Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region Top 5
Who is the current top 5 in the 13th Region?
North/South Winner
North/South Loser
Clay Co.
Harlan Co.

The rest of the 13th region.
1. South Laurel
2. North Laurel
3. Clay County
4. Harlan County
5. Lynn Camp, Williamsburg, Pineville and Corbin ( draw a straws )

TongueirateSho
okay 64SUR we had the top four right, but Middlesboro went and won the All A region tonight.
13th region all “A” champ and football coach today!! Not a bad start to the weekend.
four quarters Wrote:okay 64SUR we had the top four right, but Middlesboro went and won the All A region tonight.

Just haveto add another straw to my 5th spot Confusednicker:
1. South Laurel. Everyone else is playing for second place.
[quote=FootballFan1999]1. South Laurel. Everyone else is playing for second place.[/QUOTE

Actually think they’ve been a little disappointing. You would think a team in the 13th with two D-1 signees and another going NAIA would cruise, but they’ve lost to Clay when they were at full strength, and trailed the entire first half in a close game with North. They should win region, but it’s not a slam dunk.
Van Hagar Wrote:[quote=FootballFan1999]1. South Laurel. Everyone else is playing for second place.[/QUOTE

Actually think they’ve been a little disappointing. You would think a team in the 13th with two D-1 signees and another going NAIA would cruise, but they’ve lost to Clay when they were at full strength, and trailed the entire first half in a close game with North. They should win region, but it’s not a slam dunk.

I’d put my money on them any day of the week to win it. I wonder how different of an offense/defense their new coach runs compared to their old one.
I’m with Van Hagar on this one... I’m surprisingly a little disappointed in South Laurel so far. I actually believe that all 3 guards have had a d1 offer so that is 3 d-1 guards and a NAIA post. They are the best team right now but I would not be surprised to see clay (if Asher is playing) or North Laurel beat them. I thought North Laurel was better in every quarter but the third and North just turned it over WAY to many times in that quarter to win. With all that said it is South Laurels to lose. Ally Collett is a great player... I think she has improved under the new coach tremendously!
I think that South Laurel is simply adjusting to a new coach and a new basketball philosophy. I hear he’s really big on man defense whereas the coach before him was pretty much strictly zones. By the time the chips are all down and tournament time rolls around no one in the 13th will be a threat to the Cardinals.
Olred Wrote:I’m with Van Hagar on this one... I’m surprisingly a little disappointed in South Laurel so far. I actually believe that all 3 guards have had a d1 offer so that is 3 d-1 guards and a NAIA post. They are the best team right now but I would not be surprised to see clay (if Asher is playing) or North Laurel beat them. I thought North Laurel was better in every quarter but the third and North just turned it over WAY to many times in that quarter to win. With all that said it is South Laurels to lose. Ally Collett is a great player... I think she has improved under the new coach tremendously!

You’re right, I should have added Hall, just wasn’t sure what level she was going to. These guys that are getting defensive about it, I’m not saying South is not the best team or won’t win the region. They are and they should. Their biggest win could come off the court. Since those knuckleheads in the 49th voted to go back to a blind draw, it’s entirely possible that one or the other of Clay/North won’t even be in the region. That would be huge for South. Because if they are, South would have to beat both in the region since they would automatically go in opposite brackets. Don’t think anybody else, including Harlan Co. is really in the conversation. And Clay has to get Asher back to have a realistic shot.
Ally Cornett? I thought this was boys basketball thread?

I thought I was on the boys basketball site and I was actually on the today’s post. Sorry for the comment.
North 77, South 69. Again, South is the favorite, but they’re not a lock.
Rumor Mill Clarification - has a player left a team in the 13th and joined another rival team, just something I heard at a game last night.

Is it even possible to move from one team mid-season and join another without sitting out?
Lamont Sanford Wrote:Rumor Mill Clarification - has a player left a team in the 13th and joined another rival team, just something I heard at a game last night.

Is it even possible to move from one team mid-season and join another without sitting out?

Who's the player and teams?
Or who's the teams?

If someone moves (address) nothing else really matters, doesn't matter what part of the Year it is
Diana Morgan is not playing for south. Idk whole story but heard she lost her scholarship to campbellsville also. South no longer has a big but with clay or north not going to region it’s not as big a deal as it could have been. Nobody else in region really has a big that can dominate south. Just got to get by clay or north. Imo.
North has to be the favorite in the 13th!!! South, Clay and Harlan is a toss-up! But everyone has a opinion!
ky playmaker Wrote:Diana Morgan is not playing for south. Idk whole story but heard she lost her scholarship to campbellsville also. South no longer has a big but with clay or north not going to region it’s not as big a deal as it could have been. Nobody else in region really has a big that can dominate south. Just got to get by clay or north. Imo.

Did she move or just stopped playing, she was the best post player in the region in my opinion.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Did she move or just stopped playing, she was the best post player in the region in my opinion.
Going to clay is what I hear