Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs CAL in 2A Championship
This is the best Mayfield offense ever, but nowhere near the best defensive team.
I think this is gonna be a great game. Most of the finals look to be good matchups. The Mf offense is outstanding because they have so many weapons and balance. I don't think any of the position players are the best they've had but they are all good. O-line is also solid. You won't be able to count them out if they get down either because they can be so explosive. I think if they can establish Matthews running the ball early will really indicate how the rest of the game goes because if CAL has to bring extra people in the box Mf will attack them vertically. Also, I expect to see Guthrie at QB more than ever. The QB run dimension is something I think they have been holding back up to this point. They haven't needed to use it much in the playoffs thus far. Best thing about that being is Guthrie is competent enough passer you can't overcommit to the run or he will hurt you there. A single turnover could decide this game. That's how close I see it.
I watched the Central Hardin Cal game and Central got the corner at will on Cal i think ken Trey can set the tone in this game and open up the passing game.I like Mayfields Oline against cals defense too.I also saw Milton Wright couldnt get any fifty fifty balls so we want tight coverage and double teams on him.That 33 is a very good back need to spy him everywhere.They like to run Wright in motion fake handoff to him and then send 33 up the middle has been a good play for them.
This is what happens when you only go off a teams stat sheet and dont do any homework.

via courier-journal
https://www.courier-journal.com/videos/s...130485002/
dt812005 Wrote:This is what happens when you only go off a teams stat sheet and dont do any homework.

via courier-journal

^ absolutely! Neither one of them have ANY idea what what mayfield is about other than history and stats.
lol according to them we dont spread it out and were a one trick pony hmmmm they havent seen us this year apparently.
Ignorance is bliss I suppose.
Snakesnot Wrote:I think somewhere down the line someone forgot to make a simple adjustment on you.:yawn:
Go Cardinals Confusednicker:
rookie57 Wrote:^ absolutely! Neither one of them have ANY idea what what mayfield is about other than history and stats.

I'll say this, I've not seen CAL play a single snap this year but if they don't have a dominant line coming in to this game it's gonna be a long night for them, because I've seen Mayfield's and it's dominant!!!
rookie57 Wrote:^ absolutely! Neither one of them have ANY idea what what mayfield is about other than history and stats.

This is why it's called fake news!!!!!
Mayfield- 35
CAL- 7
Honored to watch the Mayfield football Cardinals take the field for a 15th time this season tomorrow. With one exception, my son has watched championship football every year since the first grade. Now he is taking a UK campus tour on Saturday morning before the 2A state championship.

Pride, tradition, and excellence never graduate.
Mayfield 27-21
This old Cardinal is East bound and down as the Bandit would say. We are on the road next stop is the Grocery
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:This old Cardinal is East bound and down as the Bandit would say. We are on the road next stop is the Grocery

Be careful and have a safe trip.
We are just a little more than 3 hours from kickoff to settle this matter. I would love it if the rain would stay away for the entire game.
dt812005 Wrote:This is what happens when you only go off a teams stat sheet and dont do any homework.

via courier-journal

I was hoping for a instant classic / tightly contested game. Now I hope Mayfield blows them out!!!

As for the 3 hour drive to Mayfield last year, hope that's not the reason CAL lost. If so, I guess the 4 1/2 hour drive to Lexington will doom the Cardinals.....My gosh Frakes is a douchebag.
I got 38-28 cards but I truly think we will hold them to 14 an it will be at least a 3 td game.... rain rain go away...
Mhs - 21
cal - 17
mysonis55 Wrote:We are just a little more than 3 hours from kickoff to settle this matter. I would love it if the rain would stay away for the entire game.

stay in the wood shed where it's dry.