Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best defensive player you have seen or played with?
Not to play D1

I am interested in some of your answers.
well when he wanted to no one could hold a light to James Walker from SF.
Some great defensive players that i have seen are:

Scott Salyer- Johnson central
Ryan Brown-Paintsville
Tony White- Prestonsburg
Steve Bates from Wheelwright. He would get 3 or 4 sacks a game. Smallest kid I know to ever play noseguard.. But he could sure penetrate a gap..

Patrick Tackett from Wheelwright once had had around 13 interceptions in two games.. 7 in one game and 6 in the other.. I think he set the state record for most INTS in one game. BUt had to later forfeit the record because he had a fake birth certificate and was really 21 years old.. Im sure you remember this Doc..

Greyson Smith lB from Magoffin County would knock your socks off. I think he went on to play at UK though..

Oh yeah.. I have to throw in Arnold Johnson for coming off the sideline and making the most infamous tackle in Wheelwright history.. Im sure you remember that game also doc..
Bates was to this day the best I have ever seen to only play his senior season. He had 7 sacks at pikeville that year.

Patrick wasnt that old was he jeez
Remember when grayson rolled billy micheal at Magoffin big A had the video tape use to show it over and over.
It was harry Gordon that made the tackle and Dewey remembers it more than anyone. LOL because it cost him a touchdown.
That was the reason that they finally got stands. I read an account of it in the huntington and louisville papers, to this day its one of the wildest things i have seen or heard of.
Ryan Brown - Paintsville
Matt Brown - Paintsville
Scott Salyer - Johnson Central
Tony White - Prestonsburg
Chris Spriggs - Prestonsburg
Dallas Greer - Bell County
Doug Howard - Belfry
Grayson Smith - MCHS (90's)
Joey Couch - Paintsville (80's)
Tony Mayes - Paintsville (Actually played in the NFL) (80's)
Doc Holliday Wrote:It was harry Gordon that made the tackle and Dewey remembers it more than anyone. LOL because it cost him a touchdown.
That was the reason that they finally got stands. I read an account of it in the huntington and louisville papers, to this day its one of the wildest things i have seen or heard of.

What happened?
Bob Shurtleff-(70's)? Pikeville
Tim Honaker-(80's) Pikeville
Chris MacName-(80's) Pikeville
Josh Sullivan-Pikeville
Doug Howard-Belfry
Scott Salyer-Johnson Central
Nick Jamerson-Prestonsburg
Chase Gibson-(90's)Pikeville
Josh Preece-Pike Central(late 90s)
SuperMario Wrote:
Doc Holliday Wrote:It was harry Gordon that made the tackle and Dewey remembers it more than anyone. LOL because it cost him a touchdown.

What happened?

LOL ok, this is the story if I remember correctly.
I don't know who Wheelwright was playing, but they were playing at Wheelwright. Dewey Jamerson breaks off a long run and is looking back to see if the safety has an angle on him. When he turns around a drunk man (Harry Gordon I assume) is on the field pointing to the other side. By this time is was too late for Jamerson to keep from hitting him and it knocked both of them to the ground, costing Jamerson the TD. ONLY at Wheelwright would that happen haha.
James Walker South Floyd
Robet Mullins South Floyd
BJ Bryant South Floyd
Josh Sullivan Pikeville
Patrick Tackett Wheelwright
Nick Compton South Floyd
Justin Holbrook South Floyd
Adam Tackett South Floyd
Ryan Brown-Paintsville

I know this seems like to be all 1 sided BUT SF has had some good players on D... AND there is a guy from Pikeville & Paintsville in there!
Willy Perrigan-Pike Central (late90s)
Players I played with:

Matt Brown
Ryan Brown
Jason Kinner
Shane Simpkins
Parker Diabo
Nick Baldridge
Arms twins
Steve Cox
Brad Turner
JKWON33 Wrote:Ryan Brown - Paintsville
Matt Brown - Paintsville
Scott Salyer - Johnson Central
Tony White - Prestonsburg
Chris Spriggs - Prestonsburg
Dallas Greer - Bell County
Doug Howard - Belfry
Grayson Smith - MCHS (90's)
Joey Couch - Paintsville (80's)
Tony Mayes - Paintsville (Actually played in the NFL) (80's)

Very good list
Players I played against:

Scott Salyer - JC
Casey Music - JC
Tony White - Pburg
Kevin Younce - Pburg
Chris Spriggs - Pburg
John Mark Stephens - Pburg
John Hunt - Pburg
Nick Jamerson - Pburg
Josh Sullivan - Pikeville
Brett Gibson - Pikeville
Jared Frasure - Pikeville
Josh Smallwood - Fleming Neon
Durrell White - Middlesboro
Mike Idol - Middlesboro
Chris Mink - Middlesboro
Josh Sullivan
Isaac Ratliff
Chris Lee
Durrell White
late90s at pike central timmy leedy or kyle woods leedy was decently fast and would hit you like a mack truck woods had alot of speed it was like you would break into open feild look back and asee no one the look back again and there he was
Hands down Thomas Goss who played for the Harlan Green Dragons from 92-95. He destroyed people.
Chase Gibson was a good player but he went to play at Marshall were he had some injury which gave him foot drop But he played d1
Josh Preece was a good player. But Willie Perrigan and Timmy Leedy and Kyle Woods are a joke they should not be ont the list at all. I know all of those kids and Timmy, Willie, and Kyle was not even the best defensve players on the team the when they played. They didn't even get offers to play NAIA ball
Donald Baker graduated from Perry Central in 2008. He was about 6'3-6'4, about 250-260 lbs. played DE. He had letters pouring in from Texas, Auburn, LSU, FLORIDA, Ole Miss, Miss. St., UK, Clemson, and a lot of other D1 schools. He never showed them to our coach, Im sure he could have got a scholarship, I think he averaged about 21 tackles a game.
Bruce Moore of Highlands back in the early 70's. If I remember correctly he was a 2 time all state DT. At 5'10" 210. We played a slit 6 defence and he lined up at a 3 tech. I had to deal him all day long. He would hit so hard he would knock my helment off and bloody my nose in the process. Teams double and triple teamed him on about every play. My nose never healed until the season was over. Mom couldn't get the blood stains out of my practice jersey. #@&%#### animal!
Matt Robinson
Matt Robinson - Perry Central
Daniel Smith - Perry Central
Cody Campbell - Perry Central
Brett Barton - Bell County
John Rogers - Bell County
Brent Slusher - Bell County
Jason Leger - Rockcastle County
Durrell White - Middlesboro
Chris Cessna - North Laurel
Corey Peters - Lou. Central
Ridge Wilson - Lou. Central
Rockcastle's entire 2002 defense I think earns a spot as a whole.
jamie smith bell county
Josh Sullivan Pikeville ,Matt Maynard Belfry ,Corey Chapman [for a small guy ] Belfry, Dustin May Belfry, Daniel Harmon Pikeville,
The best defensive player that I have seen this year is Mason Flynn of Pulaski County!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Durrell White was good he was D-1 fast and big but In high school he really didn't like to get hit but Floyd Branham would just knock your head off he was the best I've ever seen or played with he just loved hitting people and he did it well for the 2 years he was a Yellow Jacket.
Justin Patton from south floyd 2010 i think he averaged 3.2 tackles a game i know i know but dude was a beast