Central 20. Corbin 19
Heartbreak
Hatz Wrote:Heartbreak

I know the feeling
Imagine being 64sur.
Switches favorite team every few years.
Said team loses title game

Rinse wash repeat Confusednicker:
Heart breaker for the hounds.. Great game by both teams.
Corbin coaching, WHY not kick the extra point to tie the game? You’ll attempt a 44 yarder at the end of the game but not a PAT! Cost those boys OT.
Haddix decision making in crucial moments has me scratching my head.
Haddix will be questioned about the play calling for years over this game. Very strange game
I want to thank 64sur and Westside for the Updates.

Can’t help but think This is one Corbin should have had. Congrats to Central. Hounds, you shouldn’t hang your heads for the effort. I still think you were the best team in AAA this year.
I guess Justin Haddix is the Tom Osborn of Kentucky high school football. I liked his call to go for 2.
U don’t let a good team hang around when u could/should of been up 18-0 or 12-0 at halftime.
Atrocious playcall on that 2 pts conversion. I fully believe you could have ran almost any other play and won the game. Everybody knew that was the playcall. Eddie gran must have snuck a headset on and called that one.

And what was that field goal. Dear lord. I dont know what to say about that one.
To me, Haddix makes two bad special teams calls late. I would have tied the game. With Corbins defense, going for two never crosses my mind. Lastly, with 4 seconds to go, my stud QB has the ball not a kicker. I really like Haddix and I love Corbin football but this lose is absolutely on the Head Coach. That's just my two cents from my recliner. Others may think differently.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I know the feeling

Yes, you guys also lost a tough one.
Hall of Fame Coach? At least the season was aptly named Unfinished Business!
Hatz Wrote:Heartbreak

Sorry brother, really wanted this one for the Hounds.
Westside Wrote:I guess Justin Haddix is the Tom Osborn of Kentucky high school football. I liked his call to go for 2.

I felt like Corbin moved the ball pretty well. I would have tied it and liked my chances in OT.
Poor decisions by the Corbin coach. Very poor.

Not the same Corbin team I saw in Clarksville.
Congrats to Corbin on an amazing season. Sounds like the Hounds should have won this game, especially with the way it started.

Second EKY team to lose their championship game by one point. Lets hope Johnson Central does not suffer the same fate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
:Cheerlead

Congrats to my yellow jackets. Played one heck of a game.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Sorry brother, really wanted this one for the Hounds.

After they beat us I kind of wanted them to win.

I still think they were the best team in AAA despite this game.
Listened to game. Great game with some poor coaching on both sides. Another state goes back to Louisville. At least 1 a year
WhoYaWith Wrote:Hall of Fame Coach? At least the season was aptly named Unfinished Business!

:popcorn:
Westside Wrote:I guess Justin Haddix is the Tom Osborn of Kentucky high school football. I liked his call to go for 2.

If Corbin had attempted two very short field goals in the first half I don’t think we’d be having this discussion. Just like Boyle last week missed opportunities.
Snakesnot Wrote:Poor decisions by the Corbin coach. Very poor.

Not the same Corbin team I saw in Clarksville.

Or last week vs Boyle.
luke skywalker Wrote::Cheerlead

Yes they did. Congratulations on another title. I didnt think Central could beat Corbin. I was dead wrong and will eat my crow. Congrats!
If that two point conversion had worked you all would be singing Haddix's praises.

It's the state title game! No guts; no glory! I would've went for two every day and twice on Sunday.

Congratulations to Louisville Central on their win. And congratulations to the Corbin Redhounds on their season.

Estep is a phenomenal QB!!! Good luck to him!!

Hand them all the credit for fighting n taking advantage of their chances.
Haddix just can’t take the points and be happy! He blew that game!

Congrats to Central. They came out in the 2nd half and just took it from Corbin. I guess some will say Haddix handed it to them, but I loved the decision to go for 2. You are 3 yards from a state title. Go for it.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Haddix decision making in crucial moments has me scratching my head.

That’s been a consistent in his time at Corbin. Highly questionable play calling
  • 1(current)
  • Next