• 15(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 2019 Football Schedule
Beechwood looks promising to be great this year
2face Wrote:So all bell Whitley corbun do is trade players

Whitley makes bad trades.
ArJay Wrote:The truth is Bell County is doing great in football. Our numbers are way up. We return a bunch of defense and players are working hard. Look for Bailey, Baker, Burnett, and Woolum to have breakout seasons!
is Baker my cousin? if he is from my Baker's you better get out of his way. lol
Underrated9 Wrote:Beechwood looks promising to be great this year

What does Beechwood have to do with Bell County?
Meet the Bobcats tonight! Time for some hitting!
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley makes bad trades.

Confusednicker: wanna play some poker...
Very impressive last night. I believe this will be our best team this decade!
Last team of the decade. Could look very impressive. At least they can say they never got beat by Corbin twice in one year. Going to be hard to replace Frazier. 1,500 yards last year! Schedule won’t reflect how good the teams earlier in the decade were. This team will be 13-0 before they play someone competitive.
Haters gonna hate.
ArJay Wrote:Haters gonna hate.

And those that believe everything out of Dudleys mouth gonna have blinders on. You scrimmaged yourself , everyone looks great doing it. Your schedule is weaker than water so yeas you will win games. I do think you will be a little better than last year, but now with Frazier gone , not as much. Last year Bell was 30 points away from being a contender. Did not improve that much at all.

Not hating , stating facts.
Principal sends letters to athletes not in his school system asking them to come to Bell County. These high school athletes have never attended the Bell County system.Is this a violation of KHSAA rules?
I heard about this, the superintendent told them to do this. YES it is a violation of KHSAA rules. Someone called those that work under her in administration "Puppets" , it looks like they will do whatever, even openly break KHSAA rules. I am very interested to see how this one comes out.
Does anyone know if any Middlesboro kids got the letter? We would love to report them.
PRIDE, Bell will be better this year. Players are a year older and have worked hard. We will have a great season and people like you will hate every second of it. I want us to beat everyone but I’m tyoically happy when other teams do well and I give them credit. I would hate to dislike a school like you do Bell.
I agree ArJay and I want teams in this area to be successful, but with that schedule what kind of record would Bell have if you or anybody else coached them? Seriously, do you think they are a lot better than last years team? Could this team beat the Redhounds?
They play Knox Central and let’s see what that outcome looks like..
They Play Whitley Co., my point is Corbin plays Knox and Whitley Co. Then we can see if Bell could have beaten corbin this year.. No dog in this fight, but Bell probably has better athletes this year than corbin..
AnswertheBell Wrote:Principal sends letters to athletes not in his school system asking them to come to Bell County. These high school athletes have never attended the Bell County system.Is this a violation of KHSAA rules?

Letters were sent to every student in the Bell school system boundary, not just athletes. No violation here, just trying to get the kids that are supposed to go there anyway.
KHSAA doesn’t recognize all students in County as Bells students. Sorry big time violation here. Leaving 8th grade gives eligibility. Better read rules
Franchise Wrote:Letters were sent to every student in the Bell school system boundary, not just athletes. No violation here, just trying to get the kids that are supposed to go there anyway.

Clueless as to KHSAA rules. Can Knox County send a letter to recruit all players and students including those that go to Corbin?
Interesting question.
I would think a county district could legally send a letter to every student in their boundaries if they wanted. It is their responsibility to educate all those students. They may choose to go somewhere else, but the county district would have to take them back if they wanted to return.
ArJay Wrote:PRIDE, Bell will be better this year. Players are a year older and have worked hard. We will have a great season and people like you will hate every second of it. I want us to beat everyone but I’m tyoically happy when other teams do well and I give them credit. I would hate to dislike a school like you do Bell.

She doesn't even like herself.
NextGeneration Wrote:Does anyone know if any Middlesboro kids got the letter? We would love to report them.

I want to report several schools :biggrin:
AnswertheBell Wrote:Clueless as to KHSAA rules. Can Knox County send a letter to recruit all players and students including those that go to Corbin?

Can Whitley County do the same thing?
HCS Wrote:Interesting question.
I would think a county district could legally send a letter to every student in their boundaries if they wanted. It is their responsibility to educate all those students. They may choose to go somewhere else, but the county district would have to take them back if they wanted to return.

Under KHSAA bylaw 16 no undue influence or contact once eligibility is established. This includes Coaches, staff, administration and even parents and boosters. This may be a first for the KHSAA. So HCS you are saying if a student/athlete goes to Harlan K-10, Harlan County can contact that student and recruit them since their address may be in county. My understanding is eligibility is set when enrolled in 9th grade regardless where they live.
I'm not sure. I don't know if you can be convicted of recruiting people who live in your district boundaries, especially if you send out a mass mailing to everyone in your district. I don't know if a district would be required to take out letters to those attending another district, if they live in the county district. Interesting question.
That would be true for city districts also - not sure Pineville would have to take out letters to kids who live in the Pineville district if they go to Bell. I would guess not, but I'm not sure.
From what I am told ,I can tell you both that it will be decided by KHSAA. It has been reported so we will find out soon enough.
The way I understand it from talking to our rep is that KHSAA would rule them ineligible.
Looks as if this may also be apart of the contract issue bleeding over into the KHSAA bylaws. Going to be interesting to see the outcome.
I may be mistaking but seems Bell County is always in the middle of controversy? Why is that?
Read BL 16-5 statment 3. Must have permission from Principal of school students are enrolled. S This is in Bylaw 16 . So if administration of Bell got permission from Pineville and Middlesboro's principal it is ok. If not a rules violation. We have had this at Whitley.

Case BL-16-5- What are permissible contacts by coaches,
athletic directors and other individuals with a
connection (direct or indirect) to the athletic program
or school?
Permissible contacts include:
(1) Public high school representatives contacting students at
feeder public schools (elementary, middle school, junior high
school) where there is a defined feeder pattern;
(2) Nonpublic school representatives contacting students at
feeder nonpublic schools (elementary, middle school/junior
high school) where there is a defined feeder pattern;
(3) A representative of the school initiating a meeting with