Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon 2-Day Shipping Really Isn't 2-Day Shipping
Is it just me or is Amazon 2-day shipping taking longer and longer to arrive even though many of the items are still listed as 2-day shipping. I ordered some items this morning at 9 am that were listed as 2-day free shipping. When I was checking out, it stated the items would arrive Monday. It is only getting worse. That is why I am ordering more and more from Wal Mart. Well, I also think the Amazon company is owned by a left wing nut that is another topic.
It's more like 4-5 " business " days. I've been waiting on a pair of Converse Chucks and tomorrow will be day 6...

:devilflam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I am no longer getting orders earlier than promised but most Prime orders are still arriving in two days if I order early in the day. I remain an Amazon fan - Walmart's customer service just is not in the same league.

A few weeks ago I ordered about $95 in groceries. I got a dozen organic eggs and a large bag of lemons that I did not order and the order was missing a few items that I had ordered.

I contacted Amazon customer service to request a refund for the items that I was shorted. I received an email message within a few minutes apologizing and informing me that the entire cost of my order had been refunded.

Amazon's not perfect but their selection of products and customer service is unmatched, IMO.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am no longer getting orders earlier than promised but most Prime orders are still arriving in two days if I order early in the day. I remain an Amazon fan - Walmart's customer service just is not in the same league.

A few weeks ago I ordered about $95 in groceries. I got a dozen organic eggs and a large bag of lemons that I did not order and the order was missing a few items that I had ordered.

I contacted Amazon customer service to request a refund for the items that I was shorted. I received an email message within a few minutes apologizing and informing me that the entire cost of my order had been refunded.

Amazon's not perfect but their selection of products and customer service is unmatched, IMO.

A vast majority of my orders from Wal-Mart.com are incorrect, and I do mean a VAST MAJORITY. The customer service isn't as good as Amazon, as in it takes longer to get a response from them, but Wal Mart always makes the order right and gives me a discount. They also let me keep the items I receive by mistake. About a month ago I received a nice sheet set by mistake and was told to keep it. Wal-Mart is slightly cheaper than Amazon on the products I order, plus I get items more quickly when ordering from them.
No carrier claims 2-day shipping any longer. Both UPS and USPS state that its a 2-3 day delivery standard. The greater Cincinnati area is fortunate to have a major distribution center in our backyard. I always get it in two days. UPS is exclusively zone shipping, and they have updated their zones to reflect rural and less trafficked areas to have longer delivery standards. Beware, we are getting close to having package delivery hubs, meaning you may have to go to your local post office just to pick up any item that would not fit in the mailbox.
Just got the Chucks in via UPS Ground from California. Thinking the Greater Cincinnati fulfillment center sold out of Chucks...

:biggrin: Better late than never!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I love ordering from Wal-Mart. Its always so.exciting to open your box to see what you get. I just received an order I placed three days ago. It was fruit cocktails, protein bars, vitamins and then as an added bonus they threw in some electrode leads and pads that I didn't order.
Westside Wrote:I love ordering from Wal-Mart. Its always so.exciting to open your box to see what you get. I just received an order I placed three days ago. It was fruit cocktails, protein bars, vitamins and then as an added bonus they threw in some electrode leads and pads that I didn't order.

:BigLaugh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Westside Wrote:I love ordering from Wal-Mart. Its always so.exciting to open your box to see what you get. I just received an order I placed three days ago. It was fruit cocktails, protein bars, vitamins and then as an added bonus they threw in some electrode leads and pads that I didn't order.

Which country is the fruit cocktail from?