and my kids aren’t even at any of the aforementioned schools.

However there are issues with both your own and plantmans comments. Yes a kid is initially ruled ineligible. However when a waiver is requested the sending school district can always challenge the waiver. Which appears to be what they have said in this case. Just from the information on this thread and the previous one it read that the administration brought in all athletes and said if there were any moves that they would indeed challenge the waiver due to “move made for athletic purposes”. Regardless if the school district is upset about a potential hire they threatened to challenge all transfers without a basis of motivation for any transfer. Every situation is different some may or may not be. Just because there is a legit move doesn’t mean a kid is ruled eligible. See it every year, kids are ruled eligible that have no business being eligible (Look at FD kids this year) and other times kids are ruled ineligible just because the previous administration was upset about a kid leaving and challenged the legitimacy of the reasons a kid left. I don’t really care about the situation just like to have some banter back and forth on my lunch. But 4theCats if you going to come at me saying I’m in correct you going to need to go do your homework and come back with some facts.

I'm sorry you got it wrong again. There is no "challenge the waiver". There is "GRANT the waiver". There is a "waiver" because all kids are innitially inelligible. The waiver can be granted by PC. Or not. In this case it will be not.
https://khsaa.org/handbook/20162017/bylaws.pdf

Check bylaw 6 for anyone interested in actual facts.
Homie go read it yourself. PC doesn’t grant anything. The waiver is granted by the khsaa since everyone is originally ruled ineligible. I’ve been around this long enough to actually fill out a couple of these forms and sit in on the hearings.

Once again after initially being ruled ineligible a student and receiving school must request a waiver to dismiss that 1 year ineligible period from khsaa. Receiving school sends in reasoning why the 1 year should be waived. Sending school can send in any information they want to challenge that in hopes of khsaa keeping 1 year ineligibility period.

You’re clueless and not even fun to argue with. Come up with something good or just don’t even post.
Facts
Iam4thecats Wrote:I'm sorry you got it wrong again. There is no "challenge the waiver". There is "GRANT the waiver". There is a "waiver" because all kids are innitially inelligible. The waiver can be granted by PC. Or not. In this case it will be not.

Yes you are right. But it doesn’t work that way I’m Pulaski County Board of Education.

It’s an inside move of the district so they do it themselves. KHSAA doesn’t even see any of the thrashers from PC to SW or vice versa. Been that way for multiple years now. PC has lost many players to SW middle of season and they are immediately eligible to play for SW as soon as they show up
KySports28 Wrote:Yes you are right. But it doesn’t work that way I’m Pulaski County Board of Education.

It’s an inside move of the district so they do it themselves. KHSAA doesn’t even see any of the thrashers from PC to SW or vice versa. Been that way for multiple years now. PC has lost many players to SW middle of season and they are immediately eligible to play for SW as soon as they show up

Wrong again. Good thing they don’t require you all to pass any tests before you post on here.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Wrong again. Good thing they don’t require you all to pass any tests before you post on here.

Explain again how I’m wrong
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Homie go read it yourself. PC doesn’t grant anything. The waiver is granted by the khsaa since everyone is originally ruled ineligible. I’ve been around this long enough to actually fill out a couple of these forms and sit in on the hearings.

Once again after initially being ruled ineligible a student and receiving school must request a waiver to dismiss that 1 year ineligible period from khsaa. Receiving school sends in reasoning why the 1 year should be waived. Sending school can send in any information they want to challenge that in hopes of khsaa keeping 1 year ineligibility period.

You’re clueless and not even fun to argue with. Come up with something good or just don’t even post.

Wrong, it’s a good thing they don’t make you pass tests to be on here
KySports28 Wrote:Explain again how I’m wrong

No need to explain again. If you can’t read the the other posts you won’t be able to read the next one.
KySports28 Wrote:Wrong, it’s a good thing they don’t make you pass tests to be on here

That message wasn’t even directed towards you. But, you really got me with that one. You’re pretty quick on your feet with those witty comebacks.
I’ve posted FACTS. Some of you can’t even put a single intellectual thought together yet you claim you state facts....😂😂
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I’ve posted FACTS. Some of you can’t even put a single intellectual thought together yet you claim you state facts....😂😂

I will say. Some get a little crazy with it all.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:For an administration to threaten every athlete in a school is pretty ridiculous. What if a family simply has to move due to financial reasons and need more affordable housing?

Making sure kids follow rules is one thing. If they’re that worried about it maybe they should start in their own school and remove any student that lives in the Somerset or SW district.

free is definitely more affordable. lol
pjdoug Wrote:free is definitely more affordable. lol

I’m sure it’s only free if they have to move all the way from Whitley...
I bet Hines will have to buy a smaller hat this next season his head is not as big as before and all the bragging to kids if they don't like him they can go to the two other schools is out the door how about that now? So now they are taking him up on it and he's freaKING
I think its cute how all the SW folks think Foley is a better coach than Larry French.
Iam4thecats Wrote:I think its cute how all the SW folks think Foley is a better coach than Larry French.

I was thinking the same thing... 🧐🧐
Foley isn’t even in the same league as coach French
Hybrid Wrote:Foley isn’t even in the same league as coach French
Well Pulaski County sure mush think so:biglmao:. Johnny Wines has been throwing a temper tantrum over possible transfers, even before Foley was even named.
Iam4thecats Wrote:I think its cute how all the SW folks think Foley is a better coach than Larry French.

But he's won more state championships then Larry has. And he'll get the kids to transfer over the right way. 100% sarcasm in my post.

What did french do during his time at SW?
FootballFan1999 Wrote:What did french do during his time at SW?

In 5 years, 3 district championships, 4 region final appearances, 47 wins, won 8+ games every year. Broke most of the school records statistically speaking. Pulaski (in district) was also pretty dang good during this time period.
I think Foley will do fine at SW, but it ain't gunna happen overnight and it'll take a long time to be in the same level as Hines or French.
theotherfrench Wrote:In 5 years, 3 district championships, 4 region final appearances, 47 wins, won 8+ games every year. Broke most of the school records statistically speaking. Pulaski (in district) was also pretty dang good during this time period.

3-5 against Pulaski. Never made it past third round. Never beat Pulaski when it mattered. I believe French gets a little too much hype for his time at southwestern. If you’re fine with winning two playoff games I guess he’s your guy, but he never beat the crosstown team when it mattered, and that has to be the top goal.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:3-5 against Pulaski. Never made it past third round. Never beat Pulaski when it mattered. I believe French gets a little too much hype for his time at southwestern. If you’re fine with winning two playoff games I guess he’s your guy, but he never beat the crosstown team when it mattered, and that has to be the top goal.

The fact that you think Southwestern should have a better record against Pulaski the last 5 years shows you he deserves all the hype he gets. Before Larry took over, Pulaski was going to a State Championship with Sophmores while SW won 1 or 2 games. SW may not have beat PC in the three regional games but they played their tails off.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:What did french do during his time at SW?
He won games
Hybrid Wrote:He won games

Big games?
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Big games?
I would say he beat better teams than foley has