Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay Co. 82 Harlan Ind. 63
Connor Robinson head and shoulders above the competition. Clay cruises in this one!
This game was pretty even until Clay went on a crazy run in the 3rd. Surprised Harlan never called a timeout to slow it down. The Tigers went from being tied to up 18 in a matter of minutes.
They waited until they were 18 down before they called a time out? Why would you do that?
The season for Harlan Ind has been full of poor coaching decisions. The play at the end of the All A regional finals stands out to me. Up one and Harlan Ind on the line with 4 seconds left. The coach only had one guy back on D. Middlesboro rebounds a missed free throw and passes up court to a wide open player for a layup to win it. Why not have everyone back in that situation. A head scratcher for sure. I thought the same thing tonight. Why get in a hole that deep?
ky_boy Wrote:They waited until they were 18 down before they called a time out? Why would you do that?

I’m not sure when it was called exactly but Clay was able to make a run before. The game was either tied or like a two point game the entire way until that point. Harlan had the lead for a while in the 2nd Quarter.
Nice win for Clay County.
Congrats Clay County, going to be a tough task to get to regional tournament but I think they can.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:The season for Harlan Ind has been full of poor coaching decisions. The play at the end of the All A regional finals stands out to me. Up one and Harlan Ind on the line with 4 seconds left. The coach only had one guy back on D. Middlesboro rebounds a missed free throw and passes up court to a wide open player for a layup to win it. Why not have everyone back in that situation. A head scratcher for sure. I thought the same thing tonight. Why get in a hole that deep?

They had 2 back...lol
I’m picking Harlan Ind. vs The BORO in district finals. Coach Derek does a great job and is the most discipline coach in region.. besides Lew!
Craze JACKET man Wrote:I’m picking Harlan Ind. vs The BORO in district finals. Coach Derek does a great job and is the most discipline coach in region.. besides Lew!

Letting your team get out of the the game before calling timeout and only having the one player back doesn't sound so great.
ky_boy Wrote:Letting your team get out of the the game before calling timeout and only having the one player back doesn't sound so great.
I'm pretty sure there were 2 back because there can only be 2 on the line..lol
The other was off the line, but in front court by 5 feet or so.
ky_boy Wrote:The other was off the line, but in front court by 5 feet or so.

Ok...smh lol they should just fire the coach then. Or maybe it was a great play by Middlesboro.
Maybe both. JK.

Post from above:

The season for Harlan Ind has been full of poor coaching decisions. The play at the end of the All A regional finals stands out to me. Up one and Harlan Ind on the line with 4 seconds left. The coach only had one guy back on D. Middlesboro rebounds a missed free throw and passes up court to a wide open player for a layup to win it. Why not have everyone back in that situation. A head scratcher for sure. I thought the same thing tonight. Why get in a hole that deep?*

I was at the Middlesboro game. I thought it was a coaching mistake. Everyone makes mistakes. Is he a great coach? I would say that's a matter of opinion. Make a check list and check them off.
ky_boy Wrote:Maybe both. JK.

Post from above:

The season for Harlan Ind has been full of poor coaching decisions. The play at the end of the All A regional finals stands out to me. Up one and Harlan Ind on the line with 4 seconds left. The coach only had one guy back on D. Middlesboro rebounds a missed free throw and passes up court to a wide open player for a layup to win it. Why not have everyone back in that situation. A head scratcher for sure. I thought the same thing tonight. Why get in a hole that deep?*

I was at the Middlesboro game. I thought it was a coaching mistake. Everyone makes mistakes. Is he a great coach? I would say that's a matter of opinion. Make a check list and check them off.
I don't know if he's a great coach or not. I just think is funny when non coaches question coaches lol or maybe people who do that, are coaches or former coaches..hmmm Usually sounds weird when I don't see them questioning other coaches tho.
I still question why Pitino didn't have someone on the in-bounder.
(02-16-2019, 07:43 AM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: The season for Harlan Ind has been full of poor coaching decisions.  The play at the end of the All A regional finals stands out to me.  Up one and Harlan Ind on the line with 4 seconds left.  The coach only had one guy back on D.  Middlesboro rebounds a missed free throw and passes up court to a wide open player for a layup to win it.  Why not have everyone back in that situation.  A head scratcher for sure.  I thought the same thing tonight.  Why get in a hole that deep?
My last one lol
Looks like everyone in that thread was “blasting” him..lol. Are you calling all these guys out?
(02-04-2022, 09:59 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: Looks like everyone in that thread was “blasting” him..lol.  Are you calling all these guys out?
It’s so obvious that you have a personal problem with Coach Akal.You gotta let it go.Your guy didn’t get the job.lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes momentoftruth's post:
  • Wildcats94
You have no idea what you’re talking about..lol
So, did Clay beat Harlan tonight or was that 2 yrs. ago? You guys went from 2019 until minutes ago.
(02-04-2022, 10:06 PM)momentoftruth Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 09:59 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: Looks like everyone in that thread was “blasting” him..lol.  Are you calling all these guys out?
It’s so obvious that you have a personal problem with Coach Akal.You gotta let it go.Your guy didn’t get the job.lol
Just let it go professor he definitely is showing the proof that you said did not exist! “Show me one post” you’re words
Clay County is kind of like a Jekyll and Hyde this year. Lose badly to several teams they should have handily defeated then beat a pretty good Harlan team by 18.
(02-05-2022, 03:18 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Clay County is kind of like a Jekyll and Hyde this year. Lose badly to several teams they should have handily defeated then beat a pretty good Harlan team by 18.
This game was three years ago...