•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County
Rainingthrees Wrote:Not sure, know one got hired then when Chappell went to Great Crossing he decided to go with him. I'm sorry but other than Corbin backers on here, hearing Mills is nothing but trouble and Corbin fans I talk to in town say they are glad he is gone! I don't know him but hope this isn't true and in my opinion the whole coaching staff including head coach will be puppets. Best of luck Whitley County, as for me and my family we will be on the road in the fall on Friday nights supporting the Warhawks! Go Coach Chappell!

You're not from Whitley County?
Rainingthrees Wrote:Not sure, know one got hired then when Chappell went to Great Crossing he decided to go with him. I'm sorry but other than Corbin backers on here, hearing Mills is nothing but trouble and Corbin fans I talk to in town say they are glad he is gone! I don't know him but hope this isn't true and in my opinion the whole coaching staff including head coach will be puppets. Best of luck Whitley County, as for me and my family we will be on the road in the fall on Friday nights supporting the Warhawks! Go Coach Chappell!

Corbin fans will tell you anything. lol
pjdoug Wrote:You're not from Whitley County?

Yes, been to almost every game for the past 9-10 years, most I've missed in 1 year is 2 games. Tried to buy something at every booth to support the clubs and teams. The 2016 and 2017 teams was the most enjoyable to watch for me. Wish those kids the best but can't support that administration no longer. Enough is enough, the only thing I can do to protest is not give them anymore of my money. For the kids sake I hope they win. I'm just going to be supporting the new team in Georgetown financially.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Yes, been to almost every game for the past 9-10 years, most I've missed in 1 year is 2 games. Tried to buy something at every booth to support the clubs and teams. The 2016 and 2017 teams was the most enjoyable to watch for me. Wish those kids the best but can't support that administration no longer. Enough is enough, the only thing I can do to protest is not give them anymore of my money. For the kids sake I hope they win. I'm just going to be supporting the new team in Georgetown financially.

I've only missed a handful of games since graduating Whitley County, and went about 25 years without missing a game. I'm a die-hard Colonel. If I travel to watch a high school football team it will be to watch Whitley County. Roll Colonels!:Cheerlead

I’m not sure what Corbin fans you’ve been talking to but the ones I know me included wish Coach Mills would have stayed. He is as fine a person as you will ever meet and he cares about the kids very positive influence for them. I hated to see him leave but wish him and his boy nothing but the best of luck!!
I'm sad today. I lost a Lawson friend.
A Lawson friend?
I for one wish Whitley County nothing but the best. Would love to see them get the "right" HC in there to turn things around. Those kids deserve it.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I for one wish Whitley County nothing but the best. Would love to see them get the "right" HC in there to turn things around. Those kids deserve it.

Head coach hasn’t been the problem, Chappell was good. Administration is the problem.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm sad today. I lost a Lawson friend.

?
pjdoug Wrote:I'm sad today. I lost a Lawson friend.

Sorry Dougie praying for you.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I for one wish Whitley County nothing but the best. Would love to see them get the "right" HC in there to turn things around. Those kids deserve it.

The kids have deserved it for a very long time, but the coach isn’t the problem. Granted some coaches aren’t as good as others but when you look at Whitley’s results over the years it’s because of coaches being forced to play certain kids with certain names that’s the problem...
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Head coach hasn’t been the problem, Chappell was good. Administration is the problem.

My mistake. Really didn't know the actual situation. Probably should have just said hope they make some change to gets things together instead of saying a coaching change. Meant nothing by it. Apologies.
single shot Wrote:The kids have deserved it for a very long time, but the coach isn’t the problem. Granted some coaches aren’t as good as others but when you look at Whitley’s results over the years it’s because of coaches being forced to play certain kids with certain names that’s the problem...

Yeah, that's definitely not a coaching problem. Bad situation. Hopefully they get it fixed. Those kids definitely deserve better than what's going on right now. To much talent in that area for them not to be more competitive. Like I said in another post, I shouldnt have said a coaching change, more like a change is needed.
Go Whitley County and PJDOUG, hope the best for them and my buddy. Sorry about your loss PJDOUG.
#55PirateFan Wrote:My mistake. Really didn't know the actual situation. Probably should have just said hope they make some change to gets things together instead of saying a coaching change. Meant nothing by it. Apologies.

