Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region POTY and COTY
Just saw this Twitter
KABC 2018-2019
14th Region Player of the Year is Knott County’s Jada Higgins
14th Region Coach of the Year is Wolfe County’s Gary Brown.
[Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/acedf88e...id=3540195] Full steam ahead brutha! Pat Nation pumped up and slow handclap for Wolfies coach! Ole Fatpat partial to Honeycutta as one of the posse! #playaandgoingtostata More mash taters please!!!
Smith from Wolfe is averaging 26ppg
Meyers from Leslie is averaging 23ppg
Both should be ahead of Higgins.
It’s a senior based award. And I think both Smith and Meyers are Juniors. They will be eligible for the award next season.
14th region fanman Wrote:It’s a senior based award. And I think both Smith and Meyers are Juniors. They will be eligible for the award next season.

way is that, if FR, SO, or JR is the best player in the Region. they should get it. if not, they need to call it the best SR award.
MountainBaller Wrote:Smith from Wolfe is averaging 26ppg

Let me tell you all, I've seen Higgins play several games over the last 3-4 years (and I mean sevvvvvveral). She's a dominate figure on the court for sure and keeps coming at you. Whether she explodes down the paint, or stops and pops you from 3 point land...she's a definite player to watch. Can't take anything from this dynamite player!

Meyers is another one that I've watched from her wee days and can burn you at any time. She can beat you BY HERSELF! I could definitely see her getting the nod for this.

Can't say I'm that familiar with Smith. Just not seen enough games with her involved.

Higgins or Meyers...flip a coin. Either is a great player for sure!

Jonesy
cj2561 Wrote:way is that, if FR, SO, or JR is the best player in the Region. they should get it. if not, they need to call it the best SR award.
It's just how it has always been all over the state. Always been a senior. TongueirateSho
cj2561 Wrote:way is that, if FR, SO, or JR is the best player in the Region. they should get it. if not, they need to call it the best SR award.

It is a senior player because it directly relates to Miss Basketball. Each region POY is a nominee for Miss Basketball...which is a senior award.
EKU saw enough in Higgins to give her a basketball scholarship.
Patriot train Wrote:It's just how it has always been all over the state. Always been a senior. TongueirateSho

if i remember right, there have been a few under classman that won the POTY before. but like you said, most years the POTY was a SR. there is people out there that think scoring the most points will make that person the POTY. but there is a lot more to basketball then just scoring.
MountainBaller Wrote:Smith from Wolfe is averaging 26ppg

Just because they average more points doesn’t mean they’re better players. Higgins is the best player in the 14th. Her athleticism and motor are second to none