9/13 HOME .. MCCRACKEN CO
9/20 HOME .. GRAVES CO
9/27 AWAY .. FT CAMPBELL
10/4 AWAY .. CALDWELL CO
10/11 .......... OPEN
10/18 HOME .. BALLARD MEMORIAL
10/25 HOME .. MURRAY
11/1 AWAY ... MADISONVILLE

The opener will be a tough one.. Lausanne is a Tn Div 2 private school out of Memphis that won back to back state titles in 16 & 17 before losing in the semi finals in 2018. Prior to that 2018 semifinal loss, 21-14, to CPA, the Lynx were riding a 38 game winning streak against very tough competition, typically playing larger schools in the non-district portion of there schedule. Eric Gray, a 4 star Top 300 player who just signed with Tennessee, was there feature RB the past 3 years as well as a 3-time Mr Football, the 1st to ever accomplish that feat in the state.
Very tough schedule. This will get them ready.
Madisonville is supposed to be better they were a decent team last year. I think PT will be pretty good under Jonathan. I think McCracken and Graves are likely down. Have not heard how Hoptown is expected to be. Caldwell and Murray will make for the best district we have faced in a long time. I think Lausanne will be pretty good but not what they have been the last several years. They seem to be like a good DeSales or CAL and maybe trouble. All and all if we develop like it looks with the returning talent being on the up this could be a state title team and might be a undefeated title team
Snakesnot Wrote:Very tough schedule. This will get them ready.

That is not a tough schedule. They start out with a good team, then it's mediocre the rest of the way Confusednicker::dudecomeon:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Madisonville is supposed to be better they were a decent team last year. I think PT will be pretty good under Jonathan. I think McCracken and Graves are likely down. Have not heard how Hoptown is expected to be. Caldwell and Murray will make for the best district we have faced in a long time. I think Lausanne will be pretty good but not what they have been the last several years. They seem to be like a good DeSales or CAL and maybe trouble. All and all if we develop like it looks with the returning talent being on the up this could be a state title team and might be a undefeated title team

You're probably right. I don't see much slowing them down.
pjdoug Wrote:You're probably right. I don't see much slowing them down.

I would argue that is is about as good as they were likely to get without long travel. This team should be loaded regardless. I think they might have a chance to set some offensive records. They were prolific last year and return most on offense. Their D should be much improved. This should be a whale of a team.
pjdoug Wrote:That is not a tough schedule. They start out with a good team, then it's mediocre the rest of the way Confusednicker::dudecomeon:

I think it's a decently tough schedule for a 2A team.
Snakesnot Wrote:I think it's a decently tough schedule for a 2A team.

For most 2A schools. Mayfield will likely run the table.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:8/23 Home ... LAUSANNE COLLEGIATE, TN
8/30 AWAY ... HOPKINSVILLE
9/6 AWAY .... PADUCAH TILGHMAN
9/13 HOME .. MCCRACKEN CO
9/20 HOME .. GRAVES CO
9/27 AWAY .. FT CAMPBELL
10/4 AWAY .. CALDWELL CO
10/11 .......... OPEN
10/18 HOME .. BALLARD MEMORIAL
10/25 HOME .. MURRAY
11/1 AWAY ... MADISONVILLE

The opener will be a tough one.. Lausanne is a Tn Div 2 private school out of Memphis that won back to back state titles in 16 & 17 before losing in the semi finals in 2018. Prior to that 2018 semifinal loss, 21-14, to CPA, the Lynx were riding a 38 game winning streak against very tough competition, typically playing larger schools in the non-district portion of there schedule. Eric Gray, a 4 star Top 300 player who just signed with Tennessee, was there feature RB the past 3 years as well as a 3-time Mr Football, the 1st to ever accomplish that feat in the state.

Pretty tough schedule for a 2A team. :worthy:
15-0
Saw one preseason TN poll where Lausanne was ranked #5 for all the teams in the state. The previous TN team (Union City) we played was # 138. This will be an extremely hard game for Mayfield to win.
The first game will no doubt be a tough one. Pretty good schedule, especially for a 2A school, but for Mayfield this isnt a tough schedule. In 2A you have two classes: 2A-a Mayfield and 2A-b everybody else. And I'm not trashing the other 2A schools I just think Mayfield is in a league of their own. I will be SHOCKED if the Cards dont win it all again this year. Although there are a couple teams that could quite possibly make me eat some crow, but it would be an upset if it happens, IMO.
In looking at what the folks are saying in Tn., Lousanne isn't expected to be quite as good as they've been the last 3 years, but, still a formidable opponent. Supposedly, they lost most of there skill players, but, return the majority in the trenches. They claim to have an upcoming sophomore RB they feel has the potential to be a great player, some even comparing him to 3 time Mr Football and UT commit Eric Gray, which is pretty high praise. I expect this team to be very similar to a CAL in size, numbers and skillset. At least Mayfield gets them at home and in the opener, which I think is an advantage for the Cards.