Since your on here #55PiateFan congratulations to your son he has been a monster on the Matt just like he is on the o line
#55PirateFan Wrote:Yeah, that's definitely not a coaching problem. Bad situation. Hopefully they get it fixed. Those kids definitely deserve better than what's going on right now. To much talent in that area for them not to be more competitive. Like I said in another post, I shouldnt have said a coaching change, more like a change is needed.

No big deal, glad I got to hear from you... it is what it is I was a county kid from the same area Dougie’s at but my old man already knew about the school system and wasn’t having it, so I never had a choice, which is probably the best thing he ever done for me. It’s not as bad as I’ve ever seen it at the county right now but things are pretty pitiful all around kids been ran off or just quit playing about all the big three sports. The baseball coach is the big guy on campus right now, if they’ll leave him alone he’ll do great things, made a big jump fundamentally last year. Good luck to your son sounds like he’s got a bright future ahead of him congrats!!
Patriot1 Wrote:Since your on here #55PiateFan congratulations to your son he has been a monster on the Matt just like he is on the o line

Thank you Sir, we really appreciate that. We're really proud of him. He qualified for State this year and will wrestle this weekend in Lexington. Pretty good for a kid who just wrestles to stay in football shape. Lol! Ethan has got by on pure strength. Unfortunately, at State, you need strength and technique and the boy has hardly any of the latter! Hahahaha! But thank you my friend for the kind words.
single shot Wrote:No big deal, glad I got to hear from you... it is what it is I was a county kid from the same area Dougie’s at but my old man already knew about the school system and wasn’t having it, so I never had a choice, which is probably the best thing he ever done for me. It’s not as bad as I’ve ever seen it at the county right now but things are pretty pitiful all around kids been ran off or just quit playing about all the big three sports. The baseball coach is the big guy on campus right now, if they’ll leave him alone he’ll do great things, made a big jump fundamentally last year. Good luck to your son sounds like he’s got a bright future ahead of him congrats!!

It's sad my friend. I really hope that program can get turned around. And I believe it will. And thank you for what you said about my boy. I really appreciate that.
UCfan1 Wrote:A Lawson friend?

Yes. A friend with Lawson surname.
single shot Wrote:The kids have deserved it for a very long time, but the coach isn’t the problem. Granted some coaches aren’t as good as others but when you look at Whitley’s results over the years it’s because of coaches being forced to play certain kids with certain names that’s the problem...

They've not had the best coaches either. Chappell was one of the best they've had.
#55PirateFan Wrote:My mistake. Really didn't know the actual situation. Probably should have just said hope they make some change to gets things together instead of saying a coaching change. Meant nothing by it. Apologies.
Even if the administration is the problem, you still need the "right" coach to not put up with their crap, so they've not had the right one. lol
single shot Wrote:Sorry Dougie praying for you.

Thanks. is he related to you?
Patriot1 Wrote:Go Whitley County and PJDOUG, hope the best for them and my buddy. Sorry about your loss PJDOUG.

Thanks. :Cheerlead
#55PirateFan Wrote:It's sad my friend. I really hope that program can get turned around. And I believe it will. And thank you for what you said about my boy. I really appreciate that.

Send help from West Virginia. lol. I'll probably come to Pikeville for a day or two in the Spring if nothing happens.
pjdoug Wrote:Thanks. is he related to you?

Who is it exactly, I’m not actually in Kentucky right now I’m away working, usually the old man calls to let me know if any of the family has passed. I’m related to some of them on my mother’s side of the family...
single shot Wrote:Who is it exactly, I’m not actually in Kentucky right now I’m away working, usually the old man calls to let me know if any of the family has passed. I’m related to some of them on my mother’s side of the family...

I'll send you a message.
Everyone will have their chance to meet the new coaching staff. There’s a meeting on February 20th. Can’t wait to see what they got and what their plans are for the upcoming season!
UCfan1 Wrote:Everyone will have their chance to meet the new coaching staff. There’s a meeting on February 20th. Can’t wait to see what they got and what their plans are for the upcoming season!

Sounds good. Are you a Colonel?
Hoping for the colonels to do well but just saw the info about the parent meeting on Facebook yesterday.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next