Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 78 Perry Central 71
Cody Potter unofficially with 42 points.
Perry Central digging themselves in holes early and not climbing out.

Wildcats making a lot of statements this season.
zaga_fan Wrote:Perry Central digging themselves in holes early and not climbing out.

Wildcats making a lot of statements this season.

The run SV made in the 2nd quarter was the difference. SV has certainly had a good start to the season.
With wins over Johnson Central, Knott Central and Perry Central Shelby Valley maybe the best team east of London and south of Elliot County.
Right now Shelby valley should be #1 in the mountains and in the top 20 in the state.
If you only beat the worst Perry central team I seen in several years by 7 u probably ain’t top 20 in state. Not saying they can’t play but get real
ky playmaker Wrote:If you only beat the worst Perry central team I seen in several years by 7 u probably ain’t top 20 in state. Not saying they can’t play but get real

Where was this game played? With 13th, With mtn. officiating, this means everything.
rojas Wrote:With wins over Johnson Central, Knott Central and Perry Central Shelby Valley maybe the best team east of London and south of Elliot County.

I think Shelby Valley is definitely the best team in the mountains that I have seen and are a top twenty team in the state. I have seen most of the top teams in this area with the exception of South Laurel. As for Perry Central they should be better soon if what I'm hearing is true.
No offense, (even though some will be taken.) but imo SV couldn't play within double digits of several 13th region teams. South, Knox, and possibly Clay would beat them fairly easy in my opinion, and I don't think they would beat Corbin either. SV has to have one of the top 5 worst schedules in the state as well, so we will never get to see how they match up with a decent team. The Bourbon game could be interesting if it wasn't being played at Belfry.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:No offense, (even though some will be taken.) but imo SV couldn't play within double digits of several 13th region teams. South, Knox, and possibly Clay would beat them fairly easy in my opinion, and I don't think they would beat Corbin either. SV has to have one of the top 5 worst schedules in the state as well, so we will never get to see how they match up with a decent team. The Bourbon game could be interesting if it wasn't being played at Belfry.

I certainly don't take any offense at that. You may be right. But, give them credit. They have won three games that most would have thought they would have lost. I don't think SV is as good as South. However, if you look at scores they compare favorably to every team in the 13th with the exception of SL. For an example SV beat Knott Central by 30. Clay Co, who right now is the 2nd best team in the 13th only beat Knott Central by 4.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:No offense, (even though some will be taken.) but imo SV couldn't play within double digits of several 13th region teams. South, Knox, and possibly Clay would beat them fairly easy in my opinion, and I don't think they would beat Corbin either. SV has to have one of the top 5 worst schedules in the state as well, so we will never get to see how they match up with a decent team. The Bourbon game could be interesting if it wasn't being played at Belfry.

Confusednicker:
Valley beat a good Knott team by 30.
When was the last time someone around here did that?
rojas Wrote:I certainly don't take any offense at that. You may be right. But, give them credit. They have won three games that most would have thought they would have lost. I don't think SV is as good as South. However, if you look at scores they compare favorably to every team in the 13th with the exception of SL. For an example SV beat Knott Central by 30. Clay Co, who right now is the 2nd best team in the 13th only beat Knott Central by 4.

I definitely give them credit for winning the games they have, and the games they win ahead of them. All they can do is play the team in front of them. But watching everyone of these teams, I just don't see them playing with a few I mentioned. South and Knox wouldn't be much of a game I don't think. Jury is still out on Clay for me. Corbin, it depends where you play them at and which team shows up. I also don't get into comparing like opponents. One team may struggle with a different style of team as another, so I've never put much stock into that.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:I definitely give them credit for winning the games they have, and the games they win ahead of them. All they can do is play the team in front of them. But watching everyone of these teams, I just don't see them playing with a few I mentioned. South and Knox wouldn't be much of a game I don't think. Jury is still out on Clay for me. Corbin, it depends where you play them at and which team shows up. I also don't get into comparing like opponents. One team may struggle with a different style of team as another, so I've never put much stock into that.

Then you have nothing at all to base your analysis of SV on? Who have you seen them play?
jetpilot Wrote:Then you have nothing at all to base your analysis of SV on? Who have you seen them play?

It's actually pretty easy to watch each team play a few times and tell who the better team is, who has the better players, and better coached.
jetpilot Wrote:Then you have nothing at all to base your analysis of SV on? Who have you seen them play?

But if you're into comparing like opponents, go back and look how the South Laurel-Cordia game and the Knox Central-Cordia game turned out. All games on neutral floors.
Congrats to SV
rojas Wrote:Where was this game played? With 13th, With mtn. officiating, this means everything.

That game was played at Prestonsburg as part of the Hi Tech Signs and Graphix Christmas Classic.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:It's actually pretty easy to watch each team play a few times and tell who the better team is, who has the better players, and better coached.

Confusednicker:
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:But if you're into comparing like opponents, go back and look how the South Laurel-Cordia game and the Knox Central-Cordia game turned out. All games on neutral floors.

Who said I was into comparing like scores? But since you're doing it you will find several scores that favor SV and other 15th region teams. And there are several 15th region teams who can beat any of the top 13th region teams on any given night. I'm not a SV fan but they are playing very good ball.
I have seen all these teams with the exception of South Laurel and I think Valley can play with any of them the big kid for Valley will be a match-up problem for anyone. If he keeps working hard he may be one of the most highly recruited kids in the state next year.
Potter is definitely a match up problem and is easily one of the best 3pt shooters in the state.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Right now Shelby valley should be #1 in the mountains and in the top 20 in the state.

How do they match up with Elliott County? I believe they’re 10-1 with their only loss to a Nashville team in a tournament by 4 points. They could make a statement as “#1 in the mountains”, too