•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 2019 Football Schedule
Single Wing 77 Wrote:They’re reciprocal agreements. Bell is trying to stop theirs with pineville because pineville is barely hanging on. They’ll most likely be closed in the next decade and Bell is trying to speed up the process. That way Bell will completely absorb their student population.

You almost got it correct, Pineville has more students than they have had in 15 years. Matter of fact the number coming from Bell has grown to around 265. Bells administration has tanked the last few years and can’t get the parents back so they are trying to close school choice for parents and forcing kids to come back. Not working out well right now. As far as Pineville Schools they are not just hanging on, they are flourishing.
four quarters Wrote:I think Whitley and Corbin went through this a few years ago. Some kind of exchanging contracts with other schools. Sort of like North/South Laurel. I heard Bell Super won’t exchange with Pineville, but do all other schools. It should be left up to KHSAA and settled that way I guess. Questions all the time with Corbin, Whitley, Knox and L.C.

KHSAA has nothing to do with agreements of this type. That is all the state department of education.
When one district starts getting more from another than they are losing it usually goes to the state and they rule like they did a few months ago - they grandfather in the ones currently attending and even it out for the others over a period of time.
Is Pineville stealing athletes or students? I can’t see the Callebs kid making that much of a problem. Why is she trying to shut Pineville down?
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:they will probably have to key on our wr too .. he must be decent because corbin had him down at their field house

Actually his friend from Corbin had him and the QB you all recruited from Tennessee to an after prom party where they had their pics taken hung over eating breakfast the next day. If there was a chance they were gonna come to Corbin do you really think it would’ve been posted all over Facebook? Or do you think just maybe it was to try and piss a bunch of Bell Co fans off, which it sure the hell did....
Kids bounce around everywhere anymore. Look at the college schools with Bama/Oklahoma quarterback. All the NBA players with free agency and super teams. The QB and WR from Bell transferred from other schools.
Time is running out if all of this is true, but I do have some very interesting insight!
single shot Wrote:Actually his friend from Corbin had him and the QB you all recruited from Tennessee to an after prom party where they had their pics taken hung over eating breakfast the next day. If there was a chance they were gonna come to Corbin do you really think it would’ve been posted all over Facebook? Or do you think just maybe it was to try and piss a bunch of Bell Co fans off, which it sure the hell did....

Guess I need to elaborate here, most of the context in this post was being used as a metaphor. I never seen any of these kids actually drinking was simply trying to point out that these kids are friends that’s it.....
Now explain metaphor to a bunch of them 🤔 All in good fun....
Corbin fans gone too far now accusing our players of underage drinking. Ha ha. Only joking.
ArJay Wrote:Corbin fans gone too far now accusing our players of underage drinking. Ha ha. Only joking.

I’m sorry I slapped myself really hard on both wrist lol...

In all seriousness someone brought it up to me in a private message and it was never my intention to shed negative light on any of these kids in any way. No matter what colors they wear they should enjoy the game as much as possible, it should always bring fond memories of a brotherhood they shared and a bond that’s never broke. That being said there’s a lot of friendships between Corbin and Bell players it’s the adults as always that make things ugly. Good luck to Bell hope you all have a special injury free season...
single shot Wrote:Actually his friend from Corbin had him and the QB you all recruited from Tennessee to an after prom party where they had their pics taken hung over eating breakfast the next day. If there was a chance they were gonna come to Corbin do you really think it would’ve been posted all over Facebook? Or do you think just maybe it was to try and piss a bunch of Bell Co fans off, which it sure the hell did....

lol you have shown your class with this post .. corbin fans true colors usually shine through
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:lol you have shown your class with this post .. corbin fans true colors usually shine through

Your the last one who should be trying to lecture anyone on class pal...
single shot Wrote:Kids in this close of a proximity should be able to chose where they want to go period, it’s the adults who spoil everything...

No they shouldn't :dontthink
four quarters Wrote:I think Whitley and Corbin went through this a few years ago. Some kind of exchanging contracts with other schools. Sort of like North/South Laurel. I heard Bell Super won’t exchange with Pineville, but do all other schools. It should be left up to KHSAA and settled that way I guess. Questions all the time with Corbin, Whitley, Knox and L.C.

Nothing should be left up to KHSAA. They are as worthless as NCAA with favoritism.
pjdoug Wrote:No they shouldn't :dontthink

With as much problems kids are having these days (broken homes, drugs, only one or no parent around, living in poverty). You mean to tell me we’re really gonna set and lecture a kid or force him into a school even if he can find happiness playing football somewhere that he chooses just because of some imaginary line. I’m not a big Dudley Hilton fan but if there’s anyone that can help keep a kid from a rough background on the straight and narrow it would be him and isn’t that one of the biggest reasons for having athletics in the school system anyway?
pjdoug Wrote:Nothing should be left up to KHSAA. They are as worthless as NCAA with favoritism.

Agreed
Couple simply questions. Where do you draw the line on transfers? Who should be in charge of High school athletes?
The truth is Bell County is doing great in football. Our numbers are way up. We return a bunch of defense and players are working hard. Look for Bailey, Baker, Burnett, and Woolum to have breakout seasons!
footballfever Wrote:Couple simply questions. Where do you draw the line on transfers? Who should be in charge of High school athletes?

Like some of said one transfer no questions asked, after that it should be scrutinized. Only way it could be oversaw with any type of uniformity would be to hire an independent agency, when does anything government affiliated get these things right?
I saw on the internet that Bell Super isn’t taking new Pineville kids to enroll. Sounds like she is pretty upset about this whole contract thing. Does this affect any transfers from Pineville or kids coming to play football there?
four quarters Wrote:I saw on the internet that Bell Super isn’t taking new Pineville kids to enroll. Sounds like she is pretty upset about this whole contract thing. Does this affect any transfers from Pineville or kids coming to play football there?

So she doesn't want any Pineville kids? Send them all back. Pineville takes any and all. The only Superintendent I know that doesn't like kids. Not a welcoming place at Bell I guess.
About time they play somebody. Bell county way over rated
I hate to say it, but Bipolar crazy. Needs to retire
You have lost your mind bellco18 enjoy the lion king movie and stay out of football talk because it shows you never played the game
Has Dudley talked some since into his ole tailback yet?
What’s the word on why he quit
Bring him to campers
I think anyone would take a player who rushed for 1,500 yds last year. What’s the deal with all of that? Did he quit and not playing or transferring to play somewhere else?
four quarters Wrote:I think anyone would take a player who rushed for 1,500 yds last year. What’s the deal with all of that? Did he quit and not playing or transferring to play somewhere else?

Didn't you see him in the Whitley County 7 on 7? lol
So all bell Whitley corbun do is trade players
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